Team-BHP - Skandagiri trek photologue
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Travelogues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/)
-   -   Skandagiri trek photologue (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/92917-skandagiri-trek-photologue.html)

Dear friends,

we held a small trek to Skanadagiri through BASC(Bangalore ascenders) on 28th Nov.

Though earlier it was planned to limit the group to 25, at the meeting place we realised 53 people turned up.

skandagiri is around 55 Kms from bangalore and very close to Nandi hills.
Ideally this place offers breathtaking sunrise views and is moderate level
for trekking.

We all met opp to Esteem Mall at 10.30 pm on Sat night and looking at that big crowd all the ongoing traffic were stopping thinking there was some accident and later this big group attracted police also.

so we dint have any time to do any briefing of introduction and asked the whole team to reach the nandi hills road juntion which deviates from NH.

There were 2 enfields ( one was mine ) and 3 cars in total and rest were 2 wheelers ranging from Honda activa to 100cc bikes to the FZ's and hunks.

we reached early and tood near the junction so that no one would miss that turn and once again we were troubled by the local poice threatining us and using foul language ( there were drunk ).

Hence we had ask the team to keep moving till the yoga nandishwara temple where we would again reassemble.

We soon headed towards skandagiri, though we wasted sometime in deciding to go to channagiri or skandagiri.

meanwhile police caught 2 of our bikes and my friend forgot to carry his wallet and dint have a copy of his DL, paid 100 rs to police and moved ahead.

reached the base by 1pm parked all our vehicles and we had made arrangements for guide and also for watching our vehicles.

we took 3-4 hours to reach the top and surprisingly some locals had put a small shed on top and were offering to set up small campfire to keep warm for 150rs and were selling bread omlette, maggie and hot tea.
we tasted all and sipped hot tea and had a small round of antakshari and suddenly we saw the first daylight breaking and everyone soon started to hold the best place available to witness the sunrise and all cameras came into actions

I could only hear the words "wow" "awesome" "sexy" and i also heard some silence without a word.

We enjoyed the view for over 2 hours and then ascended down back.
the return journey by bike was very lazy and all of us were feeling sleepy.

We stopped near kodigehalli for lunch and reached home by 2pm.

Some pics for quick look.
special thanks to Sathish R ( 3rd pic) for organising and Ravichandran (5th pic) for his photos

regards
Mohan ( last pic )

photo link
Picasa Web Albums - Ravi chandran - Skandagiri#

Last but one pic is awesome !! Good small and sweet travelogue. Waiting for more pics.

"WOW" 'AWESOME" I would repeat them.

Nice teasers there, I can't see all the snaps as Picassa is blocked in our office:Frustrati

Keep going, post more pics rather than link :)

Excellent photos... Some look dangerous :)

Wish I could do it one day.

Really looks as if one is above the clouds!

I dont know why, but the minute I saw the third photo, it immediately reminded of the movie "Bruce Almighty" If ever heaven's pic was published somewhere, it would be no different from this pic.

Just loved it
Thanks & regards

for those who cannot access the link, few more pics.

O man! What a great scene and how well captured. Awesome! Looks like a movie scene. As if all of you have gone to the kingdom of clouds.

Was it your luck that it was like that or is it a regular feature?

Amazing pictures Mohan , The 5th and 6th Photos in your #7 looks like a milky white ocean (abode of Vishnu). clap:

Not to be faulted, if one thinks of water and not clouds in those pictures. I believe it is worth the wait for your to capture those moments.

It would be great if you can share the details little more of the guide you arranged their for the others.

Excellent pics there ... some of my friends did this place but unfortunately their wait for clouds at sunrise was disappointing as clouds did not turn up that morning.
A similar incident happend with my cousine as well.

I guess trekkers need to keep their fingers crossed until sunrise :)

OMG!! You touched heaven, sorry you folks were in Heaven!! The pics are outstanding esp the mid-air leaps!!

I am going there next weekend for sure!!

Thanks for posting!

--Ragul

for more details please checkout bangalore ascenders website.
or you can contact sathishrx@gmail.com

Yes we were lucky to the clouds and a clear sunny day.
Mostly during Oct-Nov-Dec we can get such good views.

otherwise it is always cloudy.