Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2005, 11:27   #1
Senior - BHPian

Uploaded Trip Logs

Hai BHPiana,

I have this driving urge to share my trip logs with fellow-road-heads........ I have been tossing and turning to find a way to do that, checked out a copule of options and loaded into another place at geocities. The link in the post below will open the sheet.

Hope this works.......

-------- Ramky.

Last edited by Rehaan : 8th December 2005 at 03:35.
Old 7th December 2005, 17:55   #2
Senior - BHPian

One More Try

Hai Bhpians,

I have given it one more try by uploading it into geocities. Hope this works. My earlier post got more than 90 views for a dead link, hope this link works and will pay back the time u have invested ........

Till then,

-- Ramky

----------------
Old 7th December 2005, 19:06   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkya1
[left]
I have given it one more try by uploading it into geocities. Hope this works.
Link works OK... thanks.
Your logs are good... You have taken a lot of effort to note down all the details.
Old 8th December 2005, 22:39   #4
BHPian

Sounds great.. Jus wondering how much did u spend on Fuel.. Also.. what vehicle were u driving ?
Old 9th December 2005, 10:57   #5
Senior - BHPian

Fusion And Fuel

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoranjit
Sounds great.. Jus wondering how much did u spend on Fuel.. Also.. what vehicle were u driving ?

More details on the car, fuel and my observations:

I drove a fusion, burned 329 ltrs of petrol for 4752 kms; gives you 14.44 kms/ltr. (ppl + luggage load about 320 kgs with a/c on 80 % times) 50% was ghat roads; I think its possible to tweak the milage above 15 if ones drives below 100 kmph and on 5th gear.

+ve points of the Fusion: Generally excellent handling and stability of curves, good breaking. It feels safer to drive on pot holed roads or when you are driven/ pushed off the road by oncoming traffic. No rattles, nice sound-proofing. Great, bright headlights and fog lamps. Very good steering respons specially on ghat roads. Good grunt (above 2k rpm) on ghat roads, rarely had to use the 1st gear. Fentastic on the highway, nudge the right pedal and you can overtake amlost anything on the highway. A/c excellent.

Cautions on the Car: One shold know about the fuse boxes behind the front L side glove compartment. The central locking and power windows went dead 2/3 times. Had to get it checked up at Cochin and Mysroe, the fuses tear loose on bad roads. Afte that every time I had a problem with dead electricals, I pushed the fuses back into place and everything worked. The front tubeless tyres bleed out more air on curvy roads, had to fill it every 600 Kms, the back was constant at 40 throughout. On rough roads the ride ais a little rough due to the stiff shockers and a little rolling; as u pick up speed above 40 that smoothens out. Below the 2k mark rpm its flat and sluggish, need to keep it revved up or shift down.

-- Ramky.

------------------

Old 9th December 2005, 11:13   #6
Senior - BHPian

hey ramkya,

heheh finally u did manage to upload your log...congrats. ..that was great...and am sure it will be helful for many of us...
Old 9th December 2005, 12:37   #7
BHPian

Hay ramkya1,

Brilliant. Very detailed. Gives me an Idea for my next trip (as long as wifey dear is willing to tap-in the details on the Ipaq screen )

Cheers

Most Viewed