Team-BHP - Weekend at Diveagar
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Travelogues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/)
-   -   Weekend at Diveagar (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/92511-weekend-diveagar.html)

A quick trip to Diveagar

We started at 9.30am from Navimumbai towards Diveagar..

Took JNPT road from Panvel circle and then NH17 vial karnala, pen..

Road till Pen is usual with bad patches, Trucks & slow traffic

NH 17 after Pen is better ..could cruise at 70s..

Took a Sharbat break at 12 and turned right towards Mhasla (SH97)

SH 97 no/low traffic, unwinding road through hills, water bodies ...good view of lush greenery

Reached Diveagar (Rs14 entry/parking charges by Diveagar panchayat)..

Quick darshan at Swarnaganpati temple (Open till 8pm)

Drive through narrow streets, mud road to beach..

Road halt at green patch with narrow opening..

We stopped and walked through the opening

Wow.. amazing.. huge "U"shaped bay with serene, calm beach with no shops (except one tender coconut vendor)

8 year old daughter tried comparing Diveagar with Kashid....

50 plus crowd on saturday is lost in the vast beach.. this is our own beach ...

Shallow clean water, no/low waves (walked into water for 300 approx meters and only waist deep)

Funtime till 4.30, started back home

reached home at 8.50pm

Konkan is kindling interest (Khashid, Diveagar, Goa, Gokarn, Malpe...next?)

Hi

Konkan belt has some wonderful beaches viz. Alibaug, Kashid, Nagaon, Diveagar, Harihareshwar, Murud-Janjira, Ganpatipule, Tarkarli, Sidhudurg-Vijaydurg, Devbagh (malvan), Vengurla, Goa (North & South), Devbagh (Sadashivghad), Karwar, Gokarn, Murudeshwar, Marvanthe, Gangolli, Malpe, Kaup...

We have been to all these, but these never fail to amaze me.

Nice pics and nice trip, Maylsamy. Diveagar is a nice place to spend a day or two. MTDC has a good resort on the beach itself. The beach is quite clean too!

We found the approach roads to the village in a dismal state in many places and was very frustrating to drive through. The road work is still going on since three years.....

I feel Shrivardhan beach is a bit better than Diveagar.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevy_lover (Post 2148978)
Nice pics and nice trip, Maylsamy. Diveagar is a nice place to spend a day or two. MTDC has a good resort on the beach itself. The beach is quite clean too!

We found the approach roads to the village in a dismal state in many places and was very frustrating to drive through. The road work is still going on since three years.....

I feel Shrivardhan beach is a bit better than Diveagar.

Man ! Where have you been? Totally out of the scene! Great to see you back.

The Chevy_Lover resurfaces. Just in time. I'm planning on a tapri meet in Chandni chowk. Hope to see you there.

And the approach roads to village is not so bad. I drove couple of weekends back to Diveagar. Mhasala to Diveagar road is good till last 7 - 8 kms.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MX6 (Post 2149008)
The Chevy_Lover resurfaces. Just in time. I'm planning on a tapri meet in Chandni chowk. Hope to see you there.

And the approach roads to village is not so bad. I drove couple of weekends back to Diveagar. Mhasala to Diveagar road is good till last 7 - 8 kms.

Great to be back here, MX6. Thanks for the update on the road conditions, friend. Maybe they repaired it after three years of 'hard work'! I read about the meet Star and you arranged in Kaas. I wish I were there! Let me see about this upcoming meet!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ampere (Post 2148986)
Man ! Where have you been? Totally out of the scene! Great to see you back.

I was always here, Ampere. I have been regularly browsing T-BHP on my mobile. I was too lazy to switch on my laptop! :D

The snap of the dog enjoying the water too good!
Even the road conditions look very good indeed.

Hi amp.

The road from Mangoan to Diveagar is good, except few km's around Mhasla..

It was a saturday and not more than 50+ of us and a canine enjoying the water...

Let me visit Shrivardhan and revert to Chevvy lover

It's one of my favourite spot for a weekend short drive. The beaches are clean no tapri/shops which in turn keeps it clean. It's almost a year now since i last visited.Hope maylsamy doesn't mind if i post a few pics. Too lazy to write a travelogue stupid:.

Hmm i guess i missed the parasailing @ Diveagar last time.
However, managed to spend glorious time with bonfire on beach.