Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2010, 21:30   #16
Senior - BHPian

Lovely pics and narration, Hridayjyoti. Please carry on!
Old 17th September 2010, 21:53   #17
Joy
BHPian

Nice travelogue and pics. Waiting with bated breadth. Please continue asap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hridayjyoti View Post
Thanks Jay. Yeah, I am from Jorhat, Assam. but currently I am in Gurgaon/Rajasthan.
Good to know you are from Jorhat. I studied two years in Jorhat while my dad was posted there, after that came to Guwahati to complete my schooling and plus two. Currently in Kolkata, WB.
Old 18th September 2010, 10:06   #18
Senior - BHPian

A well documented, photographed and written travelogue. A step by step journey through your lens is what we too are on. Quality and composition of photographs is good. Will come back for more. Keep it coming.
Old 18th September 2010, 12:09   #19
Senior - BHPian

I am hooked on to this travelogue !!

Eagerly waiting for the next installments. Kindly tell us the toll info too. Also any prior bookings needed in the forest lodge ?
Old 18th September 2010, 20:03   #20
BHPian

After having lunch, initially we were planning to go for boating Naini lake. Boating will be open till 7pm, we decided to go for sightseeing. We want to enjoy the beauty of Nainital without getting worried about roads, so we booked an alto for sightseeing.

He will be showing lover’s point, suicide point, bara patthar, land’s end, Khurpatal, waterfall, Snow view and lake view point. We dropped out Lover’s point, Suicide point and Bara pathar. Initially he asked for Rs. 800/-, we bargained to 550/-.

Empty forest house, dark night, candle, guitar & 3Musketeers: driving Binsar/Nainital-copy-_mg_3831.jpg

Empty forest house, dark night, candle, guitar & 3Musketeers: driving Binsar/Nainital-copy-_mg_3875.jpg

Bara Pathar is hill consists of 12steep hillocks, and is known for mountaineous adventure traning like mountain climbing, reppling, etc.

Empty forest house, dark night, candle, guitar & 3Musketeers: driving Binsar/Nainital-copy-bara-pathar.jpg

Land’s End stands high at an altitude of 2118 meters. I gave us stunning panoramic view of the neighboring hills and the green valley with white cloud cover playing hide & seek.

Empty forest house, dark night, candle, guitar & 3Musketeers: driving Binsar/Nainital-copy-_mg_3854.jpg

Empty forest house, dark night, candle, guitar & 3Musketeers: driving Binsar/Nainital-copy-_mg_3864.jpg

Empty forest house, dark night, candle, guitar & 3Musketeers: driving Binsar/Nainital-copy-_mg_3868.jpg

Waterfall was about 5kms away from Nainital on the way to Kaladhungi. Waterfall looks refreshing as it splashes milky water through the rocks into a pool of water

Empty forest house, dark night, candle, guitar & 3Musketeers: driving Binsar/Nainital-copy-_mg_3881.jpg

Empty forest house, dark night, candle, guitar & 3Musketeers: driving Binsar/Nainital-_mg_3887.jpg

Khurpatal lake gives a splendid view with road curving into it.

Empty forest house, dark night, candle, guitar & 3Musketeers: driving Binsar/Nainital-copy-_mg_3891.jpg

Empty forest house, dark night, candle, guitar & 3Musketeers: driving Binsar/Nainital-copy-_mg_3895.jpg

Empty forest house, dark night, candle, guitar & 3Musketeers: driving Binsar/Nainital-copy-cropping.jpg

Lake view point: the mango shaped Nainital gave lavish picturesque view.

Empty forest house, dark night, candle, guitar & 3Musketeers: driving Binsar/Nainital-copy-_mg_3909.jpg

Empty forest house, dark night, candle, guitar & 3Musketeers: driving Binsar/Nainital-copy-_mg_3922.jpg

Click image for larger version

Name:	Copy of _MG_3922.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	425909
Snow View point is situated on top of the Sher-ka-danda ridge. At a distance of 2.5 kms from the town of Nainital and is also accessible by ropeway. Our day was cloudy so didn’t saw any Himalayan peaks, on a sunny day peaks of Nada Devi, Trishul, Nanda Kot are visible from here.

Empty forest house, dark night, candle, guitar & 3Musketeers: driving Binsar/Nainital-_mg_3943.jpg

Empty forest house, dark night, candle, guitar & 3Musketeers: driving Binsar/Nainital-copy-_mg_3931.jpg

Empty forest house, dark night, candle, guitar & 3Musketeers: driving Binsar/Nainital-copy-_mg_3939.jpg

By 4:30pm we were back from our trip and went for boating in Nainital.

Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
Empty forest house, dark night, candle, guitar & 3Musketeers: driving Binsar/Nainital-copy-_mg_3927.jpg  

Old 18th September 2010, 22:39   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Lovely pics and narration, Hridayjyoti. Please carry on!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy View Post
Nice travelogue and pics. Waiting with bated breadth. Please continue asap.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
A well documented, photographed and written travelogue. A step by step journey through your lens is what we too are on. Quality and composition of photographs is good. Will come back for more. Keep it coming.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
I am hooked on to this travelogue !!

Eagerly waiting for the next installments.
Thank you all. I will be travelling again on tomorrow. even then will try keep the story moving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Kindly tell us the toll info too. Also any prior bookings needed in the forest lodge ?
I will be posting all the details narrated at the end. Prior booking to forest house is recommanded.

Quote:
Good to know you are from Jorhat. I studied two years in Jorhat while my dad was posted there, after that came to Guwahati to complete my schooling and plus two. Currently in Kolkata, WB.
Nice to hear from someone who had the taste of my native place. I am born and brought up in Jorhat only..
Old 19th September 2010, 00:28   #22
BHPian

We took a pedal boat for 1 hours @ Rs. 150. We completed a full round the lake in 50mins. That was quite relaxing.

Empty forest house, dark night, candle, guitar & 3Musketeers: driving Binsar/Nainital-_mg_3950.jpg

Empty forest house, dark night, candle, guitar & 3Musketeers: driving Binsar/Nainital-_mg_3951.jpg

Empty forest house, dark night, candle, guitar & 3Musketeers: driving Binsar/Nainital-_mg_3954.jpg

Empty forest house, dark night, candle, guitar & 3Musketeers: driving Binsar/Nainital-_mg_3955.jpg

Empty forest house, dark night, candle, guitar & 3Musketeers: driving Binsar/Nainital-_mg_3970.jpg

Empty forest house, dark night, candle, guitar & 3Musketeers: driving Binsar/Nainital-_mg_3975.jpg

Empty forest house, dark night, candle, guitar & 3Musketeers: driving Binsar/Nainital-_mg_3985.jpg

Empty forest house, dark night, candle, guitar & 3Musketeers: driving Binsar/Nainital-_mg_3994.jpg

Empty forest house, dark night, candle, guitar & 3Musketeers: driving Binsar/Nainital-_mg_4005.jpg

Few doggies! They were very lazy I would say, I saw them only sleeping for whole day...

Empty forest house, dark night, candle, guitar & 3Musketeers: driving Binsar/Nainital-_mg_4008.jpg

Empty forest house, dark night, candle, guitar & 3Musketeers: driving Binsar/Nainital-_mg_4009.jpg

After sunset we went back to hotel and freshened. Nanital looked fabulous in dying light...

Empty forest house, dark night, candle, guitar & 3Musketeers: driving Binsar/Nainital-_mg_4025.jpg

Empty forest house, dark night, candle, guitar & 3Musketeers: driving Binsar/Nainital-_mg_4027.jpg

We had our dinner in the hotel itself and went for sleep. I was hoping to see a good sunrise of the lake on the next day. Fingers crossed!
Old 20th September 2010, 19:34   #23
BHPian

I guess either my narration and pics are not upto the mark or my slow update rate making low viewership of this log. If it is the second reason I am extremely sorry for it also beg you pardon as I won't be able to update till 26th, right now I am travelling in Port Blair (it is the third consecutive weekend I am travelling). But, I can clear any query through mobile internet.

Cheers!
Old 28th September 2010, 00:27   #24
BHPian

Back with Rest of the Stories

Hello again, I am back from another awesome trip to Andaman and Chennai, with loads of photos to sort out and process. But, before that I must complete this TL, otherwise the guilty of keeping it tossed in air killing me.

Good morning Nainital...

We were excited but we were tired, we all went for sound sleep immediately after hitting the beds. There was chance of having a nice clear sky tomorrow after seeing bluish patch in the evening. I kept my fingers crossed; hope to catch the lake in morning sky

5:00am: I suddenly woke up, without a second thought I peeped out of the window. Huh, it’s too early; darkness is everywhere except for a few street lights.[

The warmth of morning sleep is always tough to deny, I went for a quick morning nap say for 1hr.

My ear buzzed with sound of a car. Something is wrong here! I jumped out of my bed, checked the phone; “oh no... It’s 7:30 now.” Peeped out of the window, the sky was clear and blue, though sunrise had gone; I want to give a try.

Without wasting a moment I took the camera and made my way to the lake. Immediately, I realised no matter whether I get view or not; a walk along the lake made my day. It was cold, serene and cold breeze was blowing across the lake.

The water was calm, and the blueness rendered by the sky made it invariably picturesque. I took a few steps towards the lake and unleashed my lens!

Boats at the bay, life was yet to start for them...
Empty forest house, dark night, candle, guitar & 3Musketeers: driving Binsar/Nainital-_mg_4089.jpg

Still water, blue sky and the hills...

Empty forest house, dark night, candle, guitar & 3Musketeers: driving Binsar/Nainital-_mg_4084.jpg

Wild flower...

Empty forest house, dark night, candle, guitar & 3Musketeers: driving Binsar/Nainital-_mg_4117.jpg

How the lake changing it's colour! yesterday it was cloudy and misty and today....

Empty forest house, dark night, candle, guitar & 3Musketeers: driving Binsar/Nainital-_mg_4131.jpg

One nice frames spoiled by the electricity wires...

Empty forest house, dark night, candle, guitar & 3Musketeers: driving Binsar/Nainital-_mg_4132.jpg

Few random shots of reflections...

Empty forest house, dark night, candle, guitar & 3Musketeers: driving Binsar/Nainital-copy-_mg_4122.jpg

Empty forest house, dark night, candle, guitar & 3Musketeers: driving Binsar/Nainital-copy-_mg_4123.jpg

Mall road starting to wake up...

Empty forest house, dark night, candle, guitar & 3Musketeers: driving Binsar/Nainital-t_mg_4112.jpg

Clicked for no reason...

Empty forest house, dark night, candle, guitar & 3Musketeers: driving Binsar/Nainital-t_mg_4105.jpg

Cheers!
Hriday
Old 28th September 2010, 01:21   #25
BHPian

Beatiful log. Thanks for sharing.
Old 28th September 2010, 14:11   #26
Joy
BHPian

Beautiful pics. Waiting for the next installment.

BTW, what lens do you use?
Old 28th September 2010, 14:19   #27
Senior - BHPian

Nice to have you back again. Waiting for more pics.

IMO, the rate at which you are uploading pics and narrating is very slow, hence the low viewership numbers.
Old 28th September 2010, 20:07   #28
BHPian

Problems..

Problem arose: Camera battery showing low. Forgot to brought 220 to 110volt adaptor, neither our hotel had a European plug point. There was no chance that I would find an electronic shop open in so early hours! I put the bet on buying an converter in Almora on the way.

We had ordered aloo parathas and as our breakfast, and checked out of the hotel. Total bill: Rs 2939/- (1890 for hotel room and 1049 for tea & snacks, dinner and breakfast). I forgot to mention; we had thali as dinner with chicken curry.

We started our journey at 9:30am; destination: Binsar Forest Guest House.

We didn’t make any reservation for guest house, so we will try to arrive there as early as possible, so that in case of any misfortune, we can come back to Almora. Saying so, we took photographic break as well and drove at slow speed.
Empty forest house, dark night, candle, guitar & 3Musketeers: driving Binsar/Nainital-dscn6415.jpg

Beautiful vistas
Empty forest house, dark night, candle, guitar & 3Musketeers: driving Binsar/Nainital-_mg_4135.jpg

Empty forest house, dark night, candle, guitar & 3Musketeers: driving Binsar/Nainital-_mg_4139.jpg

NH 87 to Almora from Naintal suffered a few scars, because of monsoon.

Empty forest house, dark night, candle, guitar & 3Musketeers: driving Binsar/Nainital-dscn6412.jpg

We had to stop for around 15mins for a road clearing before entering Bhawali.

Empty forest house, dark night, candle, guitar & 3Musketeers: driving Binsar/Nainital-_mg_4140.jpg

Empty forest house, dark night, candle, guitar & 3Musketeers: driving Binsar/Nainital-_mg_4144.jpg

Wrecked, clicked and Painted!!!

Empty forest house, dark night, candle, guitar & 3Musketeers: driving Binsar/Nainital-_mg_4142.jpg

After entering Bhawali there was a long traffic jam, because of a bridge construction. It took around half an hour to get rid of the traffic.

Empty forest house, dark night, candle, guitar & 3Musketeers: driving Binsar/Nainital-dscn6400.jpg

Empty forest house, dark night, candle, guitar & 3Musketeers: driving Binsar/Nainital-_mg_4145.jpg

I wished to fill up the tank, there is a petrol pump in Bhawali, but I missed it while negotiating the traffic!!!

After crossing the traffic, our scenic drive to Almora starts... A teaser..

Empty forest house, dark night, candle, guitar & 3Musketeers: driving Binsar/Nainital-_mg_4153.jpg

Cheers!!!
Hriday
Old 28th September 2010, 20:23   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akbaree View Post
Beatiful log. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks a lot akbaree.

Quote:
Beautiful pics. Waiting for the next installment.

BTW, what lens do you use?
Thanks Joy. Next installments will be deposited soon.

I noramlly use stock EF-S18-55mm IS lens on canon 450D body. for telephotos EF-S 55-250mm IS lens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Nice to have you back again. Waiting for more pics.

IMO, the rate at which you are uploading pics and narrating is very slow, hence the low viewership numbers.
Thank you. I also agree with you. But, my tight travelling schedule and lack of network in Andamans gave a very little opportunity to go with the story. But, I will try to finish off this TL and the other one on Tadoba Tiger reserve before next travel plans come up.
Old 30th September 2010, 23:58   #30
BHPian

Road started showing its beauty. I won’t say the road is in excellent condition but it runs through a lash green forest, and the view was too tempting to slow down and enjoy the drive. Few waterfalls, we just pull out the car, enjoyed the sound of water falling.
Empty forest house, dark night, candle, guitar & 3Musketeers: driving Binsar/Nainital-_mg_4165.jpg

Empty forest house, dark night, candle, guitar & 3Musketeers: driving Binsar/Nainital-_mg_4175.jpg

Some spots where we had to take care for not to get bottom scrap!

Empty forest house, dark night, candle, guitar & 3Musketeers: driving Binsar/Nainital-_mg_4178.jpg

Empty forest house, dark night, candle, guitar & 3Musketeers: driving Binsar/Nainital-_mg_4188.jpg

Very soon the road changed it colour, from forest to it’s now opened up to valley with blue sky, and small patch of white cloud playing hide and seek. Also the turns become gentle.

Empty forest house, dark night, candle, guitar & 3Musketeers: driving Binsar/Nainital-_mg_4182.jpg

Empty forest house, dark night, candle, guitar & 3Musketeers: driving Binsar/Nainital-_mg_4186.jpg

Empty forest house, dark night, candle, guitar & 3Musketeers: driving Binsar/Nainital-_mg_4193.jpg

Experimenting long exposure on motion..

Empty forest house, dark night, candle, guitar & 3Musketeers: driving Binsar/Nainital-_mg_4198.jpg

Empty forest house, dark night, candle, guitar & 3Musketeers: driving Binsar/Nainital-_mg_4224.jpg

Empty forest house, dark night, candle, guitar & 3Musketeers: driving Binsar/Nainital-_mg_4229.jpg

Empty forest house, dark night, candle, guitar & 3Musketeers: driving Binsar/Nainital-_mg_4235.jpg

Empty forest house, dark night, candle, guitar & 3Musketeers: driving Binsar/Nainital-_mg_4241.jpg

Empty forest house, dark night, candle, guitar & 3Musketeers: driving Binsar/Nainital-_mg_4243.jpg

Breathtaking view made us pull out of car..
Empty forest house, dark night, candle, guitar & 3Musketeers: driving Binsar/Nainital-_mg_4246.jpg

Lady on the ramp...
Empty forest house, dark night, candle, guitar & 3Musketeers: driving Binsar/Nainital-_mg_4250.jpg

Empty forest house, dark night, candle, guitar & 3Musketeers: driving Binsar/Nainital-_mg_4251.jpg

Purani jeans aur guitar..
Empty forest house, dark night, candle, guitar & 3Musketeers: driving Binsar/Nainital-_mg_4258.jpg

Mesmorising view all over..
Empty forest house, dark night, candle, guitar & 3Musketeers: driving Binsar/Nainital-_mg_4267.jpg

Empty forest house, dark night, candle, guitar & 3Musketeers: driving Binsar/Nainital-_mg_4269.jpg

Empty forest house, dark night, candle, guitar & 3Musketeers: driving Binsar/Nainital-_mg_4272.jpg

At Garampani I found a Indian Oil petrol pump, top up by 1500/-, it should be enough for rest of the journey.

To be continued...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks