Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2010, 16:39   #16
Senior - BHPian

I stayed in Dun for almost 2 years and I must say the cosy comfort of a small town has changed over the years. Its now a State Capital and that is taking toll on the town's culture. I so dream of the peaceful FRI and opposite to that the peaceful Vasant Kunj :-)

Sorry to interrupt the flow. But a question poped in mind, why i10 and not Figo TDCi? Are you not a happy Ford customer?

A nice way to break-in the car ;D
Old 11th October 2010, 16:55   #17
BHPian

Sn1p3r,

As far as DD is concerned, I agree with you. It is now a retiree's haven for the ex-army crowd. I was surprised once when we reached DD couple of years ago, we could see road signs pointing towards "Sachivalaya". Urbanisation? The of picnic spots in and around DD are associated with some beautiful childhood memories.

As a kid, I remember people lobbying against unrestricted limestone quarrying which eroded the natural flora and fauna.

FRI and the associated bamboo plantations are a landmark in their own right.

We already have 2 Fords in the house : an Ikon and a Fiesta. Still wanted to stick to the Hyundai brand as an ex-employee of Hyundai Corporation.

On a more serious note, my husband simply admires the Hyundai hatches and he is the person who is using this car.

SM
Old 11th October 2010, 17:19   #18
Senior - BHPian

^Thanks for the prompt reply.

I lived next to FRI and remember the days jogging with the new IMA recruits in FRI campus. Now every road is clogged to the core and its only at night that you can enjoy some peace. The stone quarries case is still under litigation and to my knowledge were still operational.

We await your posts; interesting read.

Cheers!
Old 11th October 2010, 18:20   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugeeta View Post
@ElantraGT : I'm truly surprised. You should be a forecaster / predictor!!

Good guess. Yes. I am in the Human Resources side of management.

SM
In any problematic scenario, where a chance of victory is very less the HR tends to attack the weakest link. Thats why I guessed you to be from HR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
lol, its also mentioned in your profile.
Quote:
@ Sammyboy : checked. It is indeed mentioned in my profile.
seriously I didnt look in to her profile. checked it after your message and yes its mentioned as HR Head.
Old 11th October 2010, 18:37   #20
BHPian

[quote=ElantraGT;2101991]In any problematic scenario, where a chance of victory is very less the HR tends to attack the weakest link. Thats why I guessed you to be from HR.

ElantraGT : I am still responsible for a BU. Company uses tech background folks in business HR areas as a policy.

And well, company rules go out of the window if you attempt to use them at home. If married, you would have faced the music firsthand.

I personally would like to keep the flavour of the TL on a cordial note. I just cannot do a techy vs. HR role here - I fall into both categories.

Cheers
SM

Last edited by Sugeeta : 11th October 2010 at 18:39.
Old 11th October 2010, 18:49   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Lovely start to the TL.

I just love the stress attributed to sleep and the dedication of an entire picture,just to second the sleep deprived syndrome!!Lovely indeed.

Looking forward to the TLogue.
ranjitp1, thanks for liking the TL. Would have liked to post it in one go.

The SBS, as we call it jokingly is not that bad. However, hubby lets us enjoy some humor at his expense.

SM
Old 11th October 2010, 18:58   #22
Senior - BHPian

Hey, this is a very interesting narrative...

Quote:
However, what I like about this place is the good collection of flowers, clean washrooms and a fairly good collection of food and beverages
...and the above is a totally different take from the normal travelogue writers, if you know what I mean (risking being called an MCP here )

Quote:
1. The Sleep Backlog Syndrome
Ah, thats bliss!!
Old 11th October 2010, 19:08   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallumowgli View Post
Hey, this is a very interesting narrative...

...and the above is a totally different take from the normal travelogue writers, if you know what I mean (risking being called an MCP here )

Ah, thats bliss!!

mallumowgli : I agree the service gets bad during rushhours during the daytime & afternoons, when the bus routes are plying at a peak. Incidentally, there are 2 Cheetals in close proximity.
Old 11th October 2010, 19:11   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
. I so dream of the peaceful FRI and opposite to that the peaceful Vasant Kunj :-)
I guess you mean Vasant Vihar , thats where I stay.

Enjoying the updates Sugeeta, after being so used to EMIs its fun reading them in installments as well
As kids my favourite part of the Doon- Del trip used to be stopping at Old Cheetal. The same guys who had the contract there opened the new Cheetal (CHeetal Grand)and the taste of Paneer Pakodas and Chicken sandwich is still the same.

Even now there is no other place I ever stop to eat at while doing that stretch. (between 8am - 8pm that is, it is only open during those hours).

@ElantraGT - Point taken :P , good use of logic :-)

Last edited by sammyboy : 11th October 2010 at 19:17.
Old 11th October 2010, 19:34   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
mallumowgli : I agree the service gets bad during rushhours during the daytime & afternoons, when the bus routes are plying at a peak. Incidentally, there are 2 Cheetals in close proximity.
No I was not talking about whether the washrooms were clean or not - but your giving priority to these and as well as the flowers.

Check the other travelogues - the people would be talking more about the tast of the kebabs served there rather than the cleanliness of the washrooms!! Only after the stomach is full comes the flowers and stuff!! OK, enough of my analysis. Lets get on with the wonderful report...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks