Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2010, 16:34   #91
BHPian

Re: From"Aadab & Bagunnava" Land to Land of "Khammaghani"(Hyd to Rajasthan by M800)

Amazing trip you had boss.. And great narration!!

Even I am doing a trip to Rajasthan starting 26th Jan. There are so many things in common between your trip and the mine. I would be starting from Pune in my humble Alto (800cc) and doing the trip with my wife and 2 yr old daughter!

It seems you missed AHD-Jaisalmer log, instead copied the Mum-Ahd again. Please share. Will be starting a new thread for my trip as well, will expect your valuable inputs there..
Old 24th December 2010, 22:40   #92
Senior - BHPian

Re: From"Aadab & Bagunnava" Land to Land of "Khammaghani"(Hyd to Rajasthan by M800)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclops View Post
Amazing trip you had boss.. And great narration!!

Even I am doing a trip to Rajasthan starting 26th Jan. There are so many things in common between your trip and the mine. I would be starting from Pune in my humble Alto (800cc) and doing the trip with my wife and 2 yr old daughter!

It seems you missed AHD-Jaisalmer log, instead copied the Mum-Ahd again. Please share. Will be starting a new thread for my trip as well, will expect your valuable inputs there..
All the best for your trip.Feel free to ask about anything if you need!Shall upload the correct log shortly.
Old 24th December 2010, 23:54   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
All the best for your trip.Feel free to ask about anything if you need!Shall upload the correct log shortly.
Thanks man. I have started a thread here. Your inputs would be appreciated.
Old 8th March 2011, 16:52   #94
BHPian

Ranjit - I felt as if I am actually on a trip as I read through the entire travel log. Fantastic narration and very detailed. Thanks a lot.

I am planning a similar trip in this off season(around the same time as yours) from Hyd to Rajasthan in my Scorpio with my wifey, 5yr old and 1 yr old. The route will be almost similar to yours. It is going to be a 19 day trip with the last 7 days in Jodhpur and 2 days to drive back to Hyderabad.

Will work on the first 10 days routing so that I land up in Jodhpur on the 10th day. Getting Ajit Bhawan for a week through RCI and want to stay and experience before driving back to Hyd.

You have stayed at some exotic places. Can you please pass me the rates of the same? Hopefully I too can get them at some discounted rates.

Also, it would be great if you can let me know the car hire rates whereever you hired from hotel. As I too am with infants, will repeat what you did

The information from you will help me preparing for the right budget for the trip
Old 10th March 2011, 11:40   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabingade View Post
Ranjit - I felt as if I am actually on a trip as I read through the entire travel log. Fantastic narration and very detailed. Thanks a lot.

I am planning a similar trip in this off season(around the same time as yours) from Hyd to Rajasthan in my Scorpio with my wifey, 5yr old and 1 yr old. The route will be almost similar to yours. It is going to be a 19 day trip with the last 7 days in Jodhpur and 2 days to drive back to Hyderabad.

Will work on the first 10 days routing so that I land up in Jodhpur on the 10th day. Getting Ajit Bhawan for a week through RCI and want to stay and experience before driving back to Hyd.

You have stayed at some exotic places. Can you please pass me the rates of the same? Hopefully I too can get them at some discounted rates.

Also, it would be great if you can let me know the car hire rates whereever you hired from hotel. As I too am with infants, will repeat what you did

The information from you will help me preparing for the right budget for the trip
Thanx Prabin.Well Ajit Bhawan,is a good place(not sure what prices you are getting them for,but service is a bit iffy there,and is a pale imitation of the original Umaid Bhawan)As for my rates,it was something like this if i remember correctly:

Suryagarh in Jaisalmer was 11k for 2nights.(Suryagarh - Boutique Luxury Hotel in Jaisalmer, Rajasthan | India Luxury Hotels)
Taj in Jodhpur has the monsoon offers during those months,which means it was 10k for 3nights(b/f & lunch)
Sheraton Four Points in Jaipur was again 6k for 2 nights(b/f)
Leela in Udaipur was 7k per night with b/f and dinner.
The AMD hotels costed me around 2k per night (Country Inn by Carlson)

IMO,if you have the budget,then use that up to stay in the leela.Feel free to pm me in case you have any more queries.
Old 20th February 2012, 22:27   #96
BHPian

Fantabulous. Excellent travelogue. This kind of a trip requires passion and grit which not many would understand.

Just last week when I told my wife that one of my colleage managers is getting engaged in Jaipur. How about a Rajasthan and Agra trip in our new Vista. We too have a 6 yr old daughter and 15 month old son.

She started laughing and said that mom and dad will kick us out from the house. It does not matter if they are 800 kms away (Mom and Dad are very concerned about Highway safety).

Here is the route that I chalked out and spoke to my wife about:

Hyd-Indore-Ujjain-Udaipur-Mt.Abu-Jaisalmer-Jodhpur-Ajmer(pushkar)-Jaipur-Mathura-Agra-Hyd(viajabalpur and Nagpur).

All in all it came to 4062 kms. However the plan was never supported by the Home and Finance ministry. Had it been, I would now be enjoying the Rajasthan Royalty.

Nevertheless, will again try in Sep-Oct. BTW lets meet up sometime. I stay in Ameerpet. Please PM me your details
Old 21st February 2012, 22:14   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravdgr8 View Post

Just last week when I told my wife that one of my colleage managers is getting engaged in Jaipur. How about a Rajasthan and Agra trip in our new Vista. We too have a 6 yr old daughter and 15 month old son.

Here is the route that I chalked out and spoke to my wife about:

Nevertheless, will again try in Sep-Oct. BTW lets meet up sometime. I stay in Ameerpet. Please PM me your details
Thanks Gaurav.You should do your drive some time.It would be worth all the experience.Just pmed you my details.
Old 12th February 2013, 14:03   #98
BHPian

Hi Ranjit
Lovely reading of your trip to Rajasthan. Iam looking to do a drive thru Rajasthan from Hyderabd for about 10days. Do let know any useful tips or info .
Old 12th February 2013, 14:16   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadi Bhote
Hi Ranjit
Lovely reading of your trip to Rajasthan. Iam looking to do a drive thru Rajasthan from Hyderabd for about 10days. Do let know any useful tips or info .
Thanks.Let me know your drive plan and I could advise accordingly.
Old 10th June 2013, 14:40   #100
BHPian

Hi Ranjit,
Stumbled upon your thread in my search for Tanot.

i am reading this thread in 2013 but boy what a trip.
You deserve special kudos for doing this trip in the humble M800. Most would not agree on M800 for a Long haul trip, not in this time & age. we have owned one ourselves since 1991 and it is still running with an engine remake some years back.

My plan here is for an impromptu Delhi - Tanot - Delhi run with friends this weekend, leaving Friday afternoon and be back in delhi late sunday night. It's gonna be long hours at the wheel with me doing most of the driving. There are no plans for any sightseeing. Just hope to reach nearest to the border within least possible time.

Route i am taking is the conventional;
Delhi - jaipur - Ajmer - Beawar - Jodhpur - Jaisalmer - Tanot. 1000km one way, i'm guessing will take 14 -15 hrs.
On the return leg i want to come via bikaner but not sure yet.

Stay Saturday night at Jaisalmer and leave next morning for delhi. Suryagarh seems like a nice choice hope to check it out and expecting some off season discounts.

I have a couple of quick queries on this thread;
What i gather is that we can head for Tanot without any Govt. roadblock and Longewala is not possible. Any info. if the situation has changed in 2013?

Did you encounter any severe dust storms or the car/Air filter had any trouble
with the dust. Any precautions one should take.

Any ideas on Breakfast/ rest stops from Jodhpur onwards or near jaisalmer as we arrive their next morning and head straight for Tanot.

How's the network connectivity after jaisalmer.

Is there any way to bypass the Ajmer railway crossing, We will be hitting ajmer late Friday night and expect this to be the only roadblock.

Hope to complete this trip and live to tell it. So bless me God.
Old 10th June 2013, 15:40   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavrikm5 View Post
Delhi - jaipur - Ajmer - Beawar - Jodhpur - Jaisalmer - Tanot. 1000km one way, i'm guessing will take 14 -15 hrs.[/b]
Del Jai: 5-6hrs (anybody's guess what would be time taken thanks to all those diversions in place)

Jai bypass-Ajmer:2.5hrs-3hrs

Ajmer-Jodhpur:3hrs

Jodhpur-Jaisalmer:4hrs

Quote:
Stay Saturday night at Jaisalmer and leave next morning for delhi. Suryagarh seems like a nice choice hope to check it out and expecting some off season discounts.
All the best with the discounts.The Taj Gateway Rawalkot is also a nice place to stay and cheaper than Suryagarh.You would find it to your left as you approach Jaisalmer.

Quote:
What i gather is that we can head for Tanot without any Govt. roadblock and Longewala is not possible. Any info. if the situation has changed in 2013?
Some people have managed to go upto Longewala in the past.It purely depends on the situation on the given day and the BSF people posted at Tanot on that day.As per rule beyond Tanot is no access for civilians but then again that is left to the discretion of the personnel there.Carry ID cards and at times you are asked to leave the ID cards at Tanot and proceed further.

Quote:
Did you encounter any severe dust storms or the car/Air filter had any trouble
with the dust. Any precautions one should take.
Yes we ran into some real scary storms between Jaisalmer and Tanot.Luckily no problems with the airfilter.All that we did was stop the car and wait for the storm to pass.Also bear in mind to go slow over the sand mounds accumulated on the road with the wind blowing the sand onto the road.At times the tyres just get stuck in those mounds.

Quote:
Any ideas on Breakfast/ rest stops from Jodhpur onwards or near jaisalmer as we arrive their next morning and head straight for Tanot.
Jodhpur-Jaisalmer is a short drive (4hrs).We did not stop anywhere,but there were plenty of places to eat(dont expect washrooms and the works)at Dechu,Pokharan.Ideally you could drive straight into some of the bigger hotels in Jodhpur and use their washrooms after ordering some coffee or breakfast(good clean washrooms )

Quote:
How's the network connectivity after jaisalmer
No mobile connectivity post jaisalmer and neither is there any fuel post jaisalmer.So be sure you have fuel to cover atleast 300kms (130kms one way)

Quote:
Is there any way to bypass the Ajmer railway crossing, We will be hitting ajmer late Friday night and expect this to be the only roadblock.
The only way to do it is to drive on NH79A after the GVK Toll gate-which means do not proceed on NH8 towards Ajmer after the GVK toll,instead take a left towards Bhilwara.Keep on the NH79A till Nasirabad and at Nasirabad,take a right to connect to the NH8 after Ajmer and before Beawar.This is the route we took https://www.google.co.in/maps?saddr=...a=2,3&t=m&z=12

Yes there was a gate on this route as well near the Nasirabad Rly stn and this route passes through the Nasirabad Cantt,but there was no noticeable traffic anywhere.
Old 11th June 2013, 10:44   #102
BHPian

Thanks for the quick reply Ranjit. appreciate it.
Old 24th March 2014, 00:55   #103
BHPian

Beautiful write-up Ranjit. It has definitely left me in awe. A 4000 odd km trip in an 800 with a toddler in tow.

I stumbled upon this thread by chance and boy am I glad I did. It truly is inspiring. You are a true Bhpian to the core.
laferrari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2016, 15:08   #104
BHPian

I am planning a Road trip to RJ and as usual T-BHP is the first place we land up for planning, Searched for T-logs on RJ and stumbled across this thread.

A very well written piece with crisp information for planners. Apt number of pictures to go with the storyline. Kudos mate !

I have taken notes from your travelogue, although its has been 6 years now and i assume most of the dug up/under construction roads would be up & running by now.

Last edited by ashishmathur14 : 2nd August 2016 at 15:09.
Old 2nd August 2016, 15:17   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishmathur14 View Post
I am planning a Road trip to RJ and as usual T-BHP is the first place we land up for planning, Searched for T-logs on RJ and stumbled across this thread.

A very well written piece with crisp information for planners. Apt number of pictures to go with the storyline. Kudos mate !

I have taken notes from your travelogue, although its has been 6 years now and i assume most of the dug up/under construction roads would be up & running by now.
Thanks!

Yes all the roads are in supreme condition now.You shouldnt be facing any problems on any sections any more.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks