Team-BHP - USA - 7 States - North to South - Welcome to Miami.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Travelogues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/)
-   -   USA - 7 States - North to South - Welcome to Miami. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/92901-usa-7-states-north-south-welcome-miami.html)

Hello friends,
I am excited to attempt a travelogue of my longest drive ever.

Event: Thanksgiving long weekend.

Car: Ford Tauras (on popular demand, but my personal choice was the Cadillac CTS)

Total Distance Travelled (back & forth): 2472 Miles (3978 kms)

Total Fuel consumed: Don't know & don't care
It said 22 miles to the gallon , and the trip meter read 2472 miles. Do the math.

I had planned to visit relatives in Georgia (GA).
Instead of being a pain in their behinds for 4 days,
I had Will Smith convince me to a few good things he
had to say about Miami - The City that keeps the roof blazing.
Check it out. At 1:11 you can see Eva Mendes.

YouTube - Will Smith - Miami

To be continued....

wow,
Miami,
Post lot of Miami pics,
waiting for more.

Great. The change in climate and scenery would have been amazing. I am waiting for north/south carolina pics. Heard those states are really scenic.

Doing a LeBron?

Quote:

Originally Posted by aargee (Post 2157283)
Err...I think 2472 mi equates to 3978 odd Kms. Its 116 Kms more than 3862 isn't it? Or am I missing something?

Source - Miles to Kilometers (miles to km) conversion calculator

Shucks. I wanted to cut 72 off due to internal travel and stick to 2400 but I guess I messed up with the miles part. I'll ask the mods to change

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD (Post 2157353)
wow,
Miami,
Post lot of Miami pics,
waiting for more.

I will try as many as possible. But it is best viewed in real life :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteKnight (Post 2157363)
Great. The change in climate and scenery would have been amazing. I am waiting for north/south carolina pics. Heard those states are really scenic.

It was a pleasant change and we were lucky as well. The day we left from Miami to home it was pouring in and around Miami + central Florida.

About the Carolina states, I found the Virgina states to be very beautiful and curvilacious. It was a brilliant drive testing your car over the curves and the speed limit too was generous. 70 mph max in every state except OH.

Saw this beauty in Daytona.

Quote:

Originally Posted by prince_pervez (Post 2157478)
Shucks. I wanted to cut...the mods to change

lol: its not a sin though!!! We can live with it!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by prince_pervez (Post 2157478)
70 mph max in every state except OH.

I guess the limit would've been 55 or so isn't it? Did you know that the cops catch the speed violaters through copters in the state of OH? So even a radar detection device/cop detector will not be of much help.

Hey @Prince, Did you visit Space club at downtown? Heard that the best dance floor in US and visited last summer.
Sorry for this OT though. :)

Reisender

Quote:

Originally Posted by aargee (Post 2157491)
I guess the limit would've been 55 or so isn't it? Did you know that the cops catch the speed violaters through copters in the state of OH? So even a radar detection device/cop detector will not be of much help.

In OH the maximum limit is 65. In the rest of the states visited by me I saw the maximum of 70 mph. Yes in every state they enforce speed limits using speed detecting units, unmarked cars and by air surveillance.
Florida you cannot escape the cops. They are everywhere. I saw a Ferrari just let go of the throttle for 2-3 seconds in Miami city, and there was a cop waiting with 1-2 wails of siren and lights on. Virginia and West Virginia the cop presence is less. OH is decent. Carolinas is almost absent.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reisender (Post 2157495)
Hey @Prince, Did you visit Space club at downtown? Heard that the best dance floor in US and visited last summer.
Sorry for this OT though. :)

Reisender

You mean Space Miami ? Some bachelors who came a day after us went and spent a fortune there. They had a lot to talk about it :D. We headed to Nikki as it was right next to South Beach Marriott, only to find out that it was ladies night only. We saw some great looking ladies clad in only white. I guess that was the theme. In Miami everystreet is like a fashion show ramp. Beautiful people everywhere. A lot of European presence and electric mood.

Good night. More tomorrow.

Few picutures of the twisties in West Virginia.

Roads and view of North Carolina. In the first picture, if you see closely, you will see there are slits on the road between the yellow line and the guard railing. When the someone ventures off the road that is the first warning the road gives to the driver. There is a Hundai Genesis as well in there and 4 laned roads are a blessing anywhere.

Nothing like NC! Loved the greens and long walks around Raleigh/Durham.

@ampere: You in RDU area?

Love the weather around NC and south of it. Miami will be a next stop for the feb season of the trance concerts.

The gto looks awesome

Don't you find that its so much fun and so much boredom at the same time when driving on these roads

Quote:

Originally Posted by bblost (Post 2158605)
Don't you find that its so much fun and so much boredom at the same time when driving on these roads

Honestly speaking, I do not feel bored of driving. And you will not believe I did not give the wheel to my friend even for a single second. I loved every bit of driving. Especially in the nights everyone is very disciplined due to lack of visibility of both roads and cops.

shucks..I cud've joined you if i was in GA..I am temporarily in Mississippi..I've done the ATL-Miami drive multiple times and don't mind doing it again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bblost (Post 2158605)

+1; its not immediate, but after sometime, it would become a boredom in due course of time. Simply keep at the steering & staring the road.

Yes, twisties would be little different experience. I agree.

Pics have come out good @Prince; keep them coming.