Team-BHP - A visit to Srisailam
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Travelogues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/)
-   -   A visit to Srisailam (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/88236-visit-srisailam.html)

This was a few weeks back when the rains had just started. We had no plans to stay over, so we had to return the same day which left us no time to explore the area completely. Pictures:

Me and my vaahan:
A visit to Srisailam-img_0573.jpg

At a narrow bridge with an adjoining reservoir (no image of reservoir).
A visit to Srisailam-img_0567.jpg

Somewhere along the way is this beautiful stretch of road:
A visit to Srisailam-img_0579.jpg

Venturing into the forest:
A visit to Srisailam-img_0582.jpg

A visit to Srisailam-img_0586.jpg

My fellow travelers
A visit to Srisailam-img_0591.jpg

Off the road to Mallelateertham:
A visit to Srisailam-img_0593.jpg

A visit to Srisailam-img_0597.jpg

The Mallelateertham waterfalls:
A visit to Srisailam-img_0608.jpg

Way too slippery for me.
A visit to Srisailam-img_0613.jpg

Felt like heaven:
A visit to Srisailam-img_0621.jpg

A visit to Srisailam-img_0655.jpg

No luck. Not enough water for the barrages to open.
A visit to Srisailam-img_0659.jpg

Just pondering.
A visit to Srisailam-img_0664.jpg

My car, happily dirty:
A visit to Srisailam-img_0668.jpg

There is another waterfall just near the dam - Paaladaara Panchadara. However we did not find the time to visit that. I would surely do it again. It was a great trip. One warning to future travelers: Avoid driving during the night by all means. Certain stretches of roads are very bad and the glare from oncoming headlights is a hindrance, especially with heavy rains reducing the visibility further.

HI Hellmet,
Nice write up and neat pics. Waiting for more.

Nice pics and narration. The Beat looks great in black colour!

Are you still holding a Learner's license? If so, you are quite adventurous to dare driving on ghat roads.

You should have gone yesterday--5 gates were opened on the dam and I am told it is an awesome sight.

Lovely pictures there Hellmet. A few Team-BHP'ians did this circuit and stayed overnight day before yesterday. We were completely sprayed by water at close range as 5 gates were open.

Keep a look-out for that travelogue in a couple of days on this forum.

Btw, as Vnabhi mentioned, Beat is looking great in black and welcome to the Chevy family

Is this same shrisailam which is among 12 jyotirling?

I do not find any travelogue on bhp related to shrisailam jyotirling.

It is on my travel radar.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD (Post 2057858)
Is this same shrisailam which is among 12 jyotirling?

I do not find any travelogue on bhp related to shrisailam jyotirling.

It is on my travel radar.

Yes Ashish. Its the same " Srisailam" where its one of the 12 Jyothirling in our country.

Btw, I spotted a lot of cars sporting KA and MH registration plates during our trip last weekend.

Do make a trip during monsoons as that entire area is dense forest and extremely beautiful ( almost as good as Konkan area in monsoons)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 2057938)
Its the same " Srisailam" where its one of the 12 Jyothirling in our country.

Then, i must visit this place with my family.
Looking at the remote location of this place, better, i combine this place with my next visit to Tirupati.

Sorry for OT.

Quote:

I spotted a lot of cars sporting KA and MH registration plates during our trip last weekend.
Quote:

Keep a look-out for that travelogue in a couple of days on this forum.
Waiting for travelogue!!!

Guys, the dam gates are opened now. It would be a great view if you could visit this place now.

Nice pictures, especially the water fall. Do post some more.

Hellmet, hope you had a good trip. Even we went last weekend and the lush green of the forest and the spray from the dam made it a worthwhile experience.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rnidumolu (Post 2058036)
Guys, the dam gates are opened now. It would be a great view if you could visit this place now.

You bet it is. We went to the bottom and in the dark and the car high beam, one could see the swirl of wind making the water spray.