Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2010, 10:49   #1
Senior - BHPian

Andamans - Exotic place on Planet Earth

This location was in my list for a long time and we did it finally. Guys, bear with me, i am not at all a good writer when it comes to travelogues. Initially
i am posting this pic for you guys to try and figure out which place this would be.
@Mods, i am not putting up the right title for this travelogue until i come up with the actual travelogue in a day or two. If you feel it needs to be changed, please change it.
Attached Thumbnails
Andamans - Exotic place on Planet Earth-1.jpg  

Old 31st October 2010, 11:08   #2
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
This location was in my list for a long time and we did it finally. Guys, bear with me, i am not at all a good writer when it comes to travelogues. Initially
i am posting this pic for you guys to try and figure out which place this would be.
@Mods, i am not putting up the right title for this travelogue until i come up with the actual travelogue in a day or two. If you feel it needs to be changed, please change it.
Who says you are not good at writing, this 5 lines are enough

We already see the romantic angle and the mystery angle

It somehow shows some glimpses of the Gods Own Country.

I may be wrong, will be watching this space.
Old 31st October 2010, 11:19   #3
Senior - BHPian

Nope, its not KL (Kerala) for sure. Looks like Goa or some kind of beach or large back waters. But first, is this India or somewhere else?
Old 31st October 2010, 12:01   #4
BHPian

Looks interesting and waiting for the Travelogue. Is this in Andaman? The Photo Collage is done well.
Old 31st October 2010, 12:19   #5
Senior - BHPian

andaman islands??? intriguing.
Old 31st October 2010, 13:53   #6
BHPian

Never seen that sort of the boat in andaman, but the white sands tell the andaman story, so now confused. Come on man, we all are getting impatient, because that teaser collage is very tempting.

Glued to find the answer!
Old 31st October 2010, 14:13   #7
Senior - BHPian

Exoctic and romantic location..........is it Mumbai's Juhu beach?
Old 31st October 2010, 14:17   #8
Senior - BHPian

I don't know the location nor can I take a wild guess!! But one thing is for sure, I can expect some great snaps from you. The foot prints on the sand are an amazing capture!! I just love it. Whats the gear you are using?
Old 31st October 2010, 16:00   #9
Senior - BHPian

First, thanks a lot for your responses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Who says you are not good at writing, this 5 lines are enough
It somehow shows some glimpses of the Gods Own Country.
@pavan,
I hope i will keep up good writing through out the travelogue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Nope, its not KL (Kerala) for sure. Looks like Goa or some kind of beach or large back waters. But first, is this India or somewhere else?
Very much in India.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRRaj View Post
Looks interesting and waiting for the Travelogue. Is this in Andaman? The Photo Collage is done well.
Thanks and you are right. It is our own "ANDAMANS". I am just flattered by this place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
I don't know the location nor can I take a wild guess!! But one thing is for sure, I can expect some great snaps from you. The foot prints on the sand are an amazing capture!! I just love it. Whats the gear you are using?
Thanks, i was using just regular digital camera - Nikon P90. I seriously felt the need of DSLR's over here.

Now that you guys know the place, please bear with me for some more time. I will put up the whole travelogue by today evening or max tomorrow. I have lots of pictures which i have to re-size it and then upload.
And not to disappoint you guys without a picture. Here is one.
Attached Thumbnails
Andamans - Exotic place on Planet Earth-dscn2349.jpg  

Last edited by rk_sans : 31st October 2010 at 16:03.
Old 31st October 2010, 18:42   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
Very much in India.
Well, Andaman is controlled by Indian Govt, but it is not in India. Its an Island controlled by out Govt. So I hope I was right in what I said.

Last edited by aargee : 31st October 2010 at 18:43.
Old 31st October 2010, 18:47   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Lovely collage. Andaman, a place in my bucket list. Waiting for the travelogue to unfold.
Old 31st October 2010, 19:31   #12
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well, Andaman is controlled by Indian Govt, but it is not in India. Its an Island controlled by out Govt. So I hope I was right in what I said.
Saar. What do you mean it is an Island controlled by our govt?
Andaman and Nicobar islands form one of the Union Territores of the Republic of India. It is very much in India. Andaman is in no way an island "controlled" by our govt.
Since it is an UT of India, it is administered by a governor or an administrator, appointed by the President of India.

Or by above statement about India do you take in to account only the Indian Mainland? That way, I do agree that Andaman is not in Indian Mainland and form a group of islands

And yes, the southern most point of Indian republic falls in these set of islands, also called as Indira Point.

If you just use statements like Andaman is not in India, then Burma might stake a claim to it, or china might show it as their territory. ]
MX6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2010, 22:09   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
Or by above statement about India do you take in to account only the Indian Mainland? That way, I do agree that Andaman is not in Indian Mainland and form a group of islands
You spoke my mind & I intented to say the same that the location in the pic does not belong to anywhere in our mainland & one has to travel outside.
Old 31st October 2010, 22:22   #14
v&v
Senior - BHPian

@rk_sans - Nice pana. Andaman is long pending in our list too. I am hooked to your log.
Old 31st October 2010, 22:29   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
Saar. What do you mean it is an Island controlled by our govt?
Andaman and Nicobar islands form one of the Union Territores of the Republic of India. It is very much in India. Andaman is in no way an island "controlled" by our govt.
Since it is an UT of India, it is administered by a governor or an administrator, appointed by the President of India.

And yes, the southern most point of Indian republic falls in these set of islands, also called as Indira Point.

If you just use statements like Andaman is not in India, then Burma might stake a claim to it, or china might show it as their territory. ]
Bang on target. Thats a good caution considering now a days every neighboring country wants to claim some part of India. Just one point from my side, Indira point is no longer the southern most point as it got submerged after Tsunami.
But nevertheless, Andaman @ Nicobar Islands (very well part of India) are one of the most beautiful places you can visit. I have been there once and I recommend it to everybody for a trip once in life.

Quote:
You spoke my mind & I intented to say the same that the location in the pic does not belong to anywhere in our mainland & one has to travel outside.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks