Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2010, 17:44   #1
BHPian

It pays to be in heaven- ( LAHAUL SPITI)

After going through hell lot of travelogues and sites about the heaven beauty of lahaul spiti region, i finally made one of mydream come true. Here is a little teaser before i start the whole story.

It pays to be in heaven- ( LAHAUL SPITI)-imag0096.jpg

It pays to be in heaven- ( LAHAUL SPITI)-imag0177.jpg

It pays to be in heaven- ( LAHAUL SPITI)-imag0195.jpg

It pays to be in heaven- ( LAHAUL SPITI)-imag0244.jpg

It pays to be in heaven- ( LAHAUL SPITI)-imag0266.jpg
Old 10th December 2010, 21:50   #2
BHPian

Re: It pays to be in heaven- ( LAHAUL SPITI)

Congrats. Another success story unfolds :-). Waiting eagerly for more.
Old 10th December 2010, 22:45   #3
Senior - BHPian

Nice teaser pictures. Lets have the details as well.
Did you take the Manali route? The PWD truck belongs to Pandoh Division.

Last edited by wanderernomad : 10th December 2010 at 22:47.
Old 11th December 2010, 10:22   #4
BHPian

Since childhood i was always fascinated with hills mountains snow, but unfortunately landed up in sea for 6yrs when i choose to be a marine engineer after my graduation. But the insect and love inside me for mountains die hard and when 3 yrs back i finally settled down here in Delhi i started my journey to explore the hills as much as i can and whenever i can. Though i have made trip to lot of hill stations in northern india but never got a chance and time to be at LEH which was always my dream destination. So it all started 3 yrs back, THE KEEDA TO EXPLORE IN AND AROUND LEH. Explored lot of travelouges and sites to gather information and every detail about how to be there. Finally came to a conclusion only two types of vehicles can make the journey complete without much of difficulties either and SUV or any small hatchback, reasons??? Well
SUV: all knows why
Small hatchback: even if it get stuck anywhere 2-3 people can easily put it aside by themselves.

2008: In April rohtang pass opened, I started calling all my friends who are interested to go with me. Found none, gosh I was so upset finally one of my fren got agreed and we started planning, although none of us got any of the above choice of vehicles ( my fren had accent and myself mondeo) we finally manage to get hold of a scorpio from a fren who was politician and the car was running on temporary number for last 3 yrs with no documents, we were like shocked knowing all this just in the evening of the same night when we suppose to leave. Than finally one of my fren came to rescue and he agreed to give his aveo for the trip we were happy took his car and get to our place to put in all the stuff required. Than came a shocking news, serial bomb blasts in delhi (gk, cp) our family calling up now all borders are sealed u should drop the plan and all we were like noway and started from gurgaon reached delhi gurgaon border and stranded in the jam for an hour we decided to give up may be this time its not in our cards as everything seems to be going against us.

2009: All my family and everyone was again against my trip again we planned and again and guess wat???? BOMB BLAST on same day ( mehrauli ) when we suppose to leave. So we have to give up again and all my frens and family members who knew about my trip started saying that u please don’t make plan anymore everytime u make a plan and bomb blast happens in delhi

2010: The planning has begun with more determination, and again came the breaking news “CLOUD BURST IN LEH”. This was like too much three consecutive years some bad news and the trip get wasted.
But this time I had decided no matter what im going to cross rohtang atleast and get to the other side, going through travelogues I came across the destination called CHANDERTAAL which is doable if u have 5 days in hand, and that’s it this is where im going to go this year for sure. It doesn’t come into ladhak region so easy to tell family that its safe and I can go…..
TO BE CONTINUE..
Old 11th December 2010, 10:23   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
Nice teaser pictures. Lets have the details as well.
Did you take the Manali route? The PWD truck belongs to Pandoh Division.
yes that landslide and truck was en route to manali. not sure which division it belongs to though.
Old 11th December 2010, 22:05   #6
Senior - BHPian

Zoom your picture and you can read it too.
Old 13th December 2010, 10:14   #7
BHPian

Nice start.. waiting for more
Old 13th December 2010, 11:45   #8
BHPian

So the destination is planned but time not yet, my fren who is suppose to accompany me was waiting for his leave to get sanction and as soon as he will get we will move. This time i took my dad's black beauty (swift) got new shoes for her and new battery and i believe that was enough cos i was know my dad takes care of her in every other aspect.
Rains are taking toll everywhere so as in delhi and it's september already this is the last month where we have chance to go else everything will get again shut in the month of october. Finally my fren calls me up on 13th evening, lets go bro i can manage to peep out of office from tomorrow evening till 19th. I was like wat the hell, but than i gave it a thought and i said lets go.
To tell u all people only i knew that we are crossing rohtang pass and going to chander taal as of my frens knowledge we going till manali and will be back. i need to lie to my fren as he was a lil mummy boy and he knew that after rohtang there will be no signal in his mobile and he cant live without being in touch with his family.
THE D DAY: 14TH SEPTEMBER 2100HRS

Last edited by bblost : 22nd December 2010 at 11:09. Reason: Please see Team-BHP Rule #11. Thanks.
Old 13th December 2010, 11:55   #9
BHPian

It pays to be in heaven- ( LAHAUL SPITI)-61823_163623673652238_100000138204019_595240_4102535_n.jpg

It pays to be in heaven- ( LAHAUL SPITI)-61823_163623676985571_100000138204019_595241_3815878_n.jpg

The lodge we managed to get in anadpursahib
Old 13th December 2010, 12:20   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondymk3 View Post
So the destination is planned but time not yet, my fren who is suppose to accompany me was waiting for his leave to get sanction and as soon as he will get we will move. This time i took my dad's black beauty (swift) got new shoes for her and new battery and i believe that was enough cos i was know my dad takes care of her in every other aspect.
Rains are taking toll everywhere so as in delhi and it's september already this is the last month where we have chance to go else everything will get again shut in the month of october. Finally my fren calls me up on 13th evening, lets go bro i can manage to peep out of office from tomorrow evening till 19th. I was like wat the hell, but than i gave it a thought and i said lets go.
To tell u all people only i knew that we are crossing rohtang pass and going to chander taal as of my frens knowledge we going till manali and will be back. i need to lie to my fren as he was a lil mummy boy and he knew that after rohtang there will be no signal in his mobile and he cant live without being in touch with his family.
THE D DAY: 14TH SEPTEMBER 2100HRS
Great job man, let the pictures do the talking. More pics, more excitement to the adventurous story.

Count me in for Ladakh trip next year, with ladies ofcourse.

Last edited by bblost : 22nd December 2010 at 11:10. Reason: Quoted post has been edited.
Old 13th December 2010, 15:33   #11
BHPian

Note from TEAM-BHP Support

Please see Team-BHP Rule #11.

11. Team-BHP maintains a strong stand against drinking and driving. Posts that don't abide by this view, or containing ANY alcohol content (in text or pictures, directly or indirectly) will not be entertained on the forum. This rule affects all posts from 1st Jan 2009 onwards.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-...e-posting.html

Last edited by bblost : 22nd December 2010 at 11:14. Reason: Check post. Thanks.
Old 13th December 2010, 15:53   #12
BHPian

DAY 2:
Got up late around 1400hrs and we thought of checking out from SARANG COSY HOTEL, although there is nothing cosy about the hotel priced accordingly rs 500 for the night. We checked with hotel people about the way towards manali and came to know that we are heading in wrong direction, route for manali is around 15km behind. we turned back and back to track towards manali on way comes secenic beauty at several places. reached manali after dark searched for a hotel and got a very good hotel right on the river side jus at 600/night. had good dinner and relaxed.Name:  61823_163623683652237_100000138204019_595243_4525440_n.jpg
Views: 2555
Size:  87.4 KB

It pays to be in heaven- ( LAHAUL SPITI)-61823_163623693652236_100000138204019_595246_2671960_n.jpg
Old 13th December 2010, 22:19   #13
BHPian

DAY 3: MANALI
Got up around 12 and till my fren get up i started making all inquiry about getting to chandertaal. Different people different story afterlistening to few stories i decided to start ahead with the route and distances i have with me from one of the itenary i got in team-bhp. went and told my fren to get and lets get moving tried to convince him thatit just 4 hrsso we will be back by night..though i know if everything is good its not less than6 hours . but he was too rigid to move and we have to spend day in manali visitng places nearby.It pays to be in heaven- ( LAHAUL SPITI)-p9150402.jpg

It pays to be in heaven- ( LAHAUL SPITI)-p9150432.jpg

It pays to be in heaven- ( LAHAUL SPITI)-p9160448.jpg

It pays to be in heaven- ( LAHAUL SPITI)-p9150399.jpg

It pays to be in heaven- ( LAHAUL SPITI)-p9160451.jpg

It pays to be in heaven- ( LAHAUL SPITI)-p9160460.jpg
Found this nice place very next to the river which is being used by a group of people for bar b q picnic thing...nice place to be with a group.
It pays to be in heaven- ( LAHAUL SPITI)-p9160467.jpg

Name:  P9160462.jpg
Views: 2186
Size:  220.6 KB

It pays to be in heaven- ( LAHAUL SPITI)-p9160503.jpg
Old 13th December 2010, 22:36   #14
BHPian

DAY4 :ACTION BEGINS
After making hell lot of efforts i finally convinced my fren that since we are here lets not miss this opportunity to cross the rohtang and see this beautiful lake called chandertaal. and by afternoon he agreed. we checked out from hotel at noon..started our journey towards rohtang pass

It pays to be in heaven- ( LAHAUL SPITI)-p9160445.jpg
This is where after two hours we had our first tea of the day around 1400hrs.

It pays to be in heaven- ( LAHAUL SPITI)-p9160499.jpg
at rohtang waiting for the way to get clear.
It pays to be in heaven- ( LAHAUL SPITI)-p9170533.jpg
My black beauty.
It pays to be in heaven- ( LAHAUL SPITI)-p9170535.jpg

It pays to be in heaven- ( LAHAUL SPITI)-p9170536.jpg

i'll continue the story further tomorrow till now enjoy some scenic of rohtang.
Old 13th December 2010, 22:41   #15
BHPian

It pays to be in heaven- ( LAHAUL SPITI)-p9170538.jpg

It pays to be in heaven- ( LAHAUL SPITI)-p9170540.jpg

It pays to be in heaven- ( LAHAUL SPITI)-p9170543.jpg

It pays to be in heaven- ( LAHAUL SPITI)-p9170542.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks