Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2010, 12:06   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
Thank you sir for the beautiful writeup and pictures. The pictures brought back memories of a recent trip to Truro in Cornwall. The countryside in UK is really beautiful and extremely well maintained.The discipline on road was a revelation to me, this being my first trip abroad. If only we could maintain such discipline and responsibility, India would have achieved great heights.

And that is a beautiful car.I am also hoping like noopster, that my son will provide me with such delights! He has already set his eyes on Ferrari!
Thank you. Those are my sentiments also. If only we can achieve the road etiquettes of the British and also the sense of maintaining and protecting their environment and greenry, India will become a different India altogether. But sadly very sadly I do not see any chances of it happening at least in our life time. Rather we are going from bad to worse.

Have faith in God, I am sure that your son will achieve even greater heights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLOCT View Post
The Jaguar XF is a superb car. Great pics and beautiful roads. The whole package seems perfect. Cheers.
Thank you.

We are planning to go to Scotland for a day in next week. If I get good pictures, I shall post the same.
Old 23rd January 2011, 01:25   #32
BHPian

Re: My trip of U.K., in our Jaguar XF

""I was behind a smaller car and wanted to overtake. The road was two lane with lots of curves and some oncoming traffic also. We might have been doing around 50 mph and I pressed the accelerator hard, not floored it. For the first time it dropped a gear or two, engine note rose to a growl, it gathered pace like a jet fighter taking off and within few seconds I was far ahead of the smaller car. Back in my lane I eased off and could not believe what I had experienced. The performance was without any drama, no screaming engine, no body swaying, no jerks, simply a breath taking acceleration with a lightly growling engine which was back to purring in few seconds. This was truly an example of Pace with Grace. This car suits its name 'Jaguar' which is a lean & mean and agile animal like our Cheetah which can gather speed or change direction in a jiffy.""

Loved this part! And such class while describing the pace. And hope there are no more scratches (keeping the finger crossed). Amazing write up.
Old 23rd January 2011, 08:53   #33
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

what a lovely thread
lovely photos too

one of my favourite places in the world - the UK - on account of its neatness, orderliness and respect for heritage, law and order, natural surroundings and love for animals.

shall keep visiting this thread to enjoy your travelogue and experience.

thanks again!! made my Sunday morning I can tell you and has resulted in a firm resolve to visit again and go on another driving trip in the UK.
Old 23rd January 2011, 09:51   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
what a lovely thread
lovely photos too

one of my favourite places in the world - the UK - on account of its neatness, orderliness and respect for heritage, law and order, natural surroundings and love for animals.

shall keep visiting this thread to enjoy your travelogue and experience.

thanks again!! made my Sunday morning I can tell you and has resulted in a firm resolve to visit again and go on another driving trip in the UK.
Thanks shankar.

The qualities of U.K., mentioned by you are my sentiments also which I used to mention frequently in U.K. Sadly we are adopting their vices only at a very fast pace, but none of their qualities.

I have plenty of more photos of our later drive to Scotland which are even better. Will try to post those in next week.

Yes do visit U.K., and take a road trip to Scotland and Wales. The scenery there is much better than England.

Thanks Acclero.

We got that scratch repaired and hopefully there are no more scratches. I am in India now and Siddharth has told me that the car is doing good and the milage has improved to 36 MPG., which is 12.75 kmpl overall.

Hows that milage for such a heavy car of 1820 kg which is always driven hard. If driven sanely, I am sure it can improve upto 14 kmpl.

Last edited by akj53 : 23rd January 2011 at 10:00.
Old 23rd January 2011, 10:32   #35
Team-BHP Support

The vistas are so mesmerizingly beautiful, wow is the word.

Thanks for capturing and sharing it with us The Jag XF is a rock-star in business suit.
Old 27th January 2011, 18:06   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
The vistas are so mesmerizingly beautiful, wow is the word.

Thanks for capturing and sharing it with us

Thank you.

The Jag XF is a rock-star in business suit.
Very apt description of XF. Jaguar should use your line in their advertisements.
Old 12th May 2011, 13:08   #37
BHPian

Sir,

Any recent trips of English countryside or Europe? Please post some fresh pics of the Wild Cat in its natural habitat. I am a sucker for pics taken in modern setup too, so any snaps of the Business District around London would be highly appreciated.
Old 19th May 2011, 08:19   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SankalpDesai
Sir,

Any recent trips of English countryside or Europe? Please post some fresh pics of the Wild Cat in its natural habitat. I am a sucker for pics taken in modern setup too, so any snaps of the Business District around London would be highly appreciated.
Yes I do have lot of pics. Will try to post some of our visit to Scotland today
Old 1st July 2011, 17:55   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akj53 View Post
Yes I do have lot of pics. Will try to post some of our visit to Scotland today
Sir, you said you would be uploading pictures of your visit to Scotland. Please do so when you get time.

Awaiting pics of the Jag.
Old 18th July 2011, 11:38   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SankalpDesai

Sir, you said you would be uploading pictures of your visit to Scotland. Please do so when you get time.

Awaiting pics of the Jag.
Sorry Sankalp, could not post earlier. I have come back to U.K., and will now start posting pictures of Scotland and Wales. I am posting from my iPad for the first time and let us see how it goes.

Oh sorry, nearly all pictures are bigger than 1 MB size, so will reduce them first and then will post them. Please bear with me for for 1-2 days.
Old 3rd May 2012, 19:22   #41
BHPian

Trying to post few pics from iPad. Let us see how it goes.

Some where in England

My trip of U.K., in our Jaguar XF-image86977475.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks