Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2010, 09:30   #16
BHPian

Re: It pays to be in heaven- ( LAHAUL SPITI)

NOW LET THE PICTURES DO THE TALKING..
first pic shows what difference rohtang make to your..
It pays to be in heaven- ( LAHAUL SPITI)-imag0177.jpg

It pays to be in heaven- ( LAHAUL SPITI)-imag0181.jpg

It pays to be in heaven- ( LAHAUL SPITI)-imag0199.jpg

It pays to be in heaven- ( LAHAUL SPITI)-imag0210.jpg

It pays to be in heaven- ( LAHAUL SPITI)-imag0241.jpg

It pays to be in heaven- ( LAHAUL SPITI)-imag0234.jpg

It pays to be in heaven- ( LAHAUL SPITI)-imag0249.jpg

It pays to be in heaven- ( LAHAUL SPITI)-imag0264.jpg

It pays to be in heaven- ( LAHAUL SPITI)-imag0270.jpg
Old 15th December 2010, 13:51   #17
Senior - BHPian

oops. How did you break your number plate, bad roads, eh? Moreover what were you doing in front of that signboard after sunset? I hope you didnot attempt the lake as well at night?
Old 15th December 2010, 16:39   #18
BHPian

Note from Team-Bhp Support: Team-BHP maintains a strong stand against drinking and driving and any mention of alcohol. Hence posts containing ANY alcohol content (in text or pictures, directly or indirectly) are not allowed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
oops. How did you break your number plate, bad roads, eh? Moreover what were you doing in front of that signboard after sunset? I hope you didnot attempt the lake as well at night?
Its a long story bro. We reached rohtang and it was full of slush and stones, we tried to take the car slow and clutch got heaten up very badly that it lost all the power, thanks to the locals out there who helped us through and gave us guru mantra of the trip " no matter what, in difficult situation never slow down just cross with good speed" and the condition of car after Rohtang is very much visible in this picture.
It pays to be in heaven- ( LAHAUL SPITI)-imag0158.jpg
and trust me what we gone through in Rohtang was nothing in front of what was thrown to us by nature in rest of the trip till we reached shimla.
Yes you are right we reached batal at around 6pm in the evening, as my other friend was not comfortable staying there for the evening and needed specially some hotel to stay we had to continue our journey. As my friend now started to get stupid (crying for phone and getting headache and fever) and wanted to reach some hotel as soon as possible i need to keep on driving. Having night round of lake for few minutes we carry on our journey till kaza where we reached around 11pm and got bed after all. we were so tired and our head were spinning there was no signal anywhere, only bsnl works in that area. Thanks to the hotel guy who lent his phone to us just to give miss call so that our family can call us and finally my friend felt little better.
it took us long to get asleep as since morning all we had is one maggie each. Thats the story till kaza.

Last edited by GTO : 23rd December 2010 at 18:09. Reason: We have edited all the SMSey lingo out of your post and removed references to alcohol. Please desist from this in future.
mondymk3 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 15th December 2010, 17:02   #19
BHPian

Bro - One word of caution. You are treading dangerously close to getting this log removed. Hold on to your repeated reference to "OM" or else "MOds" will get better of this otherwise interesting log
Old 15th December 2010, 17:32   #20
Senior - BHPian

Bro thats some serious blunder. High altitude, night, low temperatures. Please be advised that no matter what, one should not push the envelope that far. Hills can be unforgiving to the fool hardy. But anyway all is well that ends well. But you missed out on all the fun. Should ahve stayed at Batal.

Last edited by GTO : 23rd December 2010 at 18:10. Reason: Mention of alcohol has been removed
Old 15th December 2010, 18:00   #21
BANNED

How did you reach Kaaza without crossing Kunzum-La? I see no mention of your adventure over Kunzum-la. The road to Kunzum was worse than the one at Rohtang when I travelled a couple of years back.

Cheers
Old 15th December 2010, 18:25   #22
BHPian

Post Deleted by the Team-BHP Support : SMS / Slang is STRICTLY prohibited on this community. We would much appreciate your using full & proper English in posts, for the benefit of other forum users.

Please view our board rules carefully before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 23rd December 2010 at 18:11.
mondymk3 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 19th December 2010, 21:43   #23
BHPian

VERY TRUE IT WAS ONE OF THE MOST DANGEROUS PLACE TO BE AS WELL AS BEAUTIFUL..HERE THE REST OF JOURNEY IN PICS AFTER KAZA..
welcomed by fresh snow wen we got up in kaza next morningIt pays to be in heaven- ( LAHAUL SPITI)-p9180561.jpg

It pays to be in heaven- ( LAHAUL SPITI)-p9180562.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 23rd December 2010 at 18:12. Reason: Quoted Post has been deleted
Old 19th December 2010, 21:55   #24
BHPian

more pics..

It pays to be in heaven- ( LAHAUL SPITI)-p9180563.jpg

dunno wat this guy is doing there all alone..

It pays to be in heaven- ( LAHAUL SPITI)-p9180564.jpg
Old 23rd December 2010, 18:12   #25
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Note from Team-Bhp Support: Team-BHP maintains a strong stand against drinking and driving and any mention of alcohol. Hence posts containing ANY alcohol content (in text or pictures, directly or indirectly) are not allowed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks