Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2010, 11:02   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kala View Post
One particular portion just after Ponkuzhi (before Muthanga when you're travelling from Bangalore) has a huge crater that covers the entire width of the road and is totally filled with water, so you don't know how deep it is till you get into it.
I think this is the place where the Honda City got stuck.
Old 12th November 2010, 10:58   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kala View Post
Actually my query was directed at Gadadhar who appeared to have driven via Kattikkulam-Tholpetty-Hunsur (presumably through Kutta).

I'm very familiar with the Bathery route since I drive to Kalpetta at least once (sometimes twice) every month and generally take that route. Just wanted to keep track of how good the other alternatives routes are.

Just got back today from one of these Wayanad trips and found that the stretch from Kerala border to Bathery has deteriorated considerably in the rains. One particular portion just after Ponkuzhi (before Muthanga when you're travelling from Bangalore) has a huge crater that covers the entire width of the road and is totally filled with water, so you don't know how deep it is till you get into it.

Want to try the Hunsur-Nagarahole route as well as the HD Kote-Bavali routes on my trips next month, just in case they are better. Will update here on the conditions when I travel.
Nagerhole -> Kutta -> Kattiukulam route is in a very good shape, bad patch after Kutta is repaired.. I think the HD Kottey road is done , we drove till the checkpost during night and the road was newly done and excellent but it is better to confirm before you take that road.
Old 15th November 2010, 11:46   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
Nagerhole -> Kutta -> Kattiukulam route is in a very good shape, bad patch after Kutta is repaired.. I think the HD Kottey road is done , we drove till the checkpost during night and the road was newly done and excellent but it is better to confirm before you take that road.
Thanks Gadadhar. I tried out both those routes (the one via Nagarahole, and the one via HDKote/Bavali) last weekend. have reported my experiences about the road conditions here :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post2140279
Old 23rd November 2010, 11:13   #19
Senior - BHPian

Thanks kala. Need to try the hd kottey route soon

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks