Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2011, 13:39   #16
BHPian

Re: Photolog - Bandhavgarh - Bhedaghat - Birge Dam (Near Jabalpur)

Some more photos from Bhedaghat
Attached Thumbnails
Photolog - Bandhavgarh - Bhedaghat - Birge Dam (Near Jabalpur)-dsc00430.jpg  

Photolog - Bandhavgarh - Bhedaghat - Birge Dam (Near Jabalpur)-dsc00426.jpg  

Photolog - Bandhavgarh - Bhedaghat - Birge Dam (Near Jabalpur)-picture-180.jpg  

Photolog - Bandhavgarh - Bhedaghat - Birge Dam (Near Jabalpur)-picture-213.jpg  

Photolog - Bandhavgarh - Bhedaghat - Birge Dam (Near Jabalpur)-picture-202.jpg  

Photolog - Bandhavgarh - Bhedaghat - Birge Dam (Near Jabalpur)-picture-283.jpg  

Photolog - Bandhavgarh - Bhedaghat - Birge Dam (Near Jabalpur)-picture-278.jpg  

Photolog - Bandhavgarh - Bhedaghat - Birge Dam (Near Jabalpur)-picture-300.jpg  

Wanderer78 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2011, 13:54   #17
Senior - BHPian

Wow this is beautiful. Agree with you, MP tourism stays are very good indeed. Have they finished developing Bison retreat? When I went in May 2010, parts of it were under construction/renovation.

Thanks for sharing.
Old 17th January 2011, 22:04   #18
BHPian

Added some pics from Bandhavgarh
Attached Thumbnails
Photolog - Bandhavgarh - Bhedaghat - Birge Dam (Near Jabalpur)-dsc01570.jpg  

Photolog - Bandhavgarh - Bhedaghat - Birge Dam (Near Jabalpur)-picture-430.jpg  

Photolog - Bandhavgarh - Bhedaghat - Birge Dam (Near Jabalpur)-dsc00621.jpg  

Photolog - Bandhavgarh - Bhedaghat - Birge Dam (Near Jabalpur)-picture-329.jpg  

Photolog - Bandhavgarh - Bhedaghat - Birge Dam (Near Jabalpur)-picture-333.jpg  

Photolog - Bandhavgarh - Bhedaghat - Birge Dam (Near Jabalpur)-picture-356.jpg  

Photolog - Bandhavgarh - Bhedaghat - Birge Dam (Near Jabalpur)-picture-357.jpg  

Photolog - Bandhavgarh - Bhedaghat - Birge Dam (Near Jabalpur)-picture-358.jpg  

Photolog - Bandhavgarh - Bhedaghat - Birge Dam (Near Jabalpur)-picture-359.jpg  

Photolog - Bandhavgarh - Bhedaghat - Birge Dam (Near Jabalpur)-picture-458.jpg  

Old 18th January 2011, 10:52   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
Wow this is beautiful. Agree with you, MP tourism stays are very good indeed. Have they finished developing Bison retreat? When I went in May 2010, parts of it were under construction/renovation.

Thanks for sharing.
Yes Jay, Bison retreat is now finshed and open for visitors. A good place that!
Old 3rd January 2012, 22:09   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer78 View Post
Road to Bandhavgarh (via Kundam,Shahpura and Umaria) is great. 9 kms to Bandhavgarh is a pain, there is virtually no road. Our guide later told us that the road is delibarately left in a bad shape in order to avoid speeding in the forest area.
Great pictures. So do you think Bandhavgarh-Jabalpur-Bhedaghat can be done in one day and back given that Bandhavgarh to Jabalpur takes roughly 4 hours. This is considering an early morning start.
Old 4th January 2012, 08:44   #21
Senior - BHPian

@Wanderer78: Don't know how I missed this thread in the first place. Lovely pictures. Big cat pictures appeared to be a bit over-exposed. What was the gear that you used to shoot?

Brought back memories of my own trip to these places (minus the Dam) that I did in April 2011 - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...t-gurgaon.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by samarjitdhar View Post

So do you think Bandhavgarh-Jabalpur-Bhedaghat can be done in one day and back given that Bandhavgarh to Jabalpur takes roughly 4 hours. This is considering an early morning start.
For the record it is possible, but when will you do the forest safari that would take at least 3 hours?

Last edited by gd1418 : 4th January 2012 at 08:47.
gd1418 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2012, 11:08   #22
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Whew! Tiger, Marble rocks, Duandhar with all the mist rising and very inviting road pics. Amazing collection of pics there.
I've been thinking of a slightly different circuit for a while now. Just waiting for my calendar to fall in place. Boating in Narmada on a full moon night along those dazzling marble rocks has been in my dreams for a while now.
Old 4th January 2012, 12:30   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
For the record it is possible, but when will you do the forest safari that would take at least 3 hours?
Oh actually I arrive in Bandhavgarh from Varanasi a few days earlier and have already booked 4 safaris (2 Tala, 2 Magadhi) in 2 days. I was thinking if I could use the third day at Bandhavgarh which I have kept empty to go to Jabalpur from Bandhavgarh and back with an early morning start from Bandhavgarh. Again this is tentative given my state and condition after 2 days of safaris, the condition of the roads, etc. If things work out I would like to use this day to do a day trip to Bedhaghat and not miss these famous parts of India while coming so close
Old 9th December 2013, 23:08   #24
BHPian

Jabalpur - things to do

I am considering spending 2-3 days in Jabalpur later this month. Can you please share what's noteworthy to see over there, besides Dhuandhar falls and Bedaghat?

Feel free to also opine on whether 2-3 days are too much or just fine.

Thanks!! - SB
Old 11th December 2013, 15:23   #25
BHPian

@Shutterbugger : nothing much at Jabalpur unfortunately apart from visiting Bhedaghat. I would suggest a stay at Bhedaghat rather than at Jabalpur (Try the MP tourism resort. Its ideally located). If you have 2-3 days, you can go to Bandhavgarh and back to Jabalpur.
Old 12th December 2013, 10:53   #26
BHPian

Those pictures of the Tiger looked like as if you clapped at it for a pose and it posed for you to snap it. Excellent picture!
Old 12th December 2013, 13:56   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer78 View Post
@Shutterbugger : nothing much at Jabalpur unfortunately apart from visiting Bhedaghat. I would suggest a stay at Bhedaghat rather than at Jabalpur (Try the MP tourism resort. Its ideally located). If you have 2-3 days, you can go to Bandhavgarh and back to Jabalpur.
Thanks a lot, Wanderer78! I tried booking at the Motel Marble Rocks at Bhedaghat but it is unfortunately sold out for the date I wanted. Any other recommendations of hotels close to Bhedaghat?

I checked out the Resort Palm Pair which is located on the other bank of the Narmada river close to Bhedaghat (not the same bank as Jabalpur city) but it is too cumbersome to stay there -- would need to drive about quite a bit and cross the river to be able to board the boats for the Narmada cruise etc. So giving that a pass.

Also, what is the typical rate for taxis for a drop from Jabalpur to Kanha? I am being quoted ~Rs. 2500-3000 for a one-way drop which is way too expensive for a 170km journey!!
Old 16th December 2013, 16:18   #28
Senior - BHPian

Read post #: 134 of my travelogue - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...gurgaon-9.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutterbugger View Post

I tried booking at the Motel Marble Rocks at Bhedaghat but it is unfortunately sold out for the date I wanted. Any other recommendations of hotels close to Bhedaghat?
Old 14th February 2014, 23:11   #29
BHPian

What is that tiger's name? A real hunk!!!
Old 17th February 2014, 12:54   #30
Senior - BHPian

I am not able to see the full frontal face of the Cat. But whatever I could see after zooming, looks like Bamera.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VedderTheFixer View Post

What is that tiger's name? A real hunk!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks