Team-BHP - Lepakshi, the most famous one day drive in here!!!!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Travelogues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/)
-   -   Lepakshi, the most famous one day drive in here!!!! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/91571-lepakshi-most-famous-one-day-drive-here.html)

Lepakshi, the most famous one day drive in here!!!!-lepakshibull.jpg

Ya, I know.

We have been seeing so many logs/threads on this place recently in here.

I can hear you asking, "So, in what way this thread is different from the other?"

To keep the answer simple - "No, its nothing different"

Then why?

Is that your next question?

Ok, the only difference is that the Aveo & Ikon, which went all the way to Jog & Thiruvannamalai, after more than a year gap, joined forces and made it to Lepakshi.

I was thinking of where to head on the Monday 1st November. As you now its a holiday in Karnataka for celebrating the Rajyotsava. I did had 3 days holiday, but the problem was I could not skip my sunday classes. Ok, forget academic for now.

The initial thought was to drive to Melkote & Pandavapura. I call our Srini (Snaronikar) and check. Luckily he was also as desparate as me to go for a long drive. We decided to leave on Monday morning. Plan was to meet up in Mysore road and then continue together for the place. All this happened on 29th October.

Looked through our encyclopedia [yes T-BHP threads], got the road the updates, what to see, how to reach etc. And finally the perfect plan was ready. Ya, I was thinking this to be a perfect plan, until Sunday evening.

You right, if anything it goes per plan, then there is something seriously wrong.

On 31st October night, I call him again to confirm and he was asking if we can change the plan. Why not? Its the journey that matters and not the destination.

So, he places the idea of driving to Lepakshi on the table. Not bad. I have been planning to visit this place for almost 4 years now. But, somehow it never got materialized.

Yes, everything has a time, and we should wait till it rings. And it did finally rang!!!

And thanks to Srini for ringing the bell.

mjothi,

Good that you could make it. After long wait, I also visited Lepakshi last Sunday (31st Oct'10). Its really wonderful place to see. The drive is also amazing..but the sad story is I was caught by cops for overspeeding after Devanahalli while returning. My second traffic violation in my 16years of Driving..!!

Thanks
Rajesh

Enough academics and enough talking!! Photos please.
And where has Snaronikar disappeared to nowadays?

Quote:

Originally Posted by RajeshK (Post 2127891)
I also visited Lepakshi last Sunday (31st Oct'10). Its really wonderful place to see. The drive is also amazing..but the sad story is I was caught by cops for overspeeding after Devanahalli while returning.

I can understand. The roads are so inviting. I think this stretch of NH7 is much better that the one on the GQ. Such a clear stretch. We were around 80kmph and sometimes touched may be 100. But luckily did not see any cops.

And somewhere in the middle, we saw a Porche. That's when I was curious to follow him :D

Suddenly I see my speed at 140+ and thats the end of the follow. He flew.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker (Post 2127899)
Enough academics and enough talking!! Photos please.

He is in undercover lol: Will be back with a bang. Srini, are you listening?

Photos?? Hmmm. This trip reminded me that its time to change my camera. Pictures are not so great. Anyway, how can I keep away from posting "pics".

Will do my best to search some good ones and put it up.

Most of the pics should be from Srini. So, hold on.

Which route did you take? The Dodballapur-Gauribadnur-Hindupur or the Chickballapur-Bagepalli route? How were the roads?

Quote:

Originally Posted by hvkumar (Post 2127904)
Which route did you take? The Dodballapur-Gauribadnur-Hindupur or the Chickballapur-Bagepalli route? How were the roads?

We took this

Brookfield - KRPuram - Hebbal - Devanahalli - Chikballapur - Bagepalli - Lepakshi

Road condition is excellent.

Btw, I see a new toll under construction right at the place where we exit to take the bridge for Bangalore International Airport. Seems they have decided to take toll from both Airport + on going traffic towards Hyderabad.

Smart people, building it just before the exit. I thought it would be free for the Airport traffic. By doing this, they make sure everyone, everyone goes through NH7 pays. Too bad. Expect the taxi expense to go north.

The road on this stretch is really excellent and the traffic is very light. Had fun when i visited Lepakshi last month. However, there are some bad patches once you take the left turn from the NH to Lepakshi. There was some road work going on when i visited. I hope this work is completed now?

Also, for people planning to go to Lepakshi soon, there is a village where you can see Spotted storks during some seasons ( I think it starts from December). So you can club this too in addition to Lepakshi. Need to take the left turn from the spot where there is the statue of these storks . The distance is around 8-9 Kms from that spot.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker (Post 2127899)

Exiled (as of now)...my dear friend. The work load is too heavy and taking its toll on my favourite hobby (long drives) :Frustrati and the distance I travel to my office daily is around 110 kms (to & fro).

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjothi (Post 2127902)
He is in undercover lol: Will be back with a bang. Srini, are you listening?

Most of the pics should be from Srini. So, hold on.

No bang sir..yes, i'm listening and seeing the things but not able to interact. Not as lucky as you software guys. Will upload pics today night. Need to resize these again to fit into tbhp.

1st November 2010.

Morning, 5:30AM, alarm goes off. As usual slap him off and go for another round. By the time I started to doze, it strikes me. Wow, this is the D-day for the trip to Lepakshi. Get up Buddy.

Got the family ready, [oh, did I tell you I have 2 naughty kids!!!] and start from my house bang at 7:15AM.

Oh, ya,trip meter reset to Zero.

Reach Hebbal flyover and wait for Srini at the famous meeting-point. There was a army guy who was guarding the premises, asked us to leave from there. Hmm, so I move further and see this HP petrol bunk. Fill u the tank and wait at the near by restaurant.

Finally srini comes around 30 minutes past 8. Initial hi-hi, and we start.

Since it was a holiday, the traffic was very less and had a very good time getting out of Bangalore.

First picture of the Day! Jain Temple
Lepakshi, the most famous one day drive in here!!!!-img_2133.jpg

Lepakshi, the most famous one day drive in here!!!!-img_2147.jpg

The route was

Brookfield - KRPuram - Hebbal - Devanahalli - Chikballapur - Bagepalli - Lepakshi

Brookefield, Bengaluru, Karnataka, India to Lepakshi, Andhra Pradesh, India - Google Maps

I see a new Toll being constructed just at the exit to the Airport from the NH7. No clue why they want to charge Toll for everyone, including the guys to Airport & further. I wish sooner or later we pay for the KM we drive and not a flat charge.

The only hurdle after this was the railway crossing just before the Devanahalli. Not sure when they will complete this bridge.

Once you cross this, its a breeze to fly on those NH7. But my speed governor [ya, you read it right, my WIFEY:) ] was not allowing me to cross 80KMPH.

Anyway, the weather was excellent and the view was so scenic that I did not worry about crawling on those beautiful roads.

Look at the area around chikballapur

Lepakshi, the most famous one day drive in here!!!!-img_2155.jpg

Lepakshi, the most famous one day drive in here!!!!-img_2156.jpg

I see this beautiful lake, park my Aveo and get into action. It was that moment I regretted about my cam. Anyway, tried some shots, and here are the results.

Lepakshi, the most famous one day drive in here!!!!-img_2161.jpg

Lepakshi, the most famous one day drive in here!!!!-pano_lake.jpg

Lepakshi, the most famous one day drive in here!!!!-pano_lake2.jpg

Contd...

You got another Aveo??? You had Red before and this is Silverish. Lepakshi is also in my planned one day trip list. Good that this thread came and I can follow it. May be after Diwali I will plan.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anujmishra (Post 2128289)
You had Red before and this is Silverish.

No sir. Its the same Silverish Aveo :)

Quote:

Lepakshi is also in my planned one day trip list. Good that this thread came and I can follow it. May be after Diwali I will plan.
Heard November and December is the best time to visit this place. Other seasons it would be too hot to move around in that temple.

Quote:

I see this beautiful lake, park my Aveo and get into action. It was that moment I regretted about my cam. Anyway, tried some shots, and here are the results.

I have pics of the same lake from another trip,

my bro and his kid at the same lake
Lepakshi, the most famous one day drive in here!!!!-dsc03479-1024x768.jpg

The 2 black beauties back then taken from the lake side
Lepakshi, the most famous one day drive in here!!!!-dsc03472-1024x768.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker (Post 2128354)
I have pics of the same lake from another trip,

my bro and his kid at the same lake
Attachment 448348

The 2 black beauties back then taken from the lake side
Attachment 448349

Good to the stretch of road on the way to Lepakshi.I regularly do Hyderabad Banglore every 6 months.Most of the time I reach Banglore late night and start in the evenings so rarely see this site.From Yelhanka I used to reach Ananthpur in 2.30 to 3hrs.The best part is Chikaballapur and Yelhanka bypass.

Yes Hari. Its the same one. Now I am little bit convinced that my cam is no issue, when shot against the sun :)

Hi Mahesh

Good to see you not only driving out, but also publishing a travelogue.
Lepakshi (+Nandi Hills) is a good one day outing from Bangalore.
One can also do Lepakshi + Puttaparthi combination as well.
We did this trip (i think) some time in early 2009.

I tried calling you when you were in chennai during Dussera Festival.
spoke to your wife (i think) as you were busy with some domestic work.

I was in Pondy at that time, onway to chennai, wanted some information.
Managed to find it using other sources.