Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2015, 02:04   #31
BHPian

Re: Taj Mahal @ Full Moon, Fatehpur Sikri, Mathura, Bharatpur & Keoladeo National Park

Amazing photographs. Will definitely book a full moon view the next time I go to Taj (whenever).
Old 22nd November 2015, 07:05   #32
BHPian

Called the ASI office in Agra. Got the following useful information:
1.Taj Mahal is open 5 days a month for night viewing - full moon day and 2days each, before and after full moon
2. One can't book tickets online for the night visits. You must purchase tickets from The Mall Road, Agra office - 1 day before the visit
3. Do carry your photo IDs

Hope this helps
Old 1st December 2015, 10:52   #33
BHPian

Re: Taj Mahal @ Full Moon, Fatehpur Sikri, Mathura, Bharatpur & Keoladeo National Park

I correct my previous post - still photography is allowed during the full moon Taj Mahal night visits. The Taj was not shining as one would believe/expect, perhaps due to the dull/yellowish marble stone now. Captured a few night shots. All in all - a decent night visit for me.

There is a not-so-well-known forest to visit while in Agra - Keetham Lake. You can enjoy paddle boating here. This also has a bear rehabilitation center - 8 sq. km area with 224 bears. Photography is not allowed in the bear area. We were lucky enough to see around 6 bears in their fully fury. The bears were literally standing on their legs and playing around. This was a great treat to the eyes! And the best part - there was no tourist rush at all.

Last edited by KomS_CarLog : 1st December 2015 at 11:03. Reason: Mentioned specific place
Old 22nd September 2016, 10:14   #34
Team-BHP Support

My family made a trip to the Taj this past weekend and although we wanted to go in for the night viewing, we knew it wouldn't be possible since we were driving down from Gurgaon on Sat morning and returning by evening on Sunday.

While searching for hotels, I came across Radisson Blu which happens to have the Taj Full Moon package. This package among other things lists entry to the Taj for full moon night viewing. Quickly called them up to check; the operator mentioned that they would indeed get us tickets. She asked for photo IDs (PAN doesn't work, has to be a Govt-issued ID with address on it. Eg. DL, Passport, Aadhar card) and mentioned that she had blocked our rooms and would take payment only if she could secure tickets. I got a call an hour later asking for the slot we wanted, and once tickets were secured, I paid for the rooms.

The package is 8999/night for a twin-sharing room and this includes two tickets to the Taj, a bottle of sparking wine, breakfast and use of the spa. Overall, absolutely and rather, more than vfm.

I am a regular patron of the Marriott and Hilton groups so checked with them and other hotel chains and found that no one apart from Radisson Blu had this service. The location of this hotel is pretty good as well since it is a mere 10min walk from the boarding point (Shilpgram) for the Taj.

The night viewing starts at 8.30pm and the last entry is at 12.30am; I would recommend choosing a slot depending on when the moon rise is, so that the moon is sufficiently risen to light it up, but isn't directly above the Taj.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 22nd September 2016 at 10:16.
Old 23rd February 2017, 18:39   #35
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Taj Mahal @ Full Moon, Fatehpur Sikri, Mathura, Bharatpur & Keoladeo National...

Update on Bharatpur Trip Feb 20th 2017

For a change this time I took the Old NH2 instead of Yamuna express way.

First observation: its about 40km shorter compared to YEW.

Crossing Ballabgarh slows u down.
Crossing Palwal will take about 20 odd minutes

Toll of Rs 90 at Hodal.
There was speedgun just before Hodal city.

Overall time taken was almost same as YEW but you save 80kms for a round trip. Gmap now shows NH2 faster than YEW for bhartpur. Also you save on toll charges.

Road widening of 5 to 7 town is pending. Once it is done the old highway will be better bet for bhartpur trip.

I will be taking old NH2 from now on.

Last edited by v&v : 23rd February 2017 at 18:43.
Old 17th February 2020, 11:34   #36
Senior - BHPian

Bumping up an old thread.

I am planning a visit to Bharatpur bird sanctuary this week. Is this time suitable to visit the place?

I've heard November to January is best to spot migratory birds. In that case I'll plan for some other place.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks