Team-BHP - Yercaud-->Been there, Roamed there and Enjoyed
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Travelogues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/)
-   -   Yercaud-->Been there, Roamed there and Enjoyed (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/92221-yercaud-been-there-roamed-there-enjoyed-3.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by bejoy (Post 2142636)
Hey Shishir,
Lovely pics and you have found a good place for the stay!. Hope the little one had a rocking time there!And congrats on your new Xylo!
Regards,
Bejoy

Thanks Bejoy. Ya little one was jumping all around and those nuns were playing with him all the time. We had a nice time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sathyaprakash (Post 2142663)
Thanks guys > ravib, shishir bn > i like to make this trip in comming feb or mar

Sathya, IMO dec will be a good time rather than in feb/mar since it will be summer time and I don't think fog will be there. But Try your luck

Quote:

Originally Posted by NFS (Post 2142912)
Waiting for your full review. I am planning to visit Yercaud soon.15Kmpl FE was good for the xylo IMO.
Nice photos, wondering how some pictures are clear and some are foggy!
Salem roads looks neat, I am heading for salem this weekend from Chennai and hope the roads are similar.Post more pics and write more.
Eager to read on.

NFS, Today I will be completing the log. 15kmpl as FE is good enough for this big car IMO. If I had taken the pic in summer then everything would be clear. But due to fog all the pics were like this. Good that you are travelling in dec. You will enjoy the climate.

By the time we finished all these things we were so exhausted and the time was 7PM, so we went back to our house. Next day after breakfast we started from Yercaud at around 9.45am and reached Bangalore at 1.30pm.

Some photos while driving back.

Some random shots just to bore you guys.........

* My kid trying to balance the world.
* My XYLO getting a bath in Yercaud nature
* When driving back to Bangalore I just looked into the odo for the fuel reading, suddenly my eyes fell on the meter reading and I couldn't miss this. So pulled my car to the footpath and took this snap

So gave toll of some ~330/-

Attibele- 20, Hosur - 25/-, Krishnagiri- 66/-, Omalur -53/-. All this in one way.

Great trip, Shishir. I am glad you enjoyed the cool climes of Yercaud. You have managed to capture some very nice snaps!

We did our Yercaud trip earlier this year, during summer. The temperature was in the mid to high 30s then.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevy_lover (Post 2143544)
Great trip, Shishir. I am glad you enjoyed the cool climes of Yercaud. You have managed to capture some very nice snaps!

We did our Yercaud trip earlier this year, during summer. The temperature was in the mid to high 30s then.

Thanks man. As you said I have enjoyed it to the max. But if the trip is done during Nov/Dec then it will be a moment to Cherish with cool climate.Try to do the same once again :thumbs up

Hey Shishir, thanks for the nice pictures & detailed write up ! Your Xylo looks cool, nice color too !

The roads seem to be excellently maintained, even the ones leading uo the hill, unlike the ones in Karnataka, which are definitely some of the worst in the country, even at frequently visited tourist spots.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit (Post 2143565)
Hey Shishir, thanks for the nice pictures & detailed write up ! Your Xylo looks cool, nice color too !

The roads seem to be excellently maintained, even the ones leading uo the hill, unlike the ones in Karnataka, which are definitely some of the worst in the country, even at frequently visited tourist spots.

Nirmal, Thanks for the comments.

For that matter the roads are extremely well all throughout. Only place to be careful is at Thoppur Ghat. There are almost 8/9 humps and dangerous curves. I have seen many rear ending scenes there. All the humps are numbered. The road is also not so good when compared to other road which lead to Salem. Apart from this it stress free drive up to Yercaud.

Thanks for the snaps again! Just wanted to ask, did you feel the boating in the lake was safe? After reading your reports I am also thinking of a drive to this place and I believe boating is one of the famous attractions here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shyamhegde (Post 2143597)
Thanks for the snaps again! Just wanted to ask, did you feel the boating in the lake was safe? After reading your reports I am also thinking of a drive to this place and I believe boating is one of the famous attractions here.

Thanks Shyam. Boating was safe over there. But I didn't venture into it. I am not a water man or a water lover. All the places are superb here. Drive to that place and enjoy in Nov and Dec time.

Nice pics and write up Shishir, makes me want to visit Yercaud again soon !

Quote:

Originally Posted by kannan666 (Post 2143655)
Nice pics and write up Shishir, makes me want to visit Yercaud again soon !

Thanks Kannan. Try making a visit once more. But remember to book the hotels in advance. This time is a peak time and everyone had their plate full. I saw many tourists sleeping in the cars itself.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shyamhegde (Post 2143597)

Hi Shyam......boating is very safe. It is a small lake and quiet surroundings. One can take a paddle boat and paddle around. If you dont want to paddle yourself, there are boat men too. Good to be there early in the morning for morning walks.

You are right. Except for the lake and view points there is nothing much as such. One can of cousre go for small treks and do bird watching as well. This is not a place for sight seeing .... apt place for quietitude, read a book, look at the sky at night ....star gazing......winter sky is amazing specailly on a full mooon day

was looking to find the hotel which you stayed, and saw it was 450/head. What is the per head rate?

How was the hotel?

Quote:

Originally Posted by NFS (Post 2143980)
was looking to find the hotel which you stayed, and saw it was 450/head. What is the per head rate?

How was the hotel?

Contact Details and Address
Rahm's Road, Near Five Road, Yercaud
Telephone91 4281 222401

Ya it is 450/- head, Just check the first page for all the details.