Team-BHP - Micro-Travelogue : Devbagh Beach Resort at Karwar
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Travelogues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/)
-   -   Micro-Travelogue : Devbagh Beach Resort at Karwar (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/93140-micro-travelogue-devbagh-beach-resort-karwar.html)

I was always facinated by people who can say several things in a compact, short & sweet manner. It has been an ambition to post a travelogue in this manner, but till now i was not successful. Here is an attempt at it.

Actually i had no intention of publishing it. but the travelogue on Coastal Karnataka by aryasanyal motivated me to post some pictures in his travelogue.

Please refer to http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ka-week-3.html, read posts #34 & #36 to know see some more pictures of Karwar from my view.

Later on i thought if i put in all my pictures, then his log will not remain a log of his own family moments. So i decided to post these 80 pictures here in a Micro-travelogue. This is all about our well spent half day at Devbagh Beach Resort at Karwar.

I will seek permission from MODs for the back to back postings as I intend to finish this log tonight itself. If requred MODS can merge all these posts.

This was on your way to Goa right ? Will wait for the pics to do the talking.

We were at Goa for 4 days, couple of weeks ago
Micro-Travelogue : Devbagh Beach Resort at Karwar-001-we-were-goa-4-days-couple-weeks-ago.jpg

We were at Kenilworth & Royal Orchid on Utorda beach
Micro-Travelogue : Devbagh Beach Resort at Karwar-002-we-were-kenilworth-royal-orchid-resorts.jpg

It was for a big, fat, indian wedding on the beach in presense of elements viz sun, moon earth, sea, sand, close family and friends
Micro-Travelogue : Devbagh Beach Resort at Karwar-003-bigfatindian-wedding.jpg

Panaromic view of the baraat, we had some great fun and family time
Micro-Travelogue : Devbagh Beach Resort at Karwar-004-panaromic-view-barat.jpg

It was a three day affair about haldi-mehendi-sangeet-baraat-gurudwara wedding- beach front Hindu wedding - Western reception with lots of fun, rituals and food.
Micro-Travelogue : Devbagh Beach Resort at Karwar-005-three-day-affair.jpg

We saw sun set on Utorda beach
Micro-Travelogue : Devbagh Beach Resort at Karwar-006-we-saw-sun-set-uttorda-beach.jpg

We saw different hues of Utorda beach
Micro-Travelogue : Devbagh Beach Resort at Karwar-007-we-saw-different-hues-uttorda-beach.jpg

We wanted to go to the shak with the vew, but could not due to rituals and busy time from morning till midnight
Micro-Travelogue : Devbagh Beach Resort at Karwar-008-wanted-go-shack-view.jpg

I wanted to catch up with the silverlining during the moonwalk, but girls were busy with their own stuff.
Micro-Travelogue : Devbagh Beach Resort at Karwar-009-catchup-silver-lining-beach-but-we-could-not.jpg

While returning back to Bangalore only question in everyone's mind... When we will hit the beach ?
Micro-Travelogue : Devbagh Beach Resort at Karwar-010-while-returning-drive-interrupted-one-question.jpg

While returning, my co-brother, sister in law (wife's sister) and their son joined us in the car till midway (shimoga). My co-brother's son Chunnu and my daughter are a great pair.

Please read more about Chunnu and Munnu stories here. Read post #37, #49, #50 to know more about Chunnu & Munnu stories that have already been published here. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...meetha-11.html

So we stopped at Kali river bridge to have a look at the panaroma
Micro-Travelogue : Devbagh Beach Resort at Karwar-011-kali-river-bridge-panaroma.jpg

Sadashivgad-Kali river water front
Micro-Travelogue : Devbagh Beach Resort at Karwar-012-sadashivgad-water-front-hdr1.jpg

Zooming on to some Island
Micro-Travelogue : Devbagh Beach Resort at Karwar-013-some-island.jpg

and some back waters
Micro-Travelogue : Devbagh Beach Resort at Karwar-014-some-backwaters.jpg

We were on Kali bridge river entry at Sadashivgad
Micro-Travelogue : Devbagh Beach Resort at Karwar-015-kali-bridge-entry-sadashivgad.jpg

Then kids started asking again, when we will go to the beach ?. Our original plan was to go to Gokarn, but suddenly i remembered Devbagh beach resort.

So we took a U turn towards Goa, drove for 2-3 KMs then took a left turn from NH17, drove for another 4Kms to reach this place.
Micro-Travelogue : Devbagh Beach Resort at Karwar-016-we-drove-devbagh-beach-resort-took-left-nh17.jpg

The first view of the Devbagh beach
Micro-Travelogue : Devbagh Beach Resort at Karwar-017-first-view-beach.jpg

and some anchored boat
Micro-Travelogue : Devbagh Beach Resort at Karwar-018-some-anchored-boat.jpg

Fisherman's Cove
Micro-Travelogue : Devbagh Beach Resort at Karwar-019-fishermans-cove.jpg

Fishing activity seems to have just completed for the day. it was approx 11 AM
Micro-Travelogue : Devbagh Beach Resort at Karwar-020-fishing-activity-seems-just-completed-day.jpg

Devbagh is a fisherman's village
Micro-Travelogue : Devbagh Beach Resort at Karwar-021-devbagh-gaon.jpg

Kids wanted to hit the beach, do the boating etc as fast as possible
Micro-Travelogue : Devbagh Beach Resort at Karwar-022-kids-wanted-hit-beach.jpg

It was a long walk (in shades) to the beach resort
Micro-Travelogue : Devbagh Beach Resort at Karwar-023-long-walk-resort.jpg

First view of the resort
Micro-Travelogue : Devbagh Beach Resort at Karwar-024-first-view-resort.jpg

We negotiated a deal for for 4 adults plus 2 Kids for a walk-in guest package. It entitled us for a welcome drink, access to facilities inlcuding beach, cafeterias, bathrooms, toilets, recreation facilities, lunch plus a complimentory boat ride.

Welcome drink - Kokam and the other intoxication Kamera
Micro-Travelogue : Devbagh Beach Resort at Karwar-025-soft-intoxications-kokam-kamera.jpg

Children were busy with their on intoxications
Micro-Travelogue : Devbagh Beach Resort at Karwar-026-kids-intoxications.jpg

Chunnu and Munnu..playing with the swing
Micro-Travelogue : Devbagh Beach Resort at Karwar-027-chunnu-munnu.jpg

Then we saw the real HOT beach
Micro-Travelogue : Devbagh Beach Resort at Karwar-028-then-we-saw-real-hot-beach.jpg

where Rocky kisses Sandy
Micro-Travelogue : Devbagh Beach Resort at Karwar-029-where-rocky-kisses-sandy.jpg

This is how it looks like
Micro-Travelogue : Devbagh Beach Resort at Karwar-030-how-looks-like.jpg

Take a closer look at two Island Kurumgad & Sanyasi Islands. It appears one of these is a private property of a resort on that island
Micro-Travelogue : Devbagh Beach Resort at Karwar-031-take-closer-look-two-islands.jpg

Panaroma of Devbagh beach
Micro-Travelogue : Devbagh Beach Resort at Karwar-032-devbagh-beach-panaroma.jpg

Kids started playing in the sand
Micro-Travelogue : Devbagh Beach Resort at Karwar-033-playing-sand.jpg

Mothers stayed in the cool shade
Micro-Travelogue : Devbagh Beach Resort at Karwar-034-staying-cool-shade.jpg

Soon we hit the water, kids stared playing in the surprisingly cool water
Micro-Travelogue : Devbagh Beach Resort at Karwar-035-playing-cool-sea-water.jpg

Girls started watching some fishing activity
Micro-Travelogue : Devbagh Beach Resort at Karwar-036-watching-some-fishing-activity.jpg

We soon took a dip in the sea
Micro-Travelogue : Devbagh Beach Resort at Karwar-037-taking-dip-sea.jpg

and enjoyed some Dad-Kiddo moments
Micro-Travelogue : Devbagh Beach Resort at Karwar-038-enjoying-some-dadkid-moments.jpg

after a while we took the showers and relaxed in the shade till the lunch was served
Micro-Travelogue : Devbagh Beach Resort at Karwar-039-taking-shower-relaxing-sun-shade.jpg

Lunch and Assembly place at JLR Devbagh
Micro-Travelogue : Devbagh Beach Resort at Karwar-040-lunch-assembly-place-jlrdevbagh.jpg

Kitchen and waterhole
Micro-Travelogue : Devbagh Beach Resort at Karwar-041-kitchen-waterhole.jpg

Activities at JLR Devbagh, banana's are for free
Micro-Travelogue : Devbagh Beach Resort at Karwar-042-activities-jlr-bananas-free.jpg

After lunch activity
Micro-Travelogue : Devbagh Beach Resort at Karwar-043-after-lunch-activity.jpg

some Dad tried to put the kid to sleep
Micro-Travelogue : Devbagh Beach Resort at Karwar-044-some-dad-tried-put-kids-sleep.jpg

but good food, cool breeze and naughtly kids put the dads to sleep
Micro-Travelogue : Devbagh Beach Resort at Karwar-045-but-good-food-naughtly-kids-put-dads-sleep.jpg

when i woke up this was what i saw (this and the above pictures were taken by my daughter)
Micro-Travelogue : Devbagh Beach Resort at Karwar-046-when-i-woke-up-what-i-saw-girls-doing-catching.jpg

There were some shades for the Stewart Little as well.
Micro-Travelogue : Devbagh Beach Resort at Karwar-047-some-shades-stewart-little-too.jpg

After a lazy nap, we went aon a stroll on the beach
Micro-Travelogue : Devbagh Beach Resort at Karwar-048-after-nap-time-take-stroll.jpg

To meet some common citizens
Micro-Travelogue : Devbagh Beach Resort at Karwar-049-discover-common-citizens.jpg

and also some fellows
Micro-Travelogue : Devbagh Beach Resort at Karwar-050-discover-fellows.jpg

We also met Principal fellows
Micro-Travelogue : Devbagh Beach Resort at Karwar-051-discover-principal-fellows.jpg

and Distinguished Fellows
Micro-Travelogue : Devbagh Beach Resort at Karwar-052-discover-distinguished-fellows.jpg

We tried to leave our foot print, but canvas was huge, we were too small
Micro-Travelogue : Devbagh Beach Resort at Karwar-053-trying-leave-our-footprint.jpg

Soon we collected some tangibles..sea shells
Micro-Travelogue : Devbagh Beach Resort at Karwar-054-collecting-seashells.jpg

We also observed some team work
Micro-Travelogue : Devbagh Beach Resort at Karwar-055-discover-teamwork.jpg

Met with some Sea Artisans
Micro-Travelogue : Devbagh Beach Resort at Karwar-056-discover-sea-artisans.jpg

Tried to learn the "Art of Fishing", but no where successful
Micro-Travelogue : Devbagh Beach Resort at Karwar-057-trying-learn-what-strategy-catch-fish.jpg

got satisfied with seeing some FISH ART
Micro-Travelogue : Devbagh Beach Resort at Karwar-058-some-fish-art.jpg

Also got motivated by watching the Hardwork
Micro-Travelogue : Devbagh Beach Resort at Karwar-059-watching-hardwork.jpg

Also saw, it is good habit to relax for a while during the hard and long day
Micro-Travelogue : Devbagh Beach Resort at Karwar-060-discover-moment-relaxation-during-long-hard-day.jpg

We also learnt a bit about, how hard and difficult the life could be
Micro-Travelogue : Devbagh Beach Resort at Karwar-061-discover-how-hard-life-can-some-among-us.jpg

Went back to wet one's feet
Micro-Travelogue : Devbagh Beach Resort at Karwar-062-wetting-ones-feets-again.jpg

Enjoyed the evening breeze
Micro-Travelogue : Devbagh Beach Resort at Karwar-063-enjoying-breeze.jpg

Listening to the music of waves
Micro-Travelogue : Devbagh Beach Resort at Karwar-064-listen-waves.jpg

Waiting for the SUN to cool down a bit
Micro-Travelogue : Devbagh Beach Resort at Karwar-065-waiting-sun-cool-down.jpg

Then it was time for boating, walk towards the jetty was a long one
Micro-Travelogue : Devbagh Beach Resort at Karwar-066-then-time-boating.jpg

Kali river bridge from another perspective
Micro-Travelogue : Devbagh Beach Resort at Karwar-067-kali-bridge-another-perspective.jpg

Karwar beach from another angle
Micro-Travelogue : Devbagh Beach Resort at Karwar-068-karwar-beach-another-angle.jpg

While boating we saw couple of Dolphins, and re-discovered childhood again (I could not take pictures as i was very slow)
Micro-Travelogue : Devbagh Beach Resort at Karwar-069-redicovering-childhood-again.jpg

After 20 minutes boat ride, we came back to the Devbagh Jetty
Micro-Travelogue : Devbagh Beach Resort at Karwar-070-come-back-devbagh-traditional-way.jpg

This is how the traditional arrival looks like when you come from Kodibagh via boat.
Micro-Travelogue : Devbagh Beach Resort at Karwar-071-how-real-arrival-looks-like.jpg

About Devbagh and JLR
Micro-Travelogue : Devbagh Beach Resort at Karwar-072-about-devbagh-jlr.jpg

Beach resorts have some huts
Micro-Travelogue : Devbagh Beach Resort at Karwar-073-some-huts.jpg

some log huts
Micro-Travelogue : Devbagh Beach Resort at Karwar-074-some-log-huts.jpg

Some place for small activity/meetings
Micro-Travelogue : Devbagh Beach Resort at Karwar-075-some-place-meetings-activities.jpg

more huts, more are getting re-built
Micro-Travelogue : Devbagh Beach Resort at Karwar-076-some-more-huts.jpg

some tents
Micro-Travelogue : Devbagh Beach Resort at Karwar-077-some-tents.jpg

we laso saw some adventure group activity
Micro-Travelogue : Devbagh Beach Resort at Karwar-078-observing-some-groups-action.jpg

It was almost past 5PM, we walked back towards our parking location to find for some of us the day was approaching towards the end.
Micro-Travelogue : Devbagh Beach Resort at Karwar-079-we-walked-back-parking-discover-day-ending-few.jpg

But for us day was still young as we had another 500+ KMs to go before reaching home.
Micro-Travelogue : Devbagh Beach Resort at Karwar-080-but-us-day-still-young-we-had-another-500-km-drive-home.jpg

we stopped for a snack break at Kawar (road side cafe), after the snacks and coffee re-started by 6:30 PM.

Chunnu & Munnu with thier favourite - Icecreams and listening to some interesting story, while at the resturant in Karwar
Micro-Travelogue : Devbagh Beach Resort at Karwar-chunnumunnu-thier-favourite.jpg

Took a dinner break at Sagar at 10:30 PM. Reached Shimoga (Wife's aunt's place) by 11:59 PM. Slept for the night. Restarted again by 10 AM next day, after the breakfast the next day and returned home in Bangalore by 1 PM

Road conditions and other trip details are here (read post #1292), http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post2153536

Half day at Devbagh will remain in our memory for long long time to come. I enjoyed writing about it, hope you enjoy reading about it.

Devbagh is an awesome place SVB. Used to do the exact same thing when I used to be around Karwar. A brilliant and perfect for a day's picnic!

Nice captures.

Guys,

Correct me if I am wrong but as far as I know, based on my trip 5 years back, Devbagh is an island. From the log, it appears as if SV drove right up to the place!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by rk_sans (Post 2162789)
This was on your way to Goa right ? Will wait for the pics to do the talking.

As mentioned in the photologue, this visit to Devbagh was while returning from Goa

Quote:

Originally Posted by ampere (Post 2163030)
Devbagh is an awesome place SVB. Used to do the exact same thing when I used to be around Karwar. A brilliant and perfect for a day's picnic!

Nice captures.

During 1985 once we had done a ferry (deep sea fishing boat) trip from Gangavali (near Gokarna) to Anjudiv Island to Karwar. It was an amazing trip. We were some 15 families, some 50 odd people including kids.
We started early morning from home at Gokarna and boarded the boat at Gangavali at 7 AM, ~3 hours ride to Anjudiv, spent some 1+ hours in Anjudiv, then landed in Karwar port , had lunch, visisted the beach etc, returned to Gokarna by KSRTC bus.

it was one of the most memorable one day picnics we ever had those days. Now Anjudiv is beyond the access to general public.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cool_dube (Post 2163408)
Guys,

Correct me if I am wrong but as far as I know, based on my trip 5 years back, Devbagh is an island. From the log, it appears as if SV drove right up to the place!!!

Hi Cool_dube

I am adding a google map image of Karwar and have mentioend some pointers for you to understand.

Micro-Travelogue : Devbagh Beach Resort at Karwar-devbagh-location.jpg

Devbagh is part of main land. Kurumgad and Sanjyasi are the two islands visible from Karwar/Devbagh.

Cool Dube,

Devbagh is a part of the main land (as SVB mentioned) and not an island. But yes, they (JLR) do prefer to park vehicles below the bridge and transport you through a ferry.

I think the other road was initially in-accessible (not sure about it, but was aware of its presence)

SVB, that must have been one amazing trip through the blue. Now talks are the sea-bird project is going to divert NH17 itself, forget the water route!

The position of the Naval base and Anjidiv island is factually incorrect in the previous image posted by me. My apologies. rest of the info about Devbagh is correct anyway.

I am adding here the correct one from the google map, there are a bit to the south than what i (incorrectly) mentioned in the earlier image.

Micro-Travelogue : Devbagh Beach Resort at Karwar-karwar-beach-overview.jpg

Position A is the Anjidiv island.

@ampere :
Naval base is a strategic defense need of the country. We all know that the safety, security of our nation comes first and foremost as everything viz. peace, stability, economy, progress, development, social life etc etc depends on it.

Project like Seabird Naval base will have several impacts viz Geographical, Ecological, Enviornmental, Social, Political, Investment related, Citizen Vs Govt vs Defense related issues, etc etc. Impact on the roads, forests, sea ecology, people living in the vicinity etc etc are in-evitable and are part of the larger impact interms of costs Vs benefit debate.

Anyway, i am a very small individual to air my opinion on this strategic program. I would leave it to the wiser group of people leading or governing the project.

Boy oh boy, I love these big fat Indian weddings with festivities taking place along a beach. Takes me back a year when we'd great times at a 3 day wedding affair arranged within The Lalit, Goa.

Hey SVB, thanks for the lovely pics & the feeling of nostalgia setting in me. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by ampere (Post 2163555)
Devbagh is a part of the main land (as SVB mentioned) and not an island. But yes, they (JLR) do prefer to park vehicles below the bridge and transport you through a ferry.

I think the other road was initially in-accessible (not sure about it, but was aware of its presence)

This is news to me. Does it mean that I can drive right up to the JLR Devbagh property and stay there rather than taking the ferry/boat from the mainland jetty?

Quote:

Originally Posted by cool_dube (Post 2164842)
This is news to me. Does it mean that I can drive right up to the JLR Devbagh property and stay there rather than taking the ferry/boat from the mainland jetty?

I can imagine the reason for your disbelief.

the following image on the nevalink website of Devbagh beach resort presents it as a Island.

Micro-Travelogue : Devbagh Beach Resort at Karwar-nevalink-website-devbagh-beach-resort.jpg

Your repeat question tells me that it is time you drive down to Devbagh beach resort and experience it again. anyway your last time was 5 years ago.

Go ahead, Have fun.

Nice Pics there SV,

As usual a great description of the destination. Place looks amazing for a family vacation,

Devbagh is amazing place. One of the fond memories of our trip to this place is the sun setting between the two hillocks in the sea which was just beautiful. I am not sure whether you were able to get a chance. Another thing most of us miss out is the beautiful sun rise over western ghats with Kali river in the foreground which is again is a beautiful sight. One needs to get up early for this and morning walk on Devbagh beach is simply meditative!!