Guwahati getaways: A vanishing Kaziranga-dsc00223.jpg

Guwahati getaways: A vanishing Kaziranga-dsc00224.jpg

Guwahati getaways: A vanishing Kaziranga-dsc00225.jpg

Guwahati getaways: A vanishing Kaziranga-dsc00227.jpg

Guwahati getaways: A vanishing Kaziranga-dsc00228.jpg

Guwahati getaways: A vanishing Kaziranga-dsc00230.jpg
Old 27th August 2010, 12:54   #32
BHPian

IORA photos. Its one among the top three place to stay in Kaziranga having a swimming pool. Others being Landmark Woods and Grasslands.

Its a nicely made place with ample lighting so you won't miss the city though hundread miles away from the nearest. The only problem, the GM is a old timer government babu type with no knowledge or experience in the hospitality industry.

Food is expensive but not worth the price tastewise. Will get better nan and chicken in highway dhabas nearby.

Guwahati getaways: A vanishing Kaziranga-dsc01183.jpg

Guwahati getaways: A vanishing Kaziranga-dsc01170.jpg

Guwahati getaways: A vanishing Kaziranga-dsc01169.jpg

Guwahati getaways: A vanishing Kaziranga-dsc01172.jpg

Guwahati getaways: A vanishing Kaziranga-dsc01168.jpg

Guwahati getaways: A vanishing Kaziranga-dsc01173.jpg

Guwahati getaways: A vanishing Kaziranga-dsc01174.jpg

Guwahati getaways: A vanishing Kaziranga-dsc01191.jpg

Guwahati getaways: A vanishing Kaziranga-dsc01177.jpg
Old 27th August 2010, 13:14   #33
Senior - BHPian

Where is the toilet/washroom picture? Do newly weds not need them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Phrangmung View Post
Bon Habie resort, Kohora

Nice well maintained place, rooms are wide and airy. Huge open space for children to play. Would suggest for newly weds.

They have a website

Welcome Bonhabi Resort

Old 27th August 2010, 13:52   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
Where is the toilet/washroom picture? Do newly weds not need them?

Thanks man, i totally forgot about them the last time, here comes the Bon Habie toilet.

Guwahati getaways: A vanishing Kaziranga-dsc01405.jpg

Guwahati getaways: A vanishing Kaziranga-dsc01408.jpg

Guwahati getaways: A vanishing Kaziranga-dsc01409.jpg

And its good for honeymooners cause rooms are resonably priced and they have just around 10. So its quiet around here unlike the big properties with loud corporate get-together guests most of the times which spoil the mood.

I had checked out these places among the numerous for talking my family on a holiday later on.

Last edited by San Phrangmung : 27th August 2010 at 13:54.
Old 27th August 2010, 22:02   #35
Senior - BHPian

Hotel recommendations look great. What tariffs?

What is status of road widening work on NH37 between Nagaon and Jorabat? Do the large towns have bypasses?
Old 27th August 2010, 22:57   #36
BHPian

HvK Landmark Woods, Iora, Greenwood comes within 3,000 to 4,500 with breakfast for two. Bon Habie, Jupuri Ghar, Prasanti cottage within 1,200 and government lodges even less.
There are lot many nice facilities in Kohora area within 1,000 but i had time to check the above only.
As for the Nogaon road there is not a single bypass or fly over so far. Road condition has worsened due to the wet season, as you would see from new snaps in the Pobitora thread of this highway 37.
The government however has announced a Tinsukia by pass further east.
Old 29th August 2010, 11:29   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Man, I soo want to visit these places! My mom landed her first job as a teacher in Nogaon!

I was born in Tezpur and we moved from there when I was 3-4 years old! Have very vague memories of the place but I do remember the place. Heard a lot of adventure stories from my parents regarding the Kaziranga too!

NE is simply gorgeous! I just hope the tensions subside and we are free to roam about safely!
Old 2nd September 2010, 16:02   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Man, I soo want to visit these places! My mom landed her first job as a teacher in Nogaon!

I was born in Tezpur and we moved from there when I was 3-4 years old! Have very vague memories of the place but I do remember the place. Heard a lot of adventure stories from my parents regarding the Kaziranga too!

NE is simply gorgeous! I just hope the tensions subside and we are free to roam about safely!

Thanks Dry Ice, you can visit most places of Assam without any problem now. Its safe to visit Nogaon, Tezpur and Kaziranga.

I might have a few Tezpur shots, if there i will add.
Old 11th September 2010, 11:47   #39
BHPian

awesome trip man and you know what , You had been there on my Bday... 25th November & have celebrated my Bday very well ;-) great pictures...
Old 5th October 2010, 14:08   #40
BHPian

Snaps from 25th September trip on this route

Snaps from 25th September trip on this route upto Bagori range in Kaziranga. Started off at 4 in the morning from Guwahati, had breakfast at Grasslands Resort at 9.30 and drove back.

First batch of pictures are from Amsoi a little after crossing Jagiroad upto Koliabhumura bridge turn point at Kaliabor near Jakhalabandha.

Guwahati getaways: A vanishing Kaziranga-san1139.jpg

Guwahati getaways: A vanishing Kaziranga-san1140.jpg

Guwahati getaways: A vanishing Kaziranga-san1141.jpg

Guwahati getaways: A vanishing Kaziranga-san1142.jpg

Guwahati getaways: A vanishing Kaziranga-san1143.jpg

Guwahati getaways: A vanishing Kaziranga-san1144.jpg

Guwahati getaways: A vanishing Kaziranga-san1145.jpg

Guwahati getaways: A vanishing Kaziranga-san1146.jpg

Guwahati getaways: A vanishing Kaziranga-san1147.jpg

Guwahati getaways: A vanishing Kaziranga-san1148.jpg

Guwahati getaways: A vanishing Kaziranga-san1149.jpg

Guwahati getaways: A vanishing Kaziranga-san1150.jpg

Last edited by San Phrangmung : 5th October 2010 at 14:11.
Old 5th October 2010, 14:38   #41
Senior - BHPian

Oh my good god, how could have I missed this thread. Many snaps are superb and the elephant safari just gives the real flavour. I remember seeing some video on youtube where a tiger jumps on to the tourists on an elephant .

San, you were lucky enough to spot the wild.
Old 5th October 2010, 15:13   #42
BHPian

Thanks Jacs, during this trip i saw a herd of wild elephant for the very first time in my life. Unfortunately did not carry the camera and the nokia could not get any closer with no zoom.
Old 5th October 2010, 17:06   #43
Senior - BHPian

Nice travelogue San. Would like to know few things about Kaziranga staying options. Which would be the best place to stay within the budget of 1500Rs per day? Good clean rooms/beds with clean western toilets would be the preference. Do I need to book well in advance in any of these places? How are the govt guest houses in comparison to the private ones? And out of Govt guest houses which one is the best(Bonani, Bonhabi and I think there is one more) ?How easy or difficult to get a booking done at the govt. run places? Planning to go there after the Diwali vacations. Had been thinking for last few years but it never materialized but this time I don't want to miss.
And about the Elephant and Jeep safaris, how do I have to book? Is it difficult to get a seat (I might need 3-4 seats) on an Elephant Safari? I think Gypsies are abundantly available, am I right? Do I need to have contacts in higher ups to get these bookings?
Old 5th October 2010, 18:45   #44
BHPian

Kuaritol to Silghat & back to NH 37

Due to prevailing situation back home, can't go for drives that don't end the same day back at start point. Fortunately i was able to wake up early and started off at 4 am.

City roads were empty except one or two long distance taxis starting off early like me and police petrol. But once i crossed Khanapara and started the hill section towards Jorabat and Sonapur, came the trucks and night super buses from Upper Assam. Here in the curves i was able to check my new fog lamps which i have placed on top of front doors turned right and left.

It was daylight by the time i reached the plains and the journey was smooth upto Nogaon where the city traffic, specially trucks would not give way. Crossed Puronigudam, Amoni and Misa earlier than expected and took a left turn fron NH 37 towards Silghat to visit Koliabor Manor tea tourism bunglow.

Guwahati getaways: A vanishing Kaziranga-san1151.jpg

Guwahati getaways: A vanishing Kaziranga-san1152.jpg

Guwahati getaways: A vanishing Kaziranga-san1153.jpg

Guwahati getaways: A vanishing Kaziranga-san1154.jpg

Guwahati getaways: A vanishing Kaziranga-san1155.jpg

Guwahati getaways: A vanishing Kaziranga-san1156.jpg

Guwahati getaways: A vanishing Kaziranga-san1157.jpg

Guwahati getaways: A vanishing Kaziranga-san1158.jpg

Guwahati getaways: A vanishing Kaziranga-san1159.jpg

Guwahati getaways: A vanishing Kaziranga-san1160.jpg

Guwahati getaways: A vanishing Kaziranga-san1161.jpg

Guwahati getaways: A vanishing Kaziranga-san1162.jpg

Guwahati getaways: A vanishing Kaziranga-san1163.jpg

Guwahati getaways: A vanishing Kaziranga-san1164.jpg

Guwahati getaways: A vanishing Kaziranga-san1165.jpg

Guwahati getaways: A vanishing Kaziranga-san1166.jpg

Last edited by San Phrangmung : 5th October 2010 at 19:00.
Old 5th October 2010, 19:40   #45
BHPian

Jakhalabandha to Bagori Kaziranga

The drive from Jakhalabandha onwards is always pleasent as the weather change towards the better compared to the heat of Guwahati. Plus the greenery and tea gardens fills the air with freshness of a diffrent kind.

On way is Bura Pahar just before reaching the animal sighting point of Kaziranga. If you are too hungry, ther's GL's Kaziranga resort for a quick breakfast. I got down here on way back to check the rooms and facilities.

As i was quiet dissapointed with what i saw in Koliabor Manor, i was wondering was this long journey worth it. I climed the Burapahar curves slowly with such thoughts and waited at the view point and got a bit angry as it had become more of a garbage dump.

From here i wanted to move fast but this stretch had lots of dangerous curves till Kohora so had to move slow. As i looked left i saw lots of buffalos to the left and kept driving till something told me that stop.

So i pressed the brake and came out of the car with a wide grin. Yes those were not buffalos but wild wild elephants at their best. I was happy that i took the trip and thanked God for this beautiful sighting.

Even though i knew that the mobile camera won't capture anything that far i took a shot anyways. But the moment was uncapturable in its true sense as it was something to be felt. This single sighting turned my whole day into a beautiful one.

Guwahati getaways: A vanishing Kaziranga-san1168.jpg

Guwahati getaways: A vanishing Kaziranga-san1167.jpg

Guwahati getaways: A vanishing Kaziranga-san1169.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks