Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2010, 21:53   #1
BHPian

Historical and Religious Trip (Delhi, Agra, Mathuya, Vrindavan)

A long awaited trip, after many tiresome months at work. It all started when I casually entered a week's vacation in November in our leave calendar, back in September. The venue was undecided back then, but did not take much time to decide to visit my dad in Delhi. Wifey had expressed her wish to visit Agra few months back (when in US), so it was not tough to decide the trip itinerary. Called Air India and booked tickets for Delhi (thanks to my dad's job, I get the free air tickets). Here is the trip plan we have decided so far.

20 Nov - Kolkata to Delhi
21 Nov - Early morning train to Agra (Bhopal Satabdi)
22 Nov - In Agra
23 Nov - Agra to Mathura, to Vrindavan
24 Nov - Evening back to Delhi
25 to 26 Nov - In Delhi
27 Nov - Back to Kolkata

We are eagerly awaiting this trip. Only 48 hours left to start, and already feeling the excitment. Any suggestions of the trip would be highly appreciated . Pics will follow soon.
Old 17th November 2010, 22:08   #2
BHPian

The only advice that I can give you is - 'don't forget to take the camera along with you'

Meanwhile, I'll be eagerly looking forward for your travelogue and pictures.

Drive safe and have fun brother.

Best Regards,
Surviving Brain
Old 17th November 2010, 22:58   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surviving Brain View Post
The only advice that I can give you is - 'don't forget to take the camera along with you'
Thats the first thing I am going to pack; my Canon DSLR. One more interesting point about this trip; we are visiting the Taj on 21st, which coincidentally happened to be the full moon night, when visitors are allowed to see Taj at night. But I guess I would need a tripod to take the perfect shot, which currently I am not having with me. I should have bought one earlier .
Old 17th November 2010, 23:09   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by buntydey View Post
Thats the first thing I am going to pack; my Canon DSLR. One more interesting point about this trip; we are visiting the Taj on 21st, which coincidentally happened to be the full moon night, when visitors are allowed to see Taj at night.
You're really luck brother. I do really envy you.

Quote:
But I guess I would need a tripod to take the perfect shot, which currently I am not having with me. I should have bought one earlier.
Hmmm. It seems that we're in same boat.

I don't have tripod.So, I always make sure that I use the walls, chairs and all to place my camera and it really helps me to get decent long exposure shots.

Best Regards,
Surviving Brain
Old 18th November 2010, 00:13   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thats the first thing I am going to pack; my Canon DSLR. One more interesting point about this trip; we are visiting the Taj on 21st, which coincidentally happened to be the full moon night, when visitors are allowed to see Taj at night. But I guess I would need a tripod to take the perfect shot, which currently I am not having with me. I should have bought one earlier .
PM me if you need any sort of assistance in Agra.

Also keep in mind that the Taj full moon night tickets are not available just like that. You have to book much in advance and I fear being peak season you may not get it. Just for your information.

Better you go early morning.
Old 18th November 2010, 00:23   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post

Also keep in mind that the Taj full moon night tickets are not available just like that. You have to book much in advance and I fear being peak season you may not get it. Just for your information.

Better you go early morning.
Yes, I heard that one need to buy them one day in advance. I am planning to do that on 22nd night, and buy the ticket on 21st morning. Lets hope for the best. BTW, are you the one who is in indiamike?
Old 18th November 2010, 00:46   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
(thanks to my dad's job, I get the free air tickets).
Wish all the dad's had such job.

+1 to what vkochar said.

I wish you could post your itinerary in detail, like what all you wish to see these places. I am sure its going to be more than just Taj in Agra.

Would be looking for your pics, especially the moonlit Taj.
Old 18th November 2010, 07:49   #8
Team-BHP Support

Apart from the Taj, you can also plan to visit the temple at Dayalbagh.
Old 18th November 2010, 08:46   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, I heard that one need to buy them one day in advance. I am planning to do that on 22nd night, and buy the ticket on 21st morning. Lets hope for the best. BTW, are you the one who is in indiamike?
Hope you get your tickets. Usually the expensive tour companies buy the whole lot a few weeks back so getting one would be tough. Anyways maybe you are right. Have never visited during the night.

Yes, I am on Indiamike
Old 18th November 2010, 13:03   #10
BHPian

Imperial Delhi and imperial Agra

>>>

You can do Delhi in a day or you might do it in a hundred: there is so much to see and absorb in this our city that has almost no rival, except perhaps Rome.

In Delhi you can do only so much in two days, being a mix and match of the usual suspects such as :

- Lalkot/Qutb complex near Mehrauli ( the Qutb, the Quwwat-ul-Islam, Zafar Mahal, Jamali Kamali etc.)
- Tughluqabad & Firoz Shah Tughluq's imperious tomb, in Tughluqabad
- Jahanpanah-Bijay Mandal near Panchsheel Club
- Shahjahanbad comprising the Lal Qila, Jama Masjid & Salimgarh fort
- Old Fort/Shergarh/Dinpanah complex (comprising Purana Qila, Sher Mandal etc)
- Siri and Hauz Khas
- Humayun's Tomb & the Nizamuddin complex
- British New Delhi
- Civil Lines

One can go on and on- and I haven't mentioned Peer Ghaib or Khirki Masjid or St. James Church or scores of other lesser known but equally interesting places!

On a slightly lesser scale is the other imperial city - Agra, with Akbar's magnificent mausoleum at Sikandra, the Itmad-ud Daulah, and nearby the Fatehpur Sikri.

Regards
Take your pick.

P.S. : The term Siri seems to come from the mountains of Mongol heads that Alauddin Khilji had piled up to deter Mongol invasion attempts-interesting if true!
Old 18th November 2010, 23:26   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by issigonis View Post
>>>

You can do Delhi in a day or you might do it in a hundred: there is so much to see and absorb in this our city that has almost no rival, except perhaps Rome.
Thanks issigonis for your inputs. Actually for Delhi, we plan to do a one day sightseeing tour; either with the new Hop-on-hop-off bus (not sure if they can manage a half-hour intervals, considering the Delhi traffic), or by hiring an Indigo. Rest one and a half day we plan to relax, go shopping, dinner with Dad, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Usually the expensive tour companies buy the whole lot a few weeks back so getting one would be tough.
You are right; never thought that way. I went through many posts in Indiamike, but I guess no one ever this serious issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaureanBull View Post
I am sure its going to be more than just Taj in Agra.

Would be looking for your pics, especially the moonlit Taj.
Yes, definitely it is not going to be Taj alone. I will try to list down my plan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Apart from the Taj, you can also plan to visit the temple at Dayalbagh.
Well, here is what I have planned. On 21st morning, reach Agra, and visit Fatehpur Sikri, Sikandara, Agra Fort, and evening at Taj. Hotel is already booked, so no head-ache in finding one. Next day, early morning trip to Taj. From there, we plan to visit Itmad-ud-daulah and then Dayalbagh. In the evening, we plan to see the Taj Nature walk, and then see the sound and light at Agra fort in the evening. Then comes the grand moment (if luck is on my side) to see the Taj in the moon-light; else we have to satisfy ourselves by seeing it from our hotel. So far, this is the plan. Any suggestions?
Old 19th November 2010, 20:09   #12
BHPian

All right guys, all set to start tomorrow morning. I am yet to start packing my stuff, as I am too lazy after a long day at office. I am not sure if I would be able to access TBhp until I come back, but rest assured, will be posting the pics soon. Eagerly waiting to capture some stunning beauty of India.

Last edited by buntydey : 19th November 2010 at 20:10.
Old 28th November 2010, 11:29   #13
BHPian

Finally I am back to Cal after a long and superb vacation. Pics to follow soon, as all are in RAW format and I am yet to convert them.
Old 3rd December 2010, 20:51   #14
BHPian

Sorry for the long wait. I have finally managed to covert all my images. Here are the pics of the Taj to start with. Trip report will follow soon.

Conventional pic of the Taj

Historical and Religious Trip (Delhi, Agra, Mathuya, Vrindavan)-_mg_1227.jpg

Historical and Religious Trip (Delhi, Agra, Mathuya, Vrindavan)-_mg_1266.jpg

Historical and Religious Trip (Delhi, Agra, Mathuya, Vrindavan)-_mg_1274_1.jpg

The rear west minar of the Taj

Historical and Religious Trip (Delhi, Agra, Mathuya, Vrindavan)-_mg_1284.jpg

Taj view from our hotel room early in the morning.

Historical and Religious Trip (Delhi, Agra, Mathuya, Vrindavan)-_mg_1405.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks