Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2010, 18:31   #1
BHPian

Celebrating fatherhood..and a drive to remember

Last year sometime in March, me and couple of my friends went on a road trip to Bhadrachalam to attend a friends wedding. After a mandatory visit to the temple and attending the wedding our next plan was to go for the enchanting boat ride through papikondalu hills, after the boat ride drive to Maredumilli forest, spend a day and drive back to Hyderabad the next day

As luck would have it, we were late for the boat trip, my friend had an emergency at home, disappointed we had to call off the plans and drive down to Hyd the same day.

Fast forward Sept 2010.

Sept 14th , 7: 35 am..

I am shivering all over.. I can hear my wife screaming in pain, I was having a panic attack..the doctors were running in and out of the OP.. finally at 7: 35 am the doctor came out of the OP holding my beautiful little daughter “Dhvani”

Well..this is a travelogue and why am I sharing my fatherhood experience here ? with fatherhood, few privileges that most organization offer is a mandatory paid leave of 5 working days. So I decided to avail those leaves in the last week of Sept.

With Both the mother and baby at Sasuraal for another 2 months, this was the best possible opportunity to set the travel plans rolling and make use of this opportunity to visit the places that I missed on my last trip to Bhadrachalam.
Attached Thumbnails
Celebrating fatherhood..and a drive to remember-fieldsas.gif  

Celebrating fatherhood..and a drive to remember-fields.gif  

Celebrating fatherhood..and a drive to remember-corn.gif  

Celebrating fatherhood..and a drive to remember-river.gif  

Old 19th October 2010, 18:37   #2
BHPian

First congrats to you on becoming a proud father . The teaser photos are nice. On a lighter note - Do they dry the corn on the road?? Is this what we get as american corn in our office premises?
Old 19th October 2010, 19:05   #3
BHPian

First of all, hearty congratulations buddy! papikondalu is a place i had planned to cover sometime back but never been able to make it and i am eagerly waiting to see what this place looks like.
Ealantra, most the dried corn goes into making the corn flour (Wheikfield?) that we get in our supermarkets
Old 19th October 2010, 19:17   #4
MX6
Senior - BHPian

congrats buddy. nice name dhvani. and e-t stole the words off my mouth regarding papikondalu. I also want to visit bhadrachalam more due to the famous ramadas.
welcome to the parents club.
Old 19th October 2010, 19:21   #5
BHPian

Hi Satan (once a satan, always a satan!!)
Congrats on your becoming a father and I must say, its the best feeling I have ever had, though I am forced to tell my wife that the best feeling was getting married!!!???

Good start to the travelogue. Keep it going.

Subs
Old 19th October 2010, 20:17   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElantraGT View Post
First congrats to you on becoming a proud father . The teaser photos are nice. On a lighter note - Do they dry the corn on the road?? Is this what we get as american corn in our office premises?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeTorque View Post
First of all, hearty congratulations buddy! papikondalu is a place i had planned to cover sometime back but never been able to make it and i am eagerly waiting to see what this place looks like.
Ealantra, most the dried corn goes into making the corn flour (Wheikfield?) that we get in our supermarkets
Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
congrats buddy. nice name dhvani. and e-t stole the words off my mouth regarding papikondalu. I also want to visit bhadrachalam more due to the famous ramadas.
welcome to the parents club.
Quote:
Originally Posted by subs View Post
Hi Satan (once a satan, always a satan!!)
Congrats on your becoming a father and I must say, its the best feeling I have ever had, though I am forced to tell my wife that the best feeling was getting married!!!???

Good start to the travelogue. Keep it going.

Subs

ElantraGT, ET, MX6, Subs.. thanks all for your wishes..

ElantraGT.. The villagers on the stretch from Yellandu to warangal made good use of the road and the dry weather conditions to dry their corn produce. They also had some machinery which peeled off the corn right from the stem..
very interesting method..

ET and MX6.. sorry to disappoint you both..though Paapikondalu was on the itinerary, had to skip it due to some unavoidable circumstances.. Maredumilli though was equally beautiful and enchanting

@subs.. cant agree more with you on that comment..
Old 19th October 2010, 20:18   #7
BHPian

Congratulations.. welcome to the club. Excellent start to the travelogue and good photos. Eagerly awaiting the travelogue and photos. I heard that Godavari river is full and it should have been a great ride on the boat.
Old 19th October 2010, 20:23   #8
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on becoming father. I think its your first baby. Daughters are delight. I too was blessed with another daughter 5 days back.

Lets see how you utilised your paternity leave. The start is nice.
Old 19th October 2010, 20:44   #9
BHPian

Hyderabad-Bhadrachalam- Maredumiili

28th Sept 9:00 am

Hyd- Bhadrachalam- Maredumilli
Vehicle- Innova
NH 9 Vijaywada route- Surya pet- Khammam- Kothagudem- Bhadrachalam

My advice. avoid this route. It’s almost a single lane road until Suryapet. The APSRTC buses plying between Vijaywada & Hyderabad and the trucks try their best to run you off the road. Best bet is to take the alternate route from Warangal- Mahboobabad- Yellandu- Kothagudem and Bhadrachalam. Though this route is longer and adds up another 30 odd kms, its safe and lot better than the NH9 route.

Reached Bhadrachalam by 6 pm and decided to halt for the night and start early for Maredumilli the next day.

The route from Bhadrachalam to Maredumili is enchanting. lush green paddy fields, tall coconut trees and small villages along the 120 kms stretch refresh& rejuvenate your senses. The last 30 odd kms is a ghat section through dense forest.

The recent rains have taken a toll on these roads, we came across many landslides on these ghats, as this route is not preferred by many there was minimal traffic and it was easy to negotiate the sharp turns and the landslides.
Attached Thumbnails
Celebrating fatherhood..and a drive to remember-slide1.gif  

Celebrating fatherhood..and a drive to remember-slide2.gif  

Celebrating fatherhood..and a drive to remember-slide5.gif  

Celebrating fatherhood..and a drive to remember-slide4.gif  

Celebrating fatherhood..and a drive to remember-slide6.gif  

Old 19th October 2010, 20:50   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaureanBull View Post
Congratulations on becoming father. I think its your first baby. Daughters are delight. I too was blessed with another daughter 5 days back.

Lets see how you utilised your paternity leave. The start is nice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by venki.bala View Post
Congratulations.. welcome to the club. Excellent start to the travelogue and good photos. Eagerly awaiting the travelogue and photos. I heard that Godavari river is full and it should have been a great ride on the boat.
Cogratulations to you too Taureanbull..yes.. I am a first time father and so far has been the best experience in my life..

Thanks Venki.bala.. yes. the Godavari was in full flow.. sad that we couldn't make it to the papikondalu ride..
Old 19th October 2010, 21:40   #11
Senior - BHPian

Firstly congrats on the bundle of joy. May the lord bestow upon her all the happiness in the world.

Nice way to utilize the holidays,eh? :P. The corn looks yummy, I am salivating

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks