Team-BHP - Yercaud-->Been there, Roamed there and Enjoyed
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Travelogues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/)
-   -   Yercaud-->Been there, Roamed there and Enjoyed (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/92221-yercaud-been-there-roamed-there-enjoyed.html)

Hi Guys,

After planning for so many days/weeks for this place(YERCAUD), finally the "D" day came and went to this place.

Route:: Bangalore-->Krishnagiri-->Dharmapuri-->Omalur-->Salem-->yeracaud
Mode of travel-->Gentle Gaint/Kempu Dhana/Xylo
Distance--> 251kms from Bangalore(my house gate) to Yeracaud(to the place where I stayed)
Time taken--> 3Hrs 30 mins
Max Speed--> 90 to 100kmph
FE--> Around 15kmpl
Total Distance-->Around 560kms(including 55kms @ yeracaud)
Stay/Halt--> House of Peace(450/- per head)
Experience--> Classic, Superb, Wonderful, Amazing

The first set of photos are self explanatory and all the photos were taken en-route to Salem/Yercaud

We started at around 5.45am and by the time we reached Hosur/Attibele toll it was 6.45am. The only bad roads we encountered was the Thoppur ghat road(compared to the Salem NH7 road).

So it was pretty simple to reach Salem. NH-7 roads were superb. There was no confusion to reach the Yercaud road from Salem

When you reach Salem, there is a sign board which says Salem city(on the left side). Take that road. After 1 to 2 km you will get the big signal which is called 5 road signal. Take the extreme left and keep going for straight for another 3-4 kms and you will reach one more big signal. Take the left road again which will take you to Yercaud.

The next set of pic was on the Ghat section. Please note that all the pics look foggy due to the fact that there was dense fog when we were climbing the Ghat.

Hey...Shishir, the pics are cool ! I am amazed at the condition of roads in Yercaud ! Thats beyond my expectation ! Keep it coming! And how was the climate? Was it raining? Did the stay include food as well? If so, how was the food?

Quote:

Originally Posted by swiftnfurious (Post 2142083)
Hey...Shishir, the pics are cool ! I am amazed at the condition of roads in Yercaud ! Thats beyond my expectation ! Keep it coming! And how was the climate? Was it raining? Did the stay include food as well? If so, how was the food?

Hi,
Roads are amazing man. Climate was very cool and full of fog. It had rained the previous day. Stay included the food also. Will be posting the house pics also.

Great pics shishir. I went to Yercaud during January this year and the place is lovely and serene. Plus the cool winter mornings and the crisp morning air with a cuppa was incredibly soothing to the heart. The NH-7 is highly impressive all along the way (I went from Madurai to Salem). Fantastic tarmac and awesome views.

Waiting to see more of Yeracud. Keep the pics coming !!

Sparse traffic, lovely neat roads, misty weather, all these rings a bell in my mind for a bike ride.

Nice travelogue there.

So after finishing the thrilling Ghat section and all those hair pin bends we reached the place where we had booked. The House Of peace. This is a place run my Christian Missionaries. All these nuns serve at old age homes all over the places.

I can challenge anyone that the hospitality that you get here will not be seen at any of the resort or those grange hotels or that palace garden or any of the resorts at Yercaud.

They have a separate building for groups coming in and staying and for a family with kids(if there are no other visitors) then they will give the main house itself. The cost is just 450/- per head including breakfast, lunch, dinner, Coffee/tea with snack and lots of hospitality.

The rooms are so clean that you will be amazed to see. The whole area is well maintained. Whoever is going to Yercaud I prefer them to stay here itself. But you will not be getting 5 star food. The food is normal food what we have in our homes and will not have varieties(if you are looking for one). Finally it is left to their choice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by //M (Post 2142120)
Great pics shishir. I went to Yercaud during January this year and the place is lovely and serene. Plus the cool winter mornings and the crisp morning air with a cuppa was incredibly soothing to the heart. The NH-7 is highly impressive all along the way (I went from Madurai to Salem). Fantastic tarmac and awesome views. Waiting to see more of Yeracud. Keep the pics coming !!

Thanks. Even from Bangalore the tarmac is superb. Except at Thoppur Ghat.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nkrishnap (Post 2142121)
Sparse traffic, lovely neat roads, misty weather, all these rings a bell in my mind for a bike ride.Nice travelogue there.

Thanks Krishna. If you have people with you then you can easily do this on a bike also. But I guess it will be little hectic if not used for long drives.

Wow, the roads are amazing. I have been planning a trip to Yeracud for quite sometime now. Would mostly be a single day dash from Bangalore on my bike. But would love to get some details on accommodation, in case we plan to spend the night there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by srinivas.rao (Post 2142147)
Wow, the roads are amazing. I have been planning a trip to Yeracud for quite sometime now. Would mostly be a single day dash from Bangalore on my bike. But would love to get some details on accommodation, in case we plan to spend the night there.

Srini, you can do this in a single day also. But the fun of staying in that climate will be lost, but you will get the fun while driving. PM me when you want to go there.

So we entered our rooms ate breakfast and then started for Pakoda/pakota Point. The roads inside Yercaud are so small that barely one vehicle can go without any problems. If something comes from front then you are gone. There is no footpath as such. Both the sides of the road are either fenced or compound exists.

Some pics from Pakoda/Pakota point.

Yercaud should be savoured like any good hill station or a beach!! Doing in one day on a bike is feasible but you will not enjoy the beauty of the place. Since there is nothing much to do in Yercaud, it is a good place to laze around. Carry a book and a binoculars. Go for small treks. Watch birds. The road is fantastic......specailly after Hosur.

So After we saw the Pagoda/Pakota Point we went for Ladies seat(this is similar to Pakoda point) and Rose Garden.

At the ladies seat we can see the Hair pin bends(if you zoom your camera).

Some snaps of the same

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fauji (Post 2142251)
Yercaud should be savoured like any good hill station or a beach!! Doing in one day on a bike is feasible but you will not enjoy the beauty of the place. Since there is nothing much to do in Yercaud, it is a good place to laze around. Carry a book and a binoculars. Go for small treks. Watch birds. The road is fantastic......specailly after Hosur.

Absolutely right. You should not be in a hurry whenever you are going for a trip.

So after we finished this Ladies seat and Rose Garden we went to SHERVAROYAN temple and SRI CHAKRA MAHA MERU TEMPLE.

The view from Shervaroyan was amazing and breath taking.

It seems that the Sri chakra Maha Meru has the biggest Sri chakra in the world. and it is true. This is because for a 4 inch Sri chakra pooja has to be done 4 times a day and till now that was biggest sri chakra I had seen. After seeing this one I was shocked. It is almost 2 feet in height and man it is awesome. There are so many purohits to do pooja for that. They have a separate house( A big one)