Team-BHP - Sailor heads to land ruled by Maganlal Chikki, Missal pav and vada Pav!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Travelogues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/)
-   -   Sailor heads to land ruled by Maganlal Chikki, Missal pav and vada Pav! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/90043-sailor-heads-land-ruled-maganlal-chikki-missal-pav-vada-pav.html)

So my hands were itching! We have had our pre worshipped Civic for close to 3 days and the longest drive we've had was 20 KM's and that too from Secunderabad to Gachibowli! My office is merely 5 KM from house and I cycle to work many a times... and that perhaps explained as to why my hands were itching to get some more of Civic!

Finally after long discussions with friends and family we chose Lonavala over Dandeli and we headed off to Hyderabad - Pune - Lonavala! The start was very bad! We started pretty late 08:00 and almost immediately encountered traffic jam at the underpass at Lingampally. We turned around and took another route to the highway and lord behold the railway crossing was closed! By then we had lost 1 hour. Then came the horrible 2 -3 KM long traffic jam opposite ICRISAT! We almost gave up and wanted to turn around and go back home. But my elder son, kept egging me with repeated renditions of "Aati kyaa khandala"!

Finally we crossed the first Toll (right after ICRISAT) at 10:30. Hyderabad - Sangareddy is a fairly decent road/ There were some sections with potholes but otherwise OK.
Sangareddy - Solapur : We encountered rough patches at many places. Unfortunately the rough patches dotted the outer left side of the road, forcing the traffic to come to the centre of road and effectively made this two lane a single lane HW

We reached Solapur at around 15:45 hrs.
Solapur - Indapur was in great shape and gave a lot of confidence that we can make to Pune in 4 hrs or so. However our joy was short lived. Indapur-Yavat:The road was in pretty bad shape, with dusk setting in and lots on incoming traffic, we had to slow down till we reach Yavat.
Yavat-Hadapsar: This section allowed us to revv up and by the time we reached the city it was already 21:00 and we did miss the rush city traffic. Finally we reached my friends place at 21:30

Next morning we started off to Lonavala and checked in at Salil Sarovar. First day we went out to see the Bhushi dam. Kids just freaked out to see that the dam is overflowing and revelled themselves in the the water cascading down the stairs. Route to the top of stairs was pretty slippery and we slipped several times and we kept going till we reached the top!

Wow !! Great pics !

Tell me one thing - you got a bit wet, you dried and then sat in your car ? :D I wouldn't have allowed a single drop spoil the ulphostery.

More pics needed please.

Hi Sailor,

Nice narration and nice pics. How many kms did you cover for the trip?

BTW did you have the chikki, misal and vadapav?

Keep the pics coming. I can atleast relive the days (teens) when I used to frequent the Bushi Dam with my friends.

You must have had an awesome time. Really nice narration and the pictures are also great.

Thanks all,

@vkochar: We did took sometime to come down, had a cuppa and also lots of fresh bhutta, so by the time we reached back to car, we were fairly dry.

@ghodlur: Thanks. We carried a pretty huge stock of all different types of chikki's. And yes Vada pav and misal pav did set our bellies to fire for a couple of days!

@chethan: Thanks

BTW we embark on our next trip tomorrow early AM.
Hyderabad - Nagpur (2 nights) - Pachgarhi (2 nights) - Jabalpur - Maihar (1 night) - Varanasi (1 night) - Lucknow!
Return journey yet to be planned.

Roadies all set to discover Incredible India!