Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2010, 18:15   #16
BHPian

re: Mission Spot a Tiger @ Sariska - Project Tiger Reserve, Attempt No - 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v View Post
I feel in 2 to 3 visits one can for sure find a tiger or leopard.
No guarantee even in 3 or 4 visits. I have been to Sariska 4 times but the nearest I came to wild cat was only when I saw a leopard that too for 1 or 2 seconds. Here's my story:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...pole-tour.html
Old 29th December 2010, 12:56   #17
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0-100 View Post
No guarantee even in 3 or 4 visits. I have been to Sariska 4 times but the nearest I came to wild cat was only when I saw a leopard that too for 1 or 2 seconds. Here's my story:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...pole-tour.html
its pure luck and also as per guide best time to site tiger in sariska is March - April mid afternoon. As per his logic all water sources dry up and only couple of man made source are filled with water every mid afternoon. Hence all animals and as well as tigers are bound to come for drinking water here.
Old 4th January 2011, 03:58   #18
BHPian

Thanks for posting an amazing travelogue of a tiger project that very few people visit these days. I am myself planning to go there sometime this winter and would like to take your help in planning my trip. Did you happen to note down phone numbers of gypsy drivers and guides whom I could call to get an idea of animal movement (as a part of my planning for my visit) ?

Could you identify any low cost accomodation option where I could stay for a week ?

Did you interact with guides / locals about the number of tigers in the park these days and if there are any new cubs ?

Your travelogue has enthused me to finish my long pending Pench travelogue and start a writeup on my recent visit to Bandhavgad.

regards,
Dr. A Ghosh

edit: The vulture shot is out of the world. did the guide tell you about the approximate count of vultures in this park ? were you able to see many of them ?

Last edited by abheekg : 4th January 2011 at 04:01.
Old 9th January 2011, 12:07   #19
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abheekg View Post
Thanks for posting an amazing travelogue of a tiger project that very few people visit these days. I am myself planning to go there sometime this winter and would like to take your help in planning my trip. Did you happen to note down phone numbers of gypsy drivers and guides whom I could call to get an idea of animal movement (as a part of my planning for my visit) ?

Could you identify any low cost accomodation option where I could stay for a week ?

Did you interact with guides / locals about the number of tigers in the park these days and if there are any new cubs ?

Your travelogue has enthused me to finish my long pending Pench travelogue and start a writeup on my recent visit to Bandhavgad.

regards,
Dr. A Ghosh

edit: The vulture shot is out of the world. did the guide tell you about the approximate count of vultures in this park ? were you able to see many of them ?
Thanks Dr. Ghosh. Was on vacation.

Here is the details of guide - Rakesh Panwar - 9636427677, 9462469076. He is an approved guide , claims being working here since 1995. Good knowledge of birds and animals.

His email - bhipanwar@gmail.com

There were 6 tigers and one died recently due to poisoning. The one died used to be sighted frequently. The best time to spot is in March as all natural water source dries and animals have to trek down to the man made water spots hence chances of sighting increases.

Accomodation - RTDC tiger den is best option. You can book online through their website.
Old 20th March 2011, 10:07   #20
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Planning another visit next week ie 22/23 again. Ofcourse inspired from recent visit from GD1418 too. Hope to site tiger this time.
Old 24th March 2011, 17:45   #21
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Came to know club mahindra has started a camping site at Sariska near Thana gazi. Made a cold call to enquire availability, they confirmed availably on 22/23 of march.
PMed to GD1418, got the number of Hari Singh (Guide). Spoke to him and he told spotting chances are high only in afternoon. So the plan was charted as

reach by 1 pm on 22nd - visit 3.30 - 6-30 pm Jeep safari
23rd morning - Visit hanuman pol in our beast.
23rd afternoon - Visit again same timing 3.30 - 6.30 Jeep Safari
24th 10 am check out and return.

Started by 7am on 22nd morning , Took the Delhi - Bheror - Kotputli - before(shahpura) Virat nagar - SH13 - Thana Gazi - Camp fort view. Reached our destination by 11.30 am.
Tied up the Guide hari singh for the Jeep safari. Our camp site is around 5 kms away from Sariska.

By the time i process the pictures, spot the tiger in this picture.
Mission Spot a Tiger @ Sariska - Project Tiger Reserve, Attempt No - 2-23032011366.jpg
Old 25th March 2011, 11:07   #22
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mission Spot a Tiger @ Sariska - Project Tiger Reserve, Attempt No - 2

It is here:

Mission Spot a Tiger @ Sariska - Project Tiger Reserve, Attempt No - 2-23032011366.jpg
Old 25th March 2011, 13:44   #23
v&v
Senior - BHPian

GD bhai, Thank you for the reference of Hari singh. We ended up 11 hrs in the park and 2 jeep safaris 3 to 6.30 with him and spotted tigers ST-2 & ST4 one at left side and other at right side. it as a feast for eyes.
Next day , Hari and we did a blunder to venture into No Entry/Restricted zone - Slopka. Luckly the ranger was in a good mood , we were let off without fining after the spotting on day 2 also.

Regarding photo
good try, but its not there .

Last edited by v&v : 25th March 2011 at 13:51.
Old 26th March 2011, 17:50   #24
Senior - BHPian

It is 48 hrs & + from the last update. Do you want an infraction?
Old 26th March 2011, 17:55   #25
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
It is 48 hrs & + from the last update. Do you want an infraction?
i was completing the Shimla-Narkanda-Chail log. Will be update this thread from tomorrow onwards.
for a change enjoy the video of two spotting.

Old 26th March 2011, 20:33   #26
Senior - BHPian

Your videocam doesn't have zooming capabilities? ST 2 was quite faraway. And why oh why, have you put that disgusting music in the background like a wedding video?

Rather, jungle sounds would have been better music...

Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v View Post

For a change enjoy the video of two spotting.
Old 26th March 2011, 22:30   #27
Senior - BHPian

Am I there?
v&v,
Old 26th March 2011, 22:34   #28
Senior - BHPian

Damn! Why am I not able to see the tiger?

@Fazal sir, is it because you are experienced in spotting wild life? I saw in the other thread you clearly mentioned the number of Tigers in another contest
Old 26th March 2011, 23:11   #29
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
Your videocam doesn't have zooming capabilities? ST 2 was quite faraway. And why oh why, have you put that disgusting music in the background like a wedding video?

Rather, jungle sounds would have been better music...
GD this was shot from my N8. it has limited zoom. As for music , this was one of few song on my phone to swap original audio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
Am I there?
v&v,
Attachment 523680
Missed by a little margin. Here is the magnified shot.

Mission Spot a Tiger @ Sariska - Project Tiger Reserve, Attempt No - 2-tiger.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
Damn! Why am I not able to see the tiger?

@Fazal sir, is it because you are experienced in spotting wild life? I saw in the other thread you clearly mentioned the number of Tigers in another contest
its pure luck to spot. We were able to see in our 4th trip. 2 to corbett and 2nd to sariska.
Old 27th March 2011, 07:37   #30
Senior - BHPian

V&V,
No one on the thread can say I crossed the tiger. Here I did, as you can see my arrow went just over.
For a long time I was looking at the actual one but total absence of stripes at that resolution got me and I went in for my own imaginary tiger, some marks for spotting the langur, boss?
The photographs of the landing Brahminy Duck and the relaxed, seated Neelgai (unusual sight) turned out good.
Regards,

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks