Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2011, 19:11   #46
BHPian

Re: Goanomics

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwheelz View Post
Just an off target question. I am taking my car to Goa from Pune .
How is it driving in Goa with you own vehicle? Or renting one is a better option for moving around in Goa?
Is there any issue with vehicles from outside state there? how are parking options around known places like calangute, baga, anjuna beach?
Sorry too many questions

Having driven down to Goa a couple of times, i think its more fun travelling within Goa on a two-wheeler. Thats because its easier to navigate & convenient to park also, because the roads are narrow.
You can hire an Activa almost anywhere in North Goa as it is the Tourist hub. Bargain hard for the bike rental.
Old 6th January 2011, 17:11   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by misguidedmisile View Post
Having driven down to Goa a couple of times, i think its more fun travelling within Goa on a two-wheeler. Thats because its easier to navigate & convenient to park also, because the roads are narrow.
You can hire an Activa almost anywhere in North Goa as it is the Tourist hub. Bargain hard for the bike rental.
I have my wife and 3 year old kid with me hence a little bit worried about the rented bike.
Old 6th January 2011, 17:17   #48
BANNED

@bigwheelz: Take the car. Its safe. Follow rules and have all the papers intact. Park only where there are other cars parked. Once you get to a place park in a convenient safe place and walk around on foot. Nothing is ever too far in most of the places.
Old 6th January 2011, 17:25   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwheelz View Post
Just an off target question. I am taking my car to Goa from Pune .
How is it driving in Goa with you own vehicle? Or renting one is a better option for moving around in Goa?
Is there any issue with vehicles from outside state there? how are parking options around known places like calangute, baga, anjuna beach?
Sorry too many questions
Goan police is the last in India to trouble tourists.

Follow traffic rules and carry your car documents.Parking is not at all a problem in Goa.No high beam in the night unless you drive on highways and no honking unless required.The locals get irritated with honking and will pull you aside to give you a piece of their mind.

Most Viewed