Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2010, 18:19   #91
BHPian

various moods of circuit the tiger cub of moharli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
OMG! Kittens!

Well, I don't know if that is an internet meme yet (like ponies) but after your wonderful pics of the youngster, it should be!

My wife pointed out how they are looking just like our cat: the way of holding the tails, of stretching the legs, but, as per my previous comment, I don't think I would like to try cuddling one, even at that age.

... of course, if mum was watching, I wouldn't expect to survive!
very true sir

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerranch View Post
Doc. lovely photos and the narration is awesome.

all the best. Cheers
thank you again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
Wow! They are cute. Happy to see we are progressing on Tiger population. While I was in Bandipur, the forst department guys told me that about 40 tiger cubs were brought to India from Australia. And according to their sources, these cubs were send to Bandhavgarh Tiger Reserve. Any idea?

And Tiger census in Bandipur is 100+ but they can be anywhere in Bandipur, Mudumalai, Wayanad sancturies. That makes spotting difficult as Kabini and Nagarhole also comes into picture.
That seems like a cock and bull story on its face value. Tiger cubs without their mothers if released in wild are wiped out by male tigers in no time. I think there may have beeen some miscommunication somewhere.

You had a lovely encounter with Agasthya at Bandipur during your visit.
I had one pic of him taken 2 years back during my visit to bandipr and when i was coming out of the park, it had gotten dark and it was my pre dslr days, so could manage only this with my kodak z612 superzoom back then.

Agasthya - Bandipur - GLOWING EYES
Nobody can assure you a Tiger, and thats the fun of it - Team BHP meet at Tadoba !-glowing-eyes.jpg

And here are some of the various moods of the tiger cub we have named circuit for his eccentric ways at Tadoba which we have captured over the last few months. Enjoy this visual feast :

Nobody can assure you a Tiger, and thats the fun of it - Team BHP meet at Tadoba !-13876705904c903c0427224.jpg

Nobody can assure you a Tiger, and thats the fun of it - Team BHP meet at Tadoba !-17179344104ca2a6bc62212.jpg

Nobody can assure you a Tiger, and thats the fun of it - Team BHP meet at Tadoba !-count-teeth.jpg

Nobody can assure you a Tiger, and thats the fun of it - Team BHP meet at Tadoba !-10134153454c9a4e736877f.jpg

Nobody can assure you a Tiger, and thats the fun of it - Team BHP meet at Tadoba !-ghost-darkness.jpg

Nobody can assure you a Tiger, and thats the fun of it - Team BHP meet at Tadoba !-yawn.jpg

Nobody can assure you a Tiger, and thats the fun of it - Team BHP meet at Tadoba !-img_8770-copy.jpg

Nobody can assure you a Tiger, and thats the fun of it - Team BHP meet at Tadoba !-cub-greens.jpg

Nobody can assure you a Tiger, and thats the fun of it - Team BHP meet at Tadoba !-37472_1541532346050_1467206024_31419603_7453854_n.jpg

Nobody can assure you a Tiger, and thats the fun of it - Team BHP meet at Tadoba !-1.jpg

Nobody can assure you a Tiger, and thats the fun of it - Team BHP meet at Tadoba !-5.jpg

Nobody can assure you a Tiger, and thats the fun of it - Team BHP meet at Tadoba !-2-copy.jpg

Nobody can assure you a Tiger, and thats the fun of it - Team BHP meet at Tadoba !-7.jpg

Nobody can assure you a Tiger, and thats the fun of it - Team BHP meet at Tadoba !-10.jpg

Nobody can assure you a Tiger, and thats the fun of it - Team BHP meet at Tadoba !-3-copy.jpg

Nobody can assure you a Tiger, and thats the fun of it - Team BHP meet at Tadoba !-13-copy.jpg

Nobody can assure you a Tiger, and thats the fun of it - Team BHP meet at Tadoba !-785484174c5b7c3e0767e.jpg

Nobody can assure you a Tiger, and thats the fun of it - Team BHP meet at Tadoba !-38419_1538862399303_1467206024_31412366_1169456_n.jpg

Nobody can assure you a Tiger, and thats the fun of it - Team BHP meet at Tadoba !-40235_148990491785523_100000237180124_374664_7106326_n.jpg

Nobody can assure you a Tiger, and thats the fun of it - Team BHP meet at Tadoba !-41154_149950038356235_100000237180124_380665_7896212_n.jpg

Nobody can assure you a Tiger, and thats the fun of it - Team BHP meet at Tadoba !-45108_1373551982011_1328135190_30964487_7997528_n.jpg

Name:  45251_1568680144728_1467206024_31498806_1485802_n.jpg
Views: 1227
Size:  77.0 KB

Nobody can assure you a Tiger, and thats the fun of it - Team BHP meet at Tadoba !-46075_1373329656453_1328135190_30963889_5813623_n.jpg

Nobody can assure you a Tiger, and thats the fun of it - Team BHP meet at Tadoba !-10945870134c7b2129a83e4.jpg

Nobody can assure you a Tiger, and thats the fun of it - Team BHP meet at Tadoba !-14977504564c4517d50b1a5.jpg

Nobody can assure you a Tiger, and thats the fun of it - Team BHP meet at Tadoba !-17861597324c7baf9c18451.jpg

Nobody can assure you a Tiger, and thats the fun of it - Team BHP meet at Tadoba !-46219_419729142850_716372850_4797179_126118_n.jpg

Nobody can assure you a Tiger, and thats the fun of it - Team BHP meet at Tadoba !-35059_10150225107420582_569205581_13500614_3893045_n.jpg

Nobody can assure you a Tiger, and thats the fun of it - Team BHP meet at Tadoba !-35059_10150225107425582_569205581_13500615_6483192_n.jpg

These photographs represent the consolidated luck that we had with these Tiger cubs (Circuit and his 3 siblings) over the last few months. Not all the pics are by me. Copyright respective photographers as indicated. You will find some of these pics in various other forum posts that I have already made on the other threads on Tadoba. Reposting them to have a consolidated post of their growth over the last few months here.

Please go through some of my albums on facebook here Welcome to Facebook for more of them and their ways.

These guys are real posers and they have enthralled hoards of wildlife crazy enthusiasts from all over the country this monsoons.

It is my pleasure to deliver their message to all of you through this forum.
With the end of September and beginning of october, i will be shifting my energies towards my other home - Pench Tiger reserve and continue bringing you these natural history images from our forests.

This travelogue is my goodbye to Tadoba tiger reserve for the next few months in all probability.

Barring the new tiger cubs - the mobile grab shot of whom I have already posted, I have been successful in photographically documenting and presenting before you the various moods of over 30 tigers from this reserve over the last couple of months.

I must thank the entire community for their wonderful responses to these posts of mine.

regards,
Dr. A Ghosh
Old 30th September 2010, 18:36   #92
BHPian

Whenever I visit any forest, I get to see elephants , Deer and Gaur ( once in Bandipur, just saw deer, nothing else ) . But when you go doc, you get to see all the tigers in there How do you do that ? and most important , how do you make them pose for you ?
Old 30th September 2010, 18:58   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abheekg View Post
thank you again.

circuit

These guys are real posers and they have enthralled hoards of wildlife crazy enthusiasts from all over the country this monsoons.

It is my pleasure to deliver their message to all of you through this forum.
No Abheek, thanks to you for bringing us these photos!
with circuit being the real circuit of the group. always curious, getting close to the tourists. and remember how it was sneezing contineously in the rain that morning? remember how it posed for us in one of the bylanes after waterhole 10?
Just look at forest guide Dashrath's facial expression in the first pic
Nobody can assure you a Tiger, and thats the fun of it - Team BHP meet at Tadoba !-1.jpg
Nobody can assure you a Tiger, and thats the fun of it - Team BHP meet at Tadoba !-2.jpg
Old 30th September 2010, 19:27   #94
Distinguished - BHPian

The photographs just get better and better: congratulations to all the photographers. The ones of tigers interacting with each other are just pure magic. In that situation, it must be very hard to know whether to keep the eye on the viewfinder, or to put the camera aside because you might never see something like that again.
Old 30th September 2010, 22:20   #95
Joy
BHPian

Lovely pics, doc specially of the cubs. These are real beauties of the world which WE are slowly but seriously wiping out due to our greed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abheekg View Post

That seems like a cock and bull story on its face value. Tiger cubs without their mothers if released in wild are wiped out by male tigers in no time. I think there may have beeen some miscommunication somewhere.
Totally agree with you sir, As far as my knowledge goes, it is very difficult to re-locate tigers. They are one of the most freedom loving creatures and most adaptive of their natural habitats. I think (leave aside Australia) a Tadoba tiger can't survive in sunderbans (that's how far my knowledge goes) as the cubs are taught to survive according to their environment by their moms. Dr. Abheek & others, you are free to rectify my views.

Also, I would request all TBHPians to be part of save the tiger project. Being supporting the project, I am trying to garner as much support as I can.

Fantastic travelogue and an equally fantastic overview. I just love Tigers (though never seen one).

Thanks everybody for posting your various tiger sightings.
Old 1st October 2010, 11:42   #96
BHPian

Dr. Ghosh,

Lovely pics. Thanks.

I have a question about TATR. Arent there any elephants in TATR? I have not come across any snaps yet.

Regards,
Rishi
Old 1st October 2010, 13:17   #97
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Doctor for the wonderful journey

Now the onus is on fatboyslim and hridayjoti to continue this wonderful thread with their rest of the pics

Looking forward...
Old 1st October 2010, 14:49   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarmarishi View Post
Arent there any elephants in TATR? I have not come across any snaps yet.
Rishi, there are no elephants in TATR but the forest officials have recently brought in 4 of them from some forest in KA. These are kept in captivity all day and left into the reserve in the night.
Name:  TATR Ele.JPG
Views: 1213
Size:  32.1 KB
Old 4th October 2010, 10:58   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeTorque View Post
Rishi, there are no elephants in TATR but the forest officials have recently brought in 4 of them from some forest in KA. These are kept in captivity all day and left into the reserve in the night.
Thanks for letting me know. I am guessing they have been brought there for patrolling. I hope they have not got them there for giving joy rides to tourists as it gets more popular. Have seen it happen in almost all parks in KA. Its rather sad!

You guys need to make a trip to Kaziranga in Assam. Its truly an experience out of this world. Esp the Elephant ride into the sanctuary at 5 am in the morning. You will come upon Rhino who are still asleep. And its really cold that time with the mist hitting your face and the elephant grass growing right upto the hieght of the elephant you are sitting on. Please bear in mind that the park is only open from November to March (about 5-6 months in a year).

Sorry for going OT but i thought since a lot of wildlife enthusiats visit this thread, it will be good info for all of you. I have been going there every year I go back to assam to visit my folks.
Old 4th October 2010, 14:30   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarmarishi View Post
I hope they have not got them there for giving joy rides to tourists as it gets more popular.
Kaziranga in Assam.
Sorry for going OT
Unfortunately, I think that is what they are being planned to be used for, joy rides for tourists. Though i did not see any tourists actually taking the ride, there is a structure for tourists to mount the elephants and a board indicating the rates. See pics below.
Nobody can assure you a Tiger, and thats the fun of it - Team BHP meet at Tadoba !-elep-ride1.jpg
Nobody can assure you a Tiger, and thats the fun of it - Team BHP meet at Tadoba !-elep-ride2.jpg
Nobody can assure you a Tiger, and thats the fun of it - Team BHP meet at Tadoba !-elep-ride.jpg
Not OT at all! Kaziranga is one of the destinations on my wish list. Its just about arranging the finances and leaves

Last edited by ExtremeTorque : 4th October 2010 at 14:32.
Old 6th October 2010, 11:46   #101
BHPian

Add on...

Hey Abheekda, those were some marvelous collection you got! thanks for sharing. Sorry, I was little off beat for a while. Getting too busy with work and wanted to have some relaxing time without worrying about anything at all. Later than never, I would like a to add on a few more clicks from my lens.

One more pic of the DAD...
Nobody can assure you a Tiger, and thats the fun of it - Team BHP meet at Tadoba !-_mg_4770.jpg

The Circuit Show...

As we were trying to get the shots of the cubs, Circuit, the most photoholic cub of the all, decided to walk into us for a photo-session!
Nobody can assure you a Tiger, and thats the fun of it - Team BHP meet at Tadoba !-_mg_4913.jpg

Doc, do you remember the the one liner of Bijoy
"Yeh Circuit pichle janam me zaroor Bollywood Hero raha hoga!"

He decided to to sit just in the middle of all gypsies, so that everybody gets a good angle of him!
Nobody can assure you a Tiger, and thats the fun of it - Team BHP meet at Tadoba !-_mg_4923.jpg

He started to give his ultra-natural nervous-less pose!
Nobody can assure you a Tiger, and thats the fun of it - Team BHP meet at Tadoba !-_mg_4927.jpg

His sister decides to join him, she is not so comfortable with cameras so she took her sit little back.
Nobody can assure you a Tiger, and thats the fun of it - Team BHP meet at Tadoba !-_mg_4984.jpg

Circuit knows it very well, photographers are getting bored of the same shot, so he decided to stand up and went to the bush.
Nobody can assure you a Tiger, and thats the fun of it - Team BHP meet at Tadoba !-_mg_4990.jpg

Oh, that's him. standing tall in the bush.
Nobody can assure you a Tiger, and thats the fun of it - Team BHP meet at Tadoba !-_mg_4993.jpg

Here he came again, giving a cold stare to another vehicle.
Nobody can assure you a Tiger, and thats the fun of it - Team BHP meet at Tadoba !-_mg_5000.jpg

Showing his aggression (photo courtesy: Dr. Abheek Ghosh)
Nobody can assure you a Tiger, and thats the fun of it - Team BHP meet at Tadoba !-img_8703.jpg

Calmed down
Nobody can assure you a Tiger, and thats the fun of it - Team BHP meet at Tadoba !-_mg_5004.jpg

Calling off the show. Show over go back, leave us alone...
Nobody can assure you a Tiger, and thats the fun of it - Team BHP meet at Tadoba !-_mg_5006.jpg

Cheers!
Hriday
Old 6th October 2010, 11:57   #102
Joy
BHPian

Excellent pics hridayjyoti. Captured the moods very beautifully.

Is TATR open all year round?
Old 6th October 2010, 12:15   #103
Senior - BHPian

Happened to click this thread in the middle of booking a ticket in irctc and was timed out thrice there!! Now I've closed irctc and waiting for more. circuit is cute - yet to get the cold stare
Old 6th October 2010, 12:26   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy View Post
Excellent pics hridayjyoti. Captured the moods very beautifully.

Is TATR open all year round?
Thanks Joy. Yes, TATR opens all year around. If you have any plan of visiting there, Dr. Abheek Ghosh is the best person to contact with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallumowgli View Post
Happened to click this thread in the middle of booking a ticket in irctc and was timed out thrice there!! Now I've closed irctc and waiting for more. circuit is cute - yet to get the cold stare
Lol. I will be uploading the next installment soon, possibly by end of today. Till then please go ahead with your ticketing.
Old 6th October 2010, 14:18   #105
Distinguished - BHPian

The pictures you guys are posting are just beyond words. Fabulous.

So many of the facial expressions are to be seen on their tiny domestic-cat cousins. It is a remarkable thing in nature that cats come in this range of sizes --- but they are still cats!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks