Team-BHP - Bangalore-Raichak (West Bengal) Jan 2011
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Travelogues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/)
-   -   Bangalore-Raichak (West Bengal) Jan 2011 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/92362-bangalore-raichak-west-bengal-jan-2011-a.html)

Phase 1- Planning

The road trip from Bangalore to Raichak, West Bengal is on the cards during Jan 2011.

Objective of the trip- attending a friend's marriage. (or I should say attending the marriage is just a cover up lol: and the main objective is cross country drive)

Travelers (Partners in Crime)- Sorabh (aka drive_or_die)- Primary Driver:D , Krishna (aka Macha)-Navigator and Back up Driver & Krishna (aka Rao)-he wants to enjoy the trip from rear seat

Linguistic Capability- Hindi, English, Telugu, Kannada,Tamil & Punjabi (we need different linguistic skills to check on routes with people apart from our GPS enabled mobile phones)

Travel Horse- Chevrolet Optra Magnum LT2.0 TCDI (approx 9K on ODO)

The Route- The drive to Raichak is planned for 2days. The route would be-

Bangalore (0 KM)- Tirupati (A=257 KM)- Nellore (B=A+134 KM=391KM)- Vijaywada (C=B+278 KM=669 KM) Rajahmundry (D=C+155 KM=824KM)-Vizag (E=D+195 KM= 1019KM)-Bhubaneshwar (F=E+440 KM=1459KM)-Kolkata (G=F+471 KM=1930 KM) (via Cuttack, Bhadrakh, Khargapur)-Raichak (H=G+56 KM=1986 KM)

Drive Plan- As mentioned earlier, we plan to reach Raichak by end of 2nd day so we look forward to reach Vizag on Day 1. I understand that our Day 1 target seems agressive so we have Plan B of stopping over at Rajahmundry or even Vijaywada if circumstances force us to do so. As I said teh objective of the trip is to enjoy the drive & we are OK to reach the wedding venue little late (wedding is spread over 3 days & I only hope our friend, the groom, does not read this thread)

On day 1- We plan to start at 5:00 AM and reach Vizag by 10:00 PM, so it gives us 17 hours of drive & break time.

The dates: January 22, 2011 -leave Bangalore and come back by January 30, 2011

The plan is in very nascent stage and the same will be refined over the period of time & based on inputs from fellow BHPians.

Please share your input/comments on this plan and any suggestions are welcome in terms of route, hotels to stay & etc.

Thanks,
drive_or_die

I am very very jealous of you.

I always wanted to take up a cross country drive like this, but one thing or the other came up and messed up the plans!

This looks like an interesting drive. Plan well, plan again and then plan again :), drive safe and have fun!

All the best!

Awesome, I'm simply jealous, I'm sure you've done Bangalore Tirupathi the road is almost done, except that the traffic has no sense and people just drive on the wrong side of the road. Have a safe trip and do the rituals once your back. :) Pics and experience.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vasanthn21 (Post 2144984)
I am very very jealous of you.

I always wanted to take up a cross country drive like this, but one thing or the other came up and messed up the plans!

This looks like an interesting drive. Plan well, plan again and then plan again :), drive safe and have fun!

Thanks for your wishes!
All the best!

Yes, the emphasis is on planning right now. That is the other reason for initiating the thread. The most important part of planning is quality of inputs. So, I seek inputs from fellow BHPians :thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by kartikk (Post 2145047)
Awesome, I'm simply jealous, I'm sure you've done Bangalore Tirupathi the road is almost done, except that the traffic has no sense and people just drive on the wrong side of the road. Have a safe trip and do the rituals once your back. :) Pics and experience.

Yep, I visited Tirupathi in Sep 2010 & the roads were in good shape then and very true of traffic.agree:

Thanks for the wishes! The rituals will not have to wait for my return as I am planning to carry laptop & data card connection alongwith.

PS: This is my 50th post on TBHP :-) (only 2 smilies allowed, so used the text based smily)