Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2010, 11:55   #61
Senior - BHPian

Pictures as we enter the third level of assent by the Rota air which rotates 360degrees.
On arrival we were pleased to see our bollywood hero photographs
Attached Thumbnails
A trip to France Swiss alps and Frankfurt(Germany)-dsc00091.jpg  

A trip to France Swiss alps and Frankfurt(Germany)-28092010315.jpg  

A trip to France Swiss alps and Frankfurt(Germany)-28092010319.jpg  

A trip to France Swiss alps and Frankfurt(Germany)-28092010322.jpg  

A trip to France Swiss alps and Frankfurt(Germany)-28092010323.jpg  

A trip to France Swiss alps and Frankfurt(Germany)-28092010324.jpg  

A trip to France Swiss alps and Frankfurt(Germany)-28092010325.jpg  

A trip to France Swiss alps and Frankfurt(Germany)-28092010326.jpg  

A trip to France Swiss alps and Frankfurt(Germany)-dsc00094.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 29th October 2010, 12:34   #62
Senior - BHPian

Excellent log with beautiful breathtaking pics. Love places with so much natural beauty, be it Swizz or Norway or our own Himalayas. Gives such a fresh feeling.

Also can you shed some light on the type of Eurail pass you took? The cost, the duration etc etc? Is reservation required before boarding a train or just validation is enough? Also I believe that even though you have these passes you need to pay some surcharge for some train, how cost affective a pass is in that scenario?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaureanBull View Post
Did you try food in Indian restaurants? I know its silly to eat Indian food outside which you do everyday when you have other varieties. But just want to know taste wise. Here what I find is pathetic and a total rip off.
You wont believe there are Indians who cant have anything else but Indian food abroad. We had lots of cases of Indian passengers coming on our cruise liner and requesting, well rather demanding, only for Indian food during the duration of their stay. Hence these Indian restaurant's crop up at places frequented by Indians. And I believe Switzerland is on high priority with Indians travelling.
Old 29th October 2010, 13:05   #63
Senior - BHPian

I was about to ask "Kanchi" on the pic 28092010236 & you've answered already
Quote:
Originally Posted by A350XWB View Post
They charge you a handsome amount and the food is nothing to write home about.
Why is that? Do you think its less spicy & has less salt or something like that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by A350XWB View Post
From my personal experience, I can tell you that Germany is a must visit place in Europe. Its unique in many ways, especially southern Germany.
Boy!!! you're injecting petrol for the fire inside me!!! Infact, all the pics posted by gajadonga is very tempting for a visit.

Last edited by aargee : 29th October 2010 at 13:08.
Old 29th October 2010, 14:24   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deky View Post
Excellent log with beautiful breathtaking pics. Love places with so much natural beauty, be it Swizz or Norway or our own Himalayas. Gives such a fresh feeling.

Also can you shed some light on the type of Eurail pass you took? The cost, the duration etc etc? Is reservation required before boarding a train or just validation is enough? Also I believe that even though you have these passes you need to pay some surcharge for some train, how cost affective a pass is in that scenario?

You wont believe there are Indians who cant have anything else but Indian food abroad. We had lots of cases of Indian passengers coming on our cruise liner and requesting, well rather demanding, only for Indian food during the duration of their stay. Hence these Indian restaurant's crop up at places frequented by Indians. And I believe Switzerland is on high priority with Indians travelling.
deky Eurorail passes are good.
You can choose from one country travel to many countries within Europe.It all depends on how you plan your travel and how frequently in a day.
You can choose how many days the pass can be Valid.
When you take the pass the first day of your travel you should validate the pass.
Subsequent date of travel has to be mentioned by you on the rail pass on the day of travel before you board the train
For long distance trains especially TGV and ICE you might need to reserve you pass in case you are travelling with family which is safe as some trains are quite busy ones and getting a seat becomes a problem.
Reserving your pass will not cost you much money.
You can login to Rail Europe - Rail travel planner Europe - Train travel in Europe and compare the fares and then plan to take the pass.
I should thank Team-BHP ads for the Euro hotel bookings which was very helpful.
Night trains you need to pay extra money.
What I could see was we are not saving money by taking the night trains instead than staying in the hotel in the night for the same.

Last edited by gajadonga : 29th October 2010 at 14:37.
Old 29th October 2010, 14:39   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
I was about to ask "Kanchi" on the pic 28092010236 & you've answered already
Been to Kanchi more than once, with my friends and also with family. Never liked the food over there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Why is that? Do you think its less spicy & has less salt or something like that?
It's not actually the spices or salt. Overall, the deviation from the original dish is too much. Have been to many Indian restaurants all over EU, but never did I get a proper "Indian dish". Much like the Indianised burgers we get in McD here.
Old 29th October 2010, 14:50   #66
Senior - BHPian

We had Indian lunch in Mt.Titlis which was for 18CHF.Food is quite bland names appear quite familiar but the taste is different.
We did snowboarding
The place is so well organised and after snowboarding the slope you have an escalator to get back.
Attached Thumbnails
A trip to France Swiss alps and Frankfurt(Germany)-28092010329.jpg  

A trip to France Swiss alps and Frankfurt(Germany)-28092010330.jpg  

A trip to France Swiss alps and Frankfurt(Germany)-28092010332.jpg  

A trip to France Swiss alps and Frankfurt(Germany)-28092010333.jpg  

Old 29th October 2010, 15:10   #67
Senior - BHPian

I loved this snowboarding stuff! Looks like an adventurous thing. How long did it take to do the slope? Do you need little bit of training or just go in like any kid would do? Mind sharing the cost of this?
Old 29th October 2010, 15:18   #68
BHPian

Last year this time I was at Mt Titlis and your photos refreshed my memories. We took the train from Luzern to Engleberg though. We did not have so much of snow last year. Excellent travelouge.
Old 29th October 2010, 17:08   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaureanBull View Post
I loved this snowboarding stuff! Looks like an adventurous thing. How long did it take to do the slope? Do you need little bit of training or just go in like any kid would do? Mind sharing the cost of this?

TaureanBull snowboarding takes about 10mins and does not require any training.
The price is inclusive in the ticket that we have purchased for the Mt.Titlis tour.
Old 29th October 2010, 17:15   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsudarsan View Post
Last year this time I was at Mt Titlis and your photos refreshed my memories. We took the train from Luzern to Engleberg though. We did not have so much of snow last year. Excellent travelouge.

arsudarsan Luzern to Engleberg by train must be very scenic?

As I mentioned previously this year snow has started one month earlier so were fortunate to see good snow.
Old 30th October 2010, 12:23   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajadonga View Post
arsudarsan Luzern to Engleberg by train must be very scenic?
Yes very scenic. On our way back, we got down at Dallenville where there is another cable car travel up the mountain. We roamed around for a while and boarded the next train.
Old 30th October 2010, 14:42   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsudarsan View Post
Yes very scenic. On our way back, we got down at Dallenville where there is another cable car travel up the mountain. We roamed around for a while and boarded the next train.

The train connections are so good and very punctual.
In fact I programmed my trip before I reached swiss which saved a lot of time as I took all direct connections to the Eurocities.
Old 30th October 2010, 15:22   #73
Senior - BHPian

Day 4.
This was very important day as we have been dreaming of going to Jungfrau which takes us to highest peaks of Swiss.
I wanted this programme to be compleated in a day and reach Frankfurt the same day .
I had searched the SBB: Home - Online Timetable, Ticket Shop, Online travel shop website throughly to have an idea what time I should reach and the timings of the mountain train.As there were many stations involved in the mountain train it was little confusing which I shall explain to you in further course but I was sure that once we are there on the train we can understand it better.
My only problem was with the luggage as It was a day trip to Jungfrau and proceed to Germany.
I had searched this web site Swiss Alps tourism - MySwissAlps.com and was getting response that it is possible to keep the luggage in the station.
So my programme was I should start early so that I can reach Interlaken which was the base station for the jungfraubahn trains.
I had requested my hotel people to get ready with our breakfast at 5am and they were very helpful.
Some of our people from Gujrat whom I met at Mt.Titlis suggested the food in the Jungfrau was pretty expensive so we packed ourself some food and we were of to the station which was a stone throw from our hotel.
Our train was perfectly on time 5.20am.
My only problem was I had to interchange at a station called Bern and I had 6minutes time for the interchange of train.
As sceduled my train was right on time at Bern and we did a little bit of jogging in the platform with the luggage rolling with us.
But the best part was the onward journey train was in the adjacent platform so I was not stressed in boarding the train
Attached Thumbnails
A trip to France Swiss alps and Frankfurt(Germany)-29092010339.jpg  

A trip to France Swiss alps and Frankfurt(Germany)-29092010340.jpg  

A trip to France Swiss alps and Frankfurt(Germany)-29092010341.jpg  

A trip to France Swiss alps and Frankfurt(Germany)-29092010342.jpg  

A trip to France Swiss alps and Frankfurt(Germany)-29092010345.jpg  

A trip to France Swiss alps and Frankfurt(Germany)-29092010346.jpg  

A trip to France Swiss alps and Frankfurt(Germany)-29092010347.jpg  

A trip to France Swiss alps and Frankfurt(Germany)-29092010349.jpg  

A trip to France Swiss alps and Frankfurt(Germany)-29092010350.jpg  

A trip to France Swiss alps and Frankfurt(Germany)-29092010351.jpg  

Old 30th October 2010, 15:33   #74
Senior - BHPian

On arrival at the station our first job was to dump our luggage.
Right on platform 1 we had lockers and they were quite big enough for our box.
So half of my worry was solved.
We came to the main entrance of the station and we could see the sunrise on the mountains.
Attached Thumbnails
A trip to France Swiss alps and Frankfurt(Germany)-29092010352.jpg  

A trip to France Swiss alps and Frankfurt(Germany)-29092010353.jpg  

A trip to France Swiss alps and Frankfurt(Germany)-29092010354.jpg  

A trip to France Swiss alps and Frankfurt(Germany)-29092010355.jpg  

Old 31st October 2010, 17:18   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajadonga View Post
The train connections are so good and very punctual.
In fact I programmed my trip before I reached swiss which saved a lot of time as I took all direct connections to the Eurocities.
Exactly, I was in Geneva for 3 weeks and had only 1 weekend free for which I planned Titlis. The plan was to board the 6:20 AM train to Luzern and be back in Geneva by 10 PM and we were back by 10 PM. Even local buses are punctual.

Last edited by arsudarsan : 31st October 2010 at 17:22.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks