Team-BHP - A cool drive to Lepakshi
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Travelogues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/)
-   -   A cool drive to Lepakshi (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/89264-cool-drive-lepakshi.html)

So finally we decided to go for Lepakshi. Had heard a lot about it. So thought of exploring it. This Sunday we went to that place.

Road:: Road was superb. It is a dream to drive on that NH7. Superbly built and all vehicles were flying at 130-150(not mine, as I was below 100 itself)

Location:: From Hebbal it is straight road and the first stop will be the tollgate at the Andra Pradesh border. Just 4 kms after crossing the border you will get RAXA academy on the left hand side. After this another 500mtrs you will see APDTC office(just a small office) and you can also see lots of trucks on the service road. There are boards showing the way to Lepakshi also. At this junction you have to take a left turn and travel ~16-18 kms to reach Lepakshi.

This road is a state highway and it not so good. Road construction is going on and width of the road is also very small.

Distance:: It is 125kms one way from Banaswadi/Manyata Tech park.

Hotel:: On the way after chikaballapur you get Kamat hotel on the left hand side. Too much rush at any give point of time.

This travelogue will be divided into 4 sections

1) Photos of the surrounding and roads upto Lepakshi
2) Lepakshi temple photos
3) Some interesting photos and info I got for that photo
4) Other photos

I am downloading the photos.

Road and surrounding pics

Welcome back Shishir,
I see you had been missing on the forum after you posted your Matiz's accident thread. So good to see you back. Did you buy a new car in between? How are you doing.
NH7 is fantastic , I have driven it on twice when I came to blr from hyd. Amazing roads. Give us more details, waiting for more pic too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fordmanchau (Post 2077856)
Welcome back Shishir,
I see you had been missing on the forum after you posted your Matiz's accident thread. So good to see you back. Did you buy a new car in between? How are you doing.
NH7 is fantastic , I have driven it on twice when I came to blr from hyd. Amazing roads. Give us more details, waiting for more pic too.

Thanks dude. I was in read only mode. Ya I bought a new vehicle. 90% of people don't like it, but I like that. It is XYLO. I am doing good.

I am downloading the pics. Will post them soon.

Next set of pics shows the Lepakshi temple and its surroundings

Some more of temple snaps

Welcome back Shishir. I was missing your posts. Congrats on your new vehice. A initial owenrship report is much appreciated.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElantraGT (Post 2078019)
Welcome back Shishir. I was missing your posts. Congrats on your new vehice. A initial owenrship report is much appreciated.

Thanks dude. Initial report is on the corner. Just waiting to finish 4k kms.

1)If you observe carefully there are 2 cows and one buffalo.
2)The pillar is taking the whole load of the canopy and 98% of the pillar bottom is not touching the ground
3)There are 144 design in these pillars and none of the designs are repeated. These designs can be seen on many dresses/sarees
4)The foot on the rock is said to be of goddess Sita(that is what I understood when the guide was telling in telgu) and the water will never dry
5)The big plate like thing was used for painting by workers and then in the afternoon they used to clean that and have food in the same thing.

These are the gods which are present at Lepakshi temple

Congrats on your new vehicle; hope the truck you walk into is taking good care of you and vice-versa;

Good that you are traveling a lot too. !! congrats again

Quote:

Originally Posted by raj.barcode (Post 2078168)
Congrats on your new vehicle; hope the truck you walk into is taking good care of you and vice-versa;

Good that you are traveling a lot too. !! congrats again

Thanks Raj. Ya we are taking care of each other very well. Lots of travelling plans are pending and will be executed now.

Welcome back Shishir! Nice log and snaps. Specially of the pillar which is hardly touching the ground and supporting the canopy.
Congrats on the Xylo too :)

Welcome back Shishir.
Congrats on the purchase of the Xylo (more as YOU like it)
How is your son?

Awesome pics. As an alternate route, on your way back you could have tried the Vidurashwatha->Gourabidanur->Makali->Doddaballapur->Yelahanka->Hebbal->Banaswadi route.

Vidurashwatha has an ancient tree that is supposed to date back to the Mahabharatha Age.

The road is not that great near Vidurashwatha ( pot holed ), but reasonably scenic. Near Makali - you can make some postcard shots, where the trains dip into the valley - nice views.