Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2011, 09:31   #31
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mission Spot a Tiger @ Sariska - Project Tiger Reserve, Attempt No - 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
V&V,
No one on the thread can say I crossed the tiger. Here I did, as you can see my arrow went just over.
For a long time I was looking at the actual one but total absence of stripes at that resolution got me and I went in for my own imaginary tiger, some marks for spotting the langur, boss?
The photographs of the landing Brahminy Duck and the relaxed, seated Neelgai (unusual sight) turned out good.
Regards,
Thanks fazal. I have observed, the animals are not that much afraid of safari jeeps.

As for the earlier photograph i had to reduce the resolution other wise locating the tiger would have be very easy. You guess was almost there

vinod

Here is the second video of spotting near Slopka.

Old 28th March 2011, 18:12   #32
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Day - 1
Continuing with the log. Completed the formalities of check. The accommodation all was Tents (with A/c). it was our first experience in tent. Nice open space with lots of greenery and flowers. Now the plan was to do our safari from 3.30 pm to 6.30 and was tied up with the guide. We had to reach the ticket counter by 3.15 pm. it was around 5 kms form Thana Gazi. Had our lunch - opted for FUN Dining (Club mahindra will know about it) 3 meals buffet @ Rs 750/- per person per day. Food quality and service was very good.
Also Thana Gazi has lots of marble sculptors units making murtils of ganesh ji and other godess.

Some snaps of the Camp fort view.

Mission Spot a Tiger @ Sariska - Project Tiger Reserve, Attempt No - 2-img_1729.jpg

Mission Spot a Tiger @ Sariska - Project Tiger Reserve, Attempt No - 2-img_1731.jpg

View from our tent.
Mission Spot a Tiger @ Sariska - Project Tiger Reserve, Attempt No - 2-23032011355.jpg

Mission Spot a Tiger @ Sariska - Project Tiger Reserve, Attempt No - 2-23032011362-medium.jpg

Mission Spot a Tiger @ Sariska - Project Tiger Reserve, Attempt No - 2-23032011364.jpg

Mission Spot a Tiger @ Sariska - Project Tiger Reserve, Attempt No - 2-img_1929.jpg

Place to see around as per their travel desk.

Mission Spot a Tiger @ Sariska - Project Tiger Reserve, Attempt No - 2-sariska1.jpg

Mission Spot a Tiger @ Sariska - Project Tiger Reserve, Attempt No - 2-sariska2.jpg

Mission Spot a Tiger @ Sariska - Project Tiger Reserve, Attempt No - 2-sariska3.jpg

Mission Spot a Tiger @ Sariska - Project Tiger Reserve, Attempt No - 2-sariska4.jpg

Last edited by v&v : 28th March 2011 at 18:19.
Old 29th March 2011, 21:41   #33
v&v
Senior - BHPian

By 2.45 we were out from our Camp, heading to office site at Sariska. The road is bad in the Jungle region, was told there is a stay order from supreme court for repair. 5 kms took 25 min. Hari singh was ready with the tickets and jeep.

Costs are - Tickets - Rs 60 per person, 250 for vehicle entry , Rs 50 for tiger fund. Rs 1100 for Jeep - 3 hrs.

Parked the safari (Rs 20 for parking) and Jumped in to gypsy. I clearly instructed Hari , today we will go around places where tiger spotting possibility is high. He informed us that there was a ST-2,ST-4, spotting at Bhairav ghati around 1 pm. We were bit apprehensive of spotting, more over its Tuesday, high amount of local vehicles travelling to Pandu Pol.

Reached the main entrance gate, completed the formalities, Hari singh enquired on update or news about any spotting. Sadly no new. We headed to Kali Ghati , this is one of the points from where you can get further information about location of tigers, if any one has spotted.

Searched couple of water source and finally reached KaliGhati by 5 pm. We took a quick stop over and hari singh went for finding update on tigers.

Some photos

Gazi fort view
Mission Spot a Tiger @ Sariska - Project Tiger Reserve, Attempt No - 2-img_2164.jpg

Sambar greeted us enroute. Was on the road side.
Mission Spot a Tiger @ Sariska - Project Tiger Reserve, Attempt No - 2-img_1749-small.jpg

Name:  IMG_1753.JPG
Views: 996
Size:  72.3 KB

Mission Spot a Tiger @ Sariska - Project Tiger Reserve, Attempt No - 2-img_1745.jpg

Mission Spot a Tiger @ Sariska - Project Tiger Reserve, Attempt No - 2-img_1968.jpg

Mission Spot a Tiger @ Sariska - Project Tiger Reserve, Attempt No - 2-img_1969.jpg

Mission Spot a Tiger @ Sariska - Project Tiger Reserve, Attempt No - 2-img_1970.jpg

Mission Spot a Tiger @ Sariska - Project Tiger Reserve, Attempt No - 2-img_2350.jpg

Mission Spot a Tiger @ Sariska - Project Tiger Reserve, Attempt No - 2-img_1747.jpg

View after the enterance
Mission Spot a Tiger @ Sariska - Project Tiger Reserve, Attempt No - 2-img_1754.jpg
Old 29th March 2011, 21:56   #34
Senior - BHPian

Vinod, the sambhar pictures are bit overexposed. Why? And the updates are very slow...
Old 29th March 2011, 22:26   #35
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
Vinod, the sambhar pictures are bit overexposed. Why? And the updates are very slow...
Dont know why , may be the angle of shot, or is it due to use of spot metering.
Bit tied up at office due to year end. Will update quickly
Old 30th March 2011, 08:50   #36
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Some more shots. We waited there for 15 minutes, then got the news that ST-2 & ST-4 are resting somewhere at Bhairav ghati . This message was given by tracker gypsy. We headed to Bhairav ghati. Reached there in 10min. There was a red tracker gypsy and already 3 more safari gypsy parked and one of them was the Nat geo guy with his film camera.

We were told the both of them are resting somewhere with in 200-300 meters. Waited for 15 - 20 minutes but no sign. it was getting darker. Slowly crowd was building up with locals too. This area was becoming messy with locals also stopping. Wait goes on...

some more photos..
Looking for tigers at possible water sources in Core-1

Mission Spot a Tiger @ Sariska - Project Tiger Reserve, Attempt No - 2-img_1755.jpg

Mission Spot a Tiger @ Sariska - Project Tiger Reserve, Attempt No - 2-img_1757.jpg

Mission Spot a Tiger @ Sariska - Project Tiger Reserve, Attempt No - 2-img_1764.jpg

Mission Spot a Tiger @ Sariska - Project Tiger Reserve, Attempt No - 2-img_1766.jpg

Mission Spot a Tiger @ Sariska - Project Tiger Reserve, Attempt No - 2-img_1773.jpg

Mission Spot a Tiger @ Sariska - Project Tiger Reserve, Attempt No - 2-img_1775.jpg

Mission Spot a Tiger @ Sariska - Project Tiger Reserve, Attempt No - 2-img_1777.jpg

At kali ghati

Mission Spot a Tiger @ Sariska - Project Tiger Reserve, Attempt No - 2-img_1799a.jpg

Mission Spot a Tiger @ Sariska - Project Tiger Reserve, Attempt No - 2-img_1806a.jpg

Mission Spot a Tiger @ Sariska - Project Tiger Reserve, Attempt No - 2-img_1811.jpg

Last edited by v&v : 30th March 2011 at 08:52.
Old 30th March 2011, 12:06   #37
Senior - BHPian

IMO, spot metering should not be a problem. Either the aperture is a bit wide open or the shutter speed is a bit slow. And what has angle got to do?

Post the exif....

Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v View Post

Dont know why , may be the angle of shot, or is it due to use of spot metering.

It would be a great day when they are banned....

Quote:

Slowly crowd was building up with locals too. This area was becoming messy with locals also stopping. Wait goes on...

Baby Cormorant - quite cute..

Attachment 525379

Attachment 525380

At kali ghati

Jungle Babblers upto their antics. Why do they always have an angry look?

Attachment 525384

Attachment 525385

Last edited by gd1418 : 30th March 2011 at 12:08.
Old 30th March 2011, 12:23   #38
v&v
Senior - BHPian

GD bhai, The exif was f/9, 1/400 sec iso 400. What i ment from angle as i shot this from the drive side to outward. was in P mode, camera might misread the input from front dash and from window. Just i think so.

The crowd is least bothered about jungle habitat. They were hoking, getting out of vehicle. While waiting we saw some relatives of earlier FO being taken to Restricted zone to have a sight of the tigers too. You know if you have contact, then you can do anything there , no one care!

Here is the photo of mess people created there that evening

We all wait there in line.
Mission Spot a Tiger @ Sariska - Project Tiger Reserve, Attempt No - 2-img_1816.jpg

Scene after 15 minutes

Mission Spot a Tiger @ Sariska - Project Tiger Reserve, Attempt No - 2-img_1818.jpg

Mission Spot a Tiger @ Sariska - Project Tiger Reserve, Attempt No - 2-img_1819.jpg

Mission Spot a Tiger @ Sariska - Project Tiger Reserve, Attempt No - 2-img_1820.jpg

Last edited by v&v : 30th March 2011 at 12:26.
Old 30th March 2011, 12:47   #39
Senior - BHPian

The exif says it all. Why the ISO 400? Aperture ok, Shutter too ok but the ISO made all that difference. Try shooting in A mode. Better control.

Having contact works everywhere...

Am copying photos from here to send it to Conservator of Forests to take necessary action.

I mean, how could somebody climb on the tracker gypsy for viewing and what did those two from the Omni think they were doing? Loitering in company bagh?

Quote:
GD bhai, The exif was f/9, 1/400 sec iso 400. What i ment from angle as i shot this from the drive side to outward. was in P mode, camera might misread the input from front dash and from window. Just i think so.

The crowd is least bothered about jungle habitat. They were hoking, getting out of vehicle. While waiting we saw some relatives of earlier FO being taken to Restricted zone to have a sight of the tigers too. You know if you have contact, then you can do anything there , no one care!

Here is the photo of mess people created there that evening

We all wait there in line.
Attachment 525408

Scene after 15 minutes

Attachment 525409

Attachment 525410

Attachment 525411
Old 30th March 2011, 15:36   #40
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The exif says it all. Why the ISO 400? Aperture ok, Shutter too ok but the ISO made all that difference. Try shooting in A mode. Better control.

Having contact works everywhere...

Am copying photos from here to send it to Conservator of Forests to take necessary action.

I mean, how could somebody climb on the tracker gypsy for viewing and what did those two from the Omni think they were doing? Loitering in company bagh?
Usually under good light i use the aperture mode. I use it on 400 specially in jungle to get better shutter speed. I usually shoot on iso 100 or 200. But with sigma at 300 mm , 400 is required to get sharper shot, in case of low light then its even difficult, you have to switch to 800 at times.

Regarding the mess ,
All the guide were of the same opinion , we are just behind the red gypsy , we move on from there, As the kind of noise and crowd , i thought todays sighting is gone and moved 200 meters away from them , as you can see from the shot.

Which ultimately turned into a blessing. Every body was concentrated near the red gypsy, suddenly i see ST-2 , emerging from bush. WOW , first time ever we have seen. He slowly started walking parallel to our jeep , we too started to follow. I the rest of the team smelled a rat , all of them frantically were racing to reach our spot. It was a total mess after that. Since we had a wonderful position i could click some shots. Here are a few of them.

emerged from the bush, even no body in our jeep was ready for this.
Mission Spot a Tiger @ Sariska - Project Tiger Reserve, Attempt No - 2-img_1837.jpg

Stops over and gives a shrewd stare, (Guys give me a break)
Mission Spot a Tiger @ Sariska - Project Tiger Reserve, Attempt No - 2-img_1841c.jpg

Walks on care free
Mission Spot a Tiger @ Sariska - Project Tiger Reserve, Attempt No - 2-img_1843.jpg

Mission Spot a Tiger @ Sariska - Project Tiger Reserve, Attempt No - 2-img_1852.jpg

Mission Spot a Tiger @ Sariska - Project Tiger Reserve, Attempt No - 2-img_1862.jpg

Mission Spot a Tiger @ Sariska - Project Tiger Reserve, Attempt No - 2-img_1865.jpg

Mission Spot a Tiger @ Sariska - Project Tiger Reserve, Attempt No - 2-img_1865b.jpg

Mission Spot a Tiger @ Sariska - Project Tiger Reserve, Attempt No - 2-img_1880.jpg

Mission Spot a Tiger @ Sariska - Project Tiger Reserve, Attempt No - 2-img_1887.jpg

Buy this time it was a complete traffic jam around. We too were stuck, cant move forwared or backward. ST-2 crossed the road and disappeared. Immediately followed by ST-4 too disappearing to thick woods. Had the crowd be more disciplined, the tigers would have stayed more time around.

Last edited by v&v : 30th March 2011 at 15:45.
Old 30th March 2011, 15:59   #41
Senior - BHPian

Try shooting with lower ISO. The kind of light falling on Sambhar's face indicated that it was a direct sunlight.

And Sir, ST 2 is a 'she' and not a 'he'

And Vinod, that is such an innocent stare. Nothing shrewd about it..

Quote:

suddenly i see ST-2 , emerging from bush. WOW , first time ever we have seen. He slowly started walking parallel to our jeep , we too started to follow. I the rest of the team smelled a rat , all of them frantically were racing to reach our spot. It was a total mess after that. Since we had a wonderful position i could click some shots. Here are a few of them.

Last edited by gd1418 : 30th March 2011 at 16:01.
Old 30th March 2011, 17:33   #42
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Try shooting with lower ISO. The kind of light falling on Sambhar's face indicated that it was a direct sunlight.

And Sir, ST 2 is a 'she' and not a 'he'

And Vinod, that is such an innocent stare. Nothing shrewd about it..
but its difficult to shoot with lower ISO under low light, this case was an exception, we found him on the main road.

As for gender id on these, had it been named like rani, aishwarya it would have been easier

As for the stare , if felt she was very angry with disturbance around.

Last edited by v&v : 30th March 2011 at 17:37.
Old 30th March 2011, 18:46   #43
v&v
Senior - BHPian

We returned satisfied , it as already 18.20 we had to rush back.
So finally a satisfying day Tigress Spotted
Reached main gate be 18.45 , Had a tea at Tiger Den (HTDC hotel) and we back to our camp by 8 pm.

Last few shots for day-1

Mission Spot a Tiger @ Sariska - Project Tiger Reserve, Attempt No - 2-img_1891.jpg

Mission Spot a Tiger @ Sariska - Project Tiger Reserve, Attempt No - 2-img_1891a.jpg

Mission Spot a Tiger @ Sariska - Project Tiger Reserve, Attempt No - 2-img_1895.jpg

Mission Spot a Tiger @ Sariska - Project Tiger Reserve, Attempt No - 2-img_1898.jpg

Mission Spot a Tiger @ Sariska - Project Tiger Reserve, Attempt No - 2-img_1902.jpg
Old 31st March 2011, 10:09   #44
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Day-2

Morning we planned an early morning trip to pandupol in our safari. Reached ticket counter by 8.45 am, took tickets and we head on to the forest. Morning we saw lots of Sambar, spotted deer, neelgai grazing around.
Reached pandupol by 11 am. Spent around 1 hour there and returned to our camp by 1 pm.

Some photos of our morning trip.

Me at entry gate
Mission Spot a Tiger @ Sariska - Project Tiger Reserve, Attempt No - 2-img_1972.jpg

Mission Spot a Tiger @ Sariska - Project Tiger Reserve, Attempt No - 2-img_1944.jpg

Mission Spot a Tiger @ Sariska - Project Tiger Reserve, Attempt No - 2-img_1957.jpg

Mission Spot a Tiger @ Sariska - Project Tiger Reserve, Attempt No - 2-img_1967.jpg

Mission Spot a Tiger @ Sariska - Project Tiger Reserve, Attempt No - 2-img_1978.jpg

Mission Spot a Tiger @ Sariska - Project Tiger Reserve, Attempt No - 2-img_1987.jpg

Mission Spot a Tiger @ Sariska - Project Tiger Reserve, Attempt No - 2-img_1997.jpg

Mission Spot a Tiger @ Sariska - Project Tiger Reserve, Attempt No - 2-img_2010.jpg

Mission Spot a Tiger @ Sariska - Project Tiger Reserve, Attempt No - 2-img_2012.jpg

Mission Spot a Tiger @ Sariska - Project Tiger Reserve, Attempt No - 2-img_2015.jpg

Mission Spot a Tiger @ Sariska - Project Tiger Reserve, Attempt No - 2-img_2020.jpg

Name:  IMG_2028.JPG
Views: 915
Size:  121.0 KB

Mission Spot a Tiger @ Sariska - Project Tiger Reserve, Attempt No - 2-img_2037.jpg

Mission Spot a Tiger @ Sariska - Project Tiger Reserve, Attempt No - 2-img_2041.jpg

Mission Spot a Tiger @ Sariska - Project Tiger Reserve, Attempt No - 2-img_2047.jpg

Mission Spot a Tiger @ Sariska - Project Tiger Reserve, Attempt No - 2-img_2063.jpg

Mission Spot a Tiger @ Sariska - Project Tiger Reserve, Attempt No - 2-img_2078.jpg

Mission Spot a Tiger @ Sariska - Project Tiger Reserve, Attempt No - 2-img_2087.jpg

Mission Spot a Tiger @ Sariska - Project Tiger Reserve, Attempt No - 2-img_2092.jpg

Mission Spot a Tiger @ Sariska - Project Tiger Reserve, Attempt No - 2-img_2093.jpg
Old 31st March 2011, 15:18   #45
v&v
Senior - BHPian

some more pics of our morning trip to pandupol.
Mission Spot a Tiger @ Sariska - Project Tiger Reserve, Attempt No - 2-img_2141.jpg

Mission Spot a Tiger @ Sariska - Project Tiger Reserve, Attempt No - 2-img_2140.jpg

Mission Spot a Tiger @ Sariska - Project Tiger Reserve, Attempt No - 2-img_2142.jpg

Mission Spot a Tiger @ Sariska - Project Tiger Reserve, Attempt No - 2-img_2143.jpg

Mission Spot a Tiger @ Sariska - Project Tiger Reserve, Attempt No - 2-img_2144.jpg

Mission Spot a Tiger @ Sariska - Project Tiger Reserve, Attempt No - 2-img_2146.jpg

Mission Spot a Tiger @ Sariska - Project Tiger Reserve, Attempt No - 2-img_2099.jpg

Mission Spot a Tiger @ Sariska - Project Tiger Reserve, Attempt No - 2-img_2101.jpg

Mission Spot a Tiger @ Sariska - Project Tiger Reserve, Attempt No - 2-img_2107.jpg

Mission Spot a Tiger @ Sariska - Project Tiger Reserve, Attempt No - 2-img_2159.jpg

Sariska Palace
Mission Spot a Tiger @ Sariska - Project Tiger Reserve, Attempt No - 2-img_2157.jpg

Most Viewed