Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2011, 08:04   #31
BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Nilambur - Malappuram - Kottakkal - Edapal - Guruvayur

Quote:
Originally Posted by gops2009 View Post
The road is by and large good except for a short but terrible stretch inside Mudumalai santuary.

We got to see a herd of wild elephants in Bandipur as a Bonus.

I usually do this Calicut route 4-5 times a year and take about 7 to 7.5 hours ( Gate to Gate) but this time around I took 11 hours each way!! it was too beautiful a route to just drive past.
Which is the Mudumulai stretch that you found terrible? I dont recall such a stretch.

Glad to know that you met a herd of wild elephants. We managed just one, that too just for couple of mintues before it walked off. My father-in-law was desperately looking for some more elephants

We also took almost 12 hours to reach Bangalore but it was worth it. As you rightly said, too beautiful to just drive through without enjoying the scenic beauty around you.
Old 21st August 2011, 13:24   #32
BHPian

This is the stretch beginning near the Peacock Dormitory, in Mudumalai ( or is it Bandipur??), though this is a short stretch, it does not seem new and I had my car bottoming in one of the craters
Old 16th September 2011, 18:18   #33
BHPian

Did someone take this route recently. I will be using this route in the last week of September
Old 25th September 2011, 12:53   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoise View Post
Did someone take this route recently. I will be using this route in the last week of September
Hi
Did the Bangalore- Gudalpet- Gudaloor-Nilambur - Calicut stretch on the 14th sept, this road is still in prertty good dhape, I returned to Bangalore through Sultan Battery, it in a really bad shape, anyof the BHpians panning to take the Battery route to Clicut , please take note.

Tortoise, hope this info helps, there are sections entoute to Nilabur where the road is damaged , this has happend over the last 3 weeks as I has been on this route 3 weeks back too, but it is still very manageable.
gops2009 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2016, 21:57   #35

Hello,

Myself wife and kid (5 years) are planning for a weekend drive to Thirumandhamkunnu temple this Saturday and from there continue to Calicut. I am planning to take the below route and would like to hear from the veterans about the road conditions.

Leaving from Electronic City at around 12 PM and plan is to reach Perinthalmanna by 10 PM

Vehicle XUV500

Bangalore - Mysore - Gundlupete - Gudalur - Nilambur - Perinthalmanna
Old 1st January 2019, 18:32   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shavian View Post
Hello,

Myself wife and kid (5 years) are planning for a weekend drive to Thirumandhamkunnu temple this Saturday and from there continue to Calicut. I am planning to take the below route and would like to hear from the veterans about the road conditions.
Did you visit the temple? My mom wants to visit but I am skeptical after reading reviews that one has to climb 108 steps. Was wondering if there are other entrances where one doesn't need to climb.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks