Team-BHP - Ahoy!! In Detroit finally
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Travelogues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/)
-   -   Ahoy!! In Detroit finally (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/91447-ahoy-detroit-finally.html)

Hi,
finally this oct21 i left for deroit, to visit my uncle. I landed in Chicago and spent first 4 days there, Then came by road to Detroit in a Honda Pilot. i am just not able to take my eyes off roads and automobiles. Every car which i used see in auto mags is on road. Enormous trucks ferrying things and beautiful color changing trees are a treat to watch.
The area i am staying is full of Acuras and Lexus. But on roads almost all the cars are available. Many of these cars are not available in India.Particulary lexuses,Acuras,Buicks,Mazdas etc.
I visited the Henry ford Museum yesterday and Ford Rouge.Spend almost full day there. The Dearborn plant is not fully operational and will be producing small cars from 2011 onwards. The mood is upwards in auto news.
I will be posting more pics and reports for the next 2-3 weeks.

Cool! Welcome! Looking forward to the pics. Must be really chilly up there.

I recently took the M-22 state highway which hugs the Michigan lake. It is one of the best scenic routes in MI. There is a ford museum which I haven't got a chance to visit, if you do visit it please post your experience. I found MI roads better to drive - no visible construction at all, less patrolling and beautiful landscape and nice rest areas. Lot's of good wineries too out there. Last but not the least get ready for biting cold and harsh (snow all over) , slippery road conditions if you are planning to stick around until the winter. Welcome!!

Welcome to Motor City. Probably you will find more GM, Ford & Chrysler vehicles over there because of employee discounts they offer. Don't forget to visit the GM Headquarters Renaissance Center in Detroit downtown. Its an awesome place showcasing all GM vintage vehicles and the towers itself offer spectacular views.
Enjoy your stay..!!

@Bullock - I used to stay at Troy city during 2008/09. You're almost in the wrong time to enjoy being outside :). but don't worry, get some warm clothes to keep you away from the cold & hey, you're in the right time too, Halloween & Christmas.

Enjoy your stay; BTW, I hope its a long term for you.

Never miss the GM's building at downtown Detroit that was built by Ford :D

Hi Bullock,

I had a great stay at Troy during apr 05-08, visited twice to NAIAS. Usually it will be held in Jan 3rd week so don't miss it no matter what, if you are going to be still there.

Ofcourse now weather get colder n colder, it will be fun during thanksgiving shopping on black friday sale in the michigan cold :D
Enjoy!

Quote:

Originally Posted by sindabad (Post 2125320)
I recently took the M-22 state highway which hugs the Michigan lake. It is one of the best scenic routes in MI. There is a ford museum which I haven't got a chance to visit, if you do visit it please post your experience. I found MI roads better to drive - no visible construction at all, less patrolling and beautiful landscape and nice rest areas. Lot's of good wineries too out there. Last but not the least get ready for biting cold and harsh (snow all over) , slippery road conditions if you are planning to stick around until the winter. Welcome!!

Hi everyone,
I am on family visit, so I have lot of time to explore unlike business visits.
I will be here till Dec.01. Before detroit, I landed in Chicago and I just loved Chicago. With my friend and my cousin, i covered the Chicago with following highlights;
1. Walking tour of Chicago Downtime with Architectural Association of Chicago.
It is the most wonderful way of exploring the Chicago, with a guide and walking tour of the most beautiful buildings. This is the way to explore downtown.
2. River Cruise: Wondeful weather with a good guide who describes the history and feature so blds., A must for everyone.
3. Millenium Park : The beautiful park with Anish Kapoors wonderful shining sculpture and amazing views.
4. Willis Towers(Sears Towers) : what a building and fitting tribute to the downtown.Amazing lift and views.
5.Chicago Science Museum: University of Chicagos museum is one of the best science and industrial museum I had seen.
6.Michigan Avenue: A nice road, with best brands and blds around. u can spend as much time u like.
7. Tech shops: I visited New apple store, the only store full of people and activity with ipods,ipads, new 11" new netbook. A good visit.
8. Travel to Detroit Along freeway: Got the feel of freeways. Could not take eyes off bigger trucks, cars etc.
I am working on a Apple machine. yet to get hang of the things. Sorting the photos for uploading. Just trying make a note for everyone with promise to load the beautiful scenes.