Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2010, 16:09   #16
Team-BHP Support

The place looks awesome. The bird snap is very nice indeed.
Old 22nd November 2010, 14:45   #17
BHPian

Excellent photos. Keep them coming. By the way which hotel did you stay @ Tarkarli ? How did you book it ? Could you share the details please.
Old 23rd November 2010, 13:25   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udaygk77 View Post
Both the Ghat sections between Nippani - Phonda & Amoboli - Belgaum are in good condition [ i read queries by various members from Pune & Mumbai towards Goa]. Both routes took us 3.5hrs non stop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by udaygk77 View Post
From chikkodi to Niappani around 20kms of travel is through bad roads which took us anywhere between 45mins to 1hr.
From Nippani beneath the NH4 flyover passes the road to Radhanagari.
udaygk77 Nice travellogue. Great photos. Interesting to read about this route via phondaghat to cut across from NH4 to NH17 avoiding going through Kolhapur city.

regards
Old 23rd December 2014, 11:35   #19
BHPian

Road Trip from Bangalore to Malvan

Friends,
We are planning to drive down from Bangalore to Malvan. This would be a family trip. Wanted to know a few quick things before I embark on this trip.
We plan to leave Bangalore on 27th noon and spend the night at either Hubli or Dharwad. The plan is to reach Malvan by early evening on 28th Dec.

Few Q's
Which is the best route for this drive? We are travelling with kids so any references to decent restaurants would be helpful. Also, any other places around Malvan that we can drive and stay for a couple of days?

Any additional details would be fantastic.
Old 8th January 2015, 10:42   #20
BHPian

Re: Road Trip from Bangalore to Malvan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallik9 View Post
Friends,
We are planning to drive down from Bangalore to Malvan. This would be a family trip. Wanted to know a few quick things before I embark on this trip.
We plan to leave Bangalore on 27th noon and spend the night at either Hubli or Dharwad. The plan is to reach Malvan by early evening on 28th Dec.

Few Q's
Which is the best route for this drive? We are travelling with kids so any references to decent restaurants would be helpful. Also, any other places around Malvan that we can drive and stay for a couple of days?

Any additional details would be fantastic.
I do not know if my reply is late.

From Belgaon take Jamboti -Chorla Road to get into Goa and then exit Goa via Mapusa - Patradevi road. When in Maharashtra continue on Partadevi Zarap road and NH17 thereafter, till you reach Kasal and at Kasal take left to Malvan.

This will be fastest option and best road conditions.

You need to pay Rs. 250 when you enter Goa but they refund amount if you leave Goa within 4 hours. From Chorla Entry till Patradevi Exit should not take more than 1 hour. So you can stop in Goa for Lunch / dinner at Mapusa or better place at Konkan Kinara just 2 km before Patradevi and then proceed.
Old 12th May 2016, 11:13   #21
BHPian

Re: Magficient Malvan

I am planning for a Hyderabad -> Malvan -> Goa -> Hyderabad Trip. I would appreciate inputs on the following i.e.
a) Please find below the suggested route by google maps. Any comments on this will be appreciated.
b) Any pointers to hotels in Malvan.
Attached Thumbnails
Magficient Malvan-hmgh.jpg  

Old 12th May 2016, 11:21   #22
BHPian

Re: Road Trip from Bangalore to Malvan

Wonderful thread backed with awesome images.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANPUSH View Post
I do not know if my reply is late.

From Belgaon take Jamboti -Chorla Road to get into Goa and then exit Goa via Mapusa - Patradevi road. When in Maharashtra continue on Partadevi Zarap road and NH17 thereafter, till you reach Kasal and at Kasal take left to Malvan.

This will be fastest option and best road conditions.

You need to pay Rs. 250 when you enter Goa but they refund amount if you leave Goa within 4 hours.
From what I heard in the recent past, the Rs. 250 handback is done only if you enter Goa from NH and exit on the NH. Any other entry/exits are not eligible for the cash back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpkbehera View Post
Any pointers to hotels in Malvan.
There are quite a few. Last month when i visited Malvan I stayed at Grande Vista Tarkali. Simple but superb place in terms of comfort, relaxation, beach proximity and last but not the least FOOD.
Don't expect the Goa kind of accommodation in Malvan. Most of the ones in Malvan are cozy types with local food etc. Frequent power cuts are also a norm. Should not impact you unless you plan to stay indoors for the most part.

Last edited by @Chaand : 12th May 2016 at 11:28.
@Chaand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2016, 11:22   #23
BHPian

The alternative route is this i.e.
Attached Thumbnails
Magficient Malvan-hmgh_1.jpg  

Old 12th May 2016, 12:50   #24
BHPian

Did some more research and after getting inputs, the below route seems to be the best one. The advantage is that this is a known route. Also the journey to and from would be almost similar in terms of the route. The only grey area would be the route Belgaum-Amboli-Sawantwadi-Malvan. Any pointers will be appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Magficient Malvan-hmgh_final.jpg  

Old 30th May 2017, 11:53   #25
BHPian

Bumping up an old thread. I am specifically looking for suggestions for a itinerary @Konkan from Hyderabad. A quick search indicates that Hyderabad -> Belgavi -> Amboli -> Malvan -> Ratnagiri -> Ganpati Phule -> Kolhapur -> Hyderabad may be suitable. Any inputs/suggestions will be appreciated.
Old 4th June 2017, 13:39   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpkbehera View Post
Bumping up an old thread. I am specifically looking for suggestions for a itinerary @Konkan from Hyderabad. A quick search indicates that Hyderabad -> Belgavi -> Amboli -> Malvan -> Ratnagiri -> Ganpati Phule -> Kolhapur -> Hyderabad may be suitable. Any inputs/suggestions will be appreciated.
Yes Ganpatipule is a good option , you can even think of Malvan too, both of them being same distance from Hyderabad around 700kms. Between ganpatipule & Malvan there are good amount of konkan beach options.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks