Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2010, 20:56   #16
BHPian

Can you just tell me the route you took from banglore to mysore i heard there is one outer ring road without getting into Banglore when you travel from Chennai which is somewhere near Hosur anybody having information pls share it here i plan to spend my coming summer vacation in Masinagudi and Ooty

Last edited by sathyaprakash : 1st November 2010 at 20:57.
Old 1st November 2010, 21:54   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyaprakash View Post
Can you just tell me the route you took from banglore to mysore i heard there is one outer ring road without getting into Banglore when you travel from Chennai which is somewhere near Hosur anybody having information pls share it here i plan to spend my coming summer vacation in Masinagudi and Ooty

About 21-22 kms from Hosur, very shortly after Electronics city, is the NICE road entrance. Look for a left with a green board after a place called Konappana Agrahara. Once you get on the nice road, the signs are clear. Take the exit that says "Mysore road" and you get to the mysore road. And then on, one straight drive.
Old 1st November 2010, 21:57   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumannandy View Post
Not sure about banning photography. I don't think we noticed any board with the information. We were not told anything by the checkpost officers either.

In fact on the way back we noticed people stopping their cars and searching for wildlife at Mudumalai as well as at Bandipur.

What is really bad is the usage of horn. At least in one case we heard one vehicle using horns in the forest. I think horns should be banned.

We had a scary experience with a group of elephants. The tusker got mad at the sound of the reverse siren and chased us. It came within 2-3 feet of the car. That was in a different jungle couple of years back.

But drive through Mudumalai forest is a good experience, specially in early morning.
Oh the guards asked me to put my camera away. He did the same to couple others too.
Old 4th November 2010, 00:03   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyaprakash View Post
You can take the NICE road near electronic city. However, this roadwork is not completed around Banerghatta road. You have to get off the highway and take diversions (not sure about the latest condition). I would ask you to take this road during daytime only.

Last edited by sumannandy : 4th November 2010 at 00:06.
Old 4th November 2010, 08:06   #20
BHPian

That's better now. You don't have to go through the village diversions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumannandy View Post
You can take the NICE road near electronic city. However, this roadwork is not completed around Banerghatta road. You have to get off the highway and take diversions (not sure about the latest condition). I would ask you to take this road during daytime only.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks