Team-BHP - Chunchanakatte Falls
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Travelogues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/)
-   -   Chunchanakatte Falls (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/89554-chunchanakatte-falls.html)

Chunchanakatte is known for Lord Kodandarama temple and it is situated on the banks of the river Cauvery. The highlight of this place is the water fall besides the temple. It is approximately 200kms from Bangalore and it is near KR Nagar. We keep visiting this place every year as this is our family deity. Here are the few pictures.

Amazing location and the river looks ravishing! First I thought Chunchi is a short form for Chunchanakatte. Research showed me other wise!

Do you ever need to take the Hassan road from Mysore or its closer to KRS dam?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ampere (Post 2084130)
Amazing location and the river looks ravishing! First I thought Chunchi is a short form for Chunchanakatte. Research showed me other wise!

Do you ever need to take the Hassan road from Mysore or its closer to KRS dam?

Yes you need to take the Hassan road, you can either join from Mysore or you can take a deviation from Srirangapatna. Once you reach KR Nagar, you can ask anyone and they will guide you.

Quite a place. Thanks for telling us about it. I suppose the river must be dry during the non-monsoon season? I suppose the falls are on (or off) the Mysore-Hassan highway? How good were the roads?

@hvkumar : There roads are nice if you go from Mysore. If you take a deviation from Srirangapatna, you will have to encounter few rough patches for 10-15kms.

Non monsoon will be pretty dry.

@HVK,

Its the standard Hassan-Mysore road but you need to get out of this very soon.
I am told that road conditions once you are off this road is not good.

Chethan can you cofirm?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ampere (Post 2084330)
@HVK,

Its the standard Hassan-Mysore road but you need to get out of this very soon.
I am told that road conditions once you are off this road is not good.

Chethan can you cofirm?

Once you get off the Hassan-Mysore road at KR Nagar, the roads are not good, but again its hardly 10kms or so, hence its manageable.

One more place added to the weekend jaunt. Very nice place there Chethan.
Thanks for sharing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ampere (Post 2084339)
One more place added to the weekend jaunt. Very nice place there Chethan.
Thanks for sharing.

This is one of the least explored places. Did a search and couldn't find anything and hence thought of sharing.

Nice pictures Chetan. All these years, I have travelled n number of times on the Hassan-Mysore road and still I never knew about this place. Is this the temple which you just before you enter KR Nagar while coming from Hassan?

Quote:

Originally Posted by addyhemmige (Post 2084836)
Nice pictures Chetan. All these years, I have travelled n number of times on the Hassan-Mysore road and still I never knew about this place. Is this the temple which you just before you enter KR Nagar while coming from Hassan?

No, this is not the one you get when you enter KR Nagar. If you are travelling from Hassan to Mysore, you do not have to go till KR Nagar, you need to take a right turn after Berya towards Saligrama, you can ask any villagers there and they will guide you.

Hi Chethan,

Nice travelogue. The place looks really cool and pics are awesome as well. Never been to this place though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sami316 (Post 2086783)
Hi Chethan,

Nice travelogue. The place looks really cool and pics are awesome as well. Never been to this place though.

Am happy that most of you liked the place. It is really worth a visit.

Yeah and the pictures seem inviting. Thanks for sharing. Wouldn't mind a visit on some weekend.