Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2012, 09:33   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4strings
I'm planning to leave from Mumbai around 9.00 in the evening and drive through the night, so I guess I'll be reaching Nipani early morning at around 6.00 or 7.00, which should make the drive through the bad section comparatively easier to manage. I'll take a break at Nipani and wait for sunshine before moving on if in case I reach earlier.
Dear nishantbhatia84

I would recommend taking a break at Kolhapur if u reach way too early as you can find some decent restaurants there incl. a McDonald's which is on the highway. Nipani is not more than 25-30 mins from Kolhapur.

Although I would go with neofromcapone's recommendation of leaving early morning from Mumbai, its a much better and faster drive during the day.[/quote]

Thanks for all the suggestions!
After careful thought & deliberation after having a chat with #neofromcapone, I've decided to leave early morning on 24th. I'll leave from Mumbai around 3am and intend to reach Goa by 1-2pm. This way I'll able to enjoy the sights as well, plus all of the hotels in Goa have their check-in time around 12 or 1pm.
nishantbhatia84 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed