Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2015, 14:28   #31
BHPian

Re: Howling Winds and a Hunting Lodge – A Sojourn at Siruvani Pattiar Bungalow

Agree with Pranjal, for this time of the year the water level looks very low(assuming the visit happened recently). Could be great if readers get more details with regards to access to this place and the permissions needed. Also, post more pictures of your visit if available.
Old 18th July 2015, 19:56   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallumowgli View Post
If you know how to try - it is always open. Even when I said it is closed, there was enough clues to say that through the right channels it is possible Anyway, how did you get through?

Those are wonderful snaps. For us that was the best jungle stay we have ever had - everything else is bench marked against this

mpksuhas : if you are reading this...are you game?
It indeed is one of the best jungle stay in Kerala.

To get through was a mess though. I tried for a week with the CF, numerous Ex.DFOs and at the end had to seek political help! At present that is only channel, unless you know some influential forest officers in that area.

We were lucky enough to do a night safari as well. A self driven one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkatt1800 View Post
Agree with Pranjal, for this time of the year the water level looks very low(assuming the visit happened recently). Could be great if readers get more details with regards to access to this place and the permissions needed. Also, post more pictures of your visit if available.
There should be more snaps with my brothers, I will see if there's anything different than what have been posted.

For the access, you have to get it done via DFO, Mannarkad division. Not easy at all, I just felt they don't want this place to be opened to public. Hats off to their team anyway, they have kept the whole route pretty clean and as natural it could get.

That said, try your luck through the regular channel and if that doesn't work try to find some influential link.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 22nd July 2015 at 13:45. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please edit your post within the 30 minute edit window to add/edit your posts.

Most Viewed