Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2011, 20:19   #1
BHPian

family trip to south rajasthan

prologue

With kids vacationed postponed to 4 th jan cos of fog i decided to plan our winter vacation during that time .it was a tie between manali and rajasthan .since manali was done we ( I) opted for rajasthan . we being members of club mahindra decided to go to kumbhalgarh where they have a resort.so called them .we couldnt get a studio apartment as it was all booked but luckily we got a luxury tent from 6 th jan to 9 th jan. so with that all finalised i decided to get a new car especially diesel .listed punto ,figo and i20 crdi as my choices.i wanted the top spec as abs and airbags were mandatory for me as well as my wife.
i20 crdi was 7.10 lac exshowroom with absolutely no discount plus i didnt like the eps arcade style light steering.
figo is a nice car liked the ride but it had waiting .and less features.
punto had the best ride plus i am biased .family also liked the ride of punto .punto 90 hp exshowroom was 6.86 lack .and discounts were offered .plus bossa nova white was available so booked and applied loan and took delivery 2 days later on 24 th dec .what a christmas gift.

now the quest for ice began as punto has bad speakers . so ordered a genesis high low converter , id chameleon 6.5 components, id v3 d4 sub , bull wiring kit. will use my old jbl amp gto 1004, damping and sub box from chandigarh (thanks abhishek for this).
now a spanner was thrown in my plans .as my courier got stuck at ambala as they wanted as affadavit that the courier was for my personal use and not sale so decided to go to amabala and collect it myself . reached amabala near manji sahib gurudwara and collected the stuff and then sub box and damping from abhi in chd..
installation done with help of monty ( another guy who deserved my whole hearted thanks)and now everything was ready. another thanks to gunbir sir for the audio stuff

Last edited by rupinder : 14th January 2011 at 20:20.
Old 14th January 2011, 21:01   #2
BHPian

Re: family trip to south rajasthan

5th jan

as much as we planned for a early start with all the packing and getting the kids ready the best we could do was start at 10 am from ludhiana .took the ludhiana -malerkotla-sangrur-patran-tohana -hisar route.the route was ok. from hisar we took the road to churu- fatehpur. from fatehpur we went to salasar well it was not planned but we accidently went on the road to laxmangarh .and then took a road for sujangarh and salasar was enroute .there is a very famous hanuman temple in salasar visted that and then left for sujangarh.

clubmahindra guy told us to go to nagaur and then ajmer but from ladrun there is a highway for kishengarh .took that and reached at 8.30 pm in ajmer .had our dinner at khwaja dhaba opposite railway station and then took a room . not much pics of the day .but here are those

family trip to south rajasthan-img_6355.jpg

family trip to south rajasthan-img_6358.jpg

family trip to south rajasthan-img_6359.jpg
Old 16th January 2011, 00:23   #3
BHPian

Hi Rupinder,

Nice start to the TL. Waiting for more pics and updates.
Old 16th January 2011, 07:35   #4
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Rupinder, We too had been to kumbalgarh and i am too club mahindra member. We too did a rajasthan trip in the same period but were at Jodhpur, CM has a property at Osian. Nice one . You can checkup the update on my TL.

Some time can meetup on a common CM property.
Old 16th January 2011, 08:20   #5
Senior - BHPian

The ludhiana -malerkotla-sangrur-patran-tohana -hisar - churu - fatehpur - salasar - sujangarh route - you mention it is OK, is it fully 2-laned? Are there bypasses for the towns, including Hissar? Facilities are good?
Old 16th January 2011, 12:51   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v View Post
Rupinder, We too had been to kumbalgarh and i am too club mahindra member. We too did a rajasthan trip in the same period but were at Jodhpur, CM has a property at Osian. Nice one . You can checkup the update on my TL.

Some time can meetup on a common CM property.
sure sir any day is there a club mahindra members forum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
The ludhiana -malerkotla-sangrur-patran-tohana -hisar - churu - fatehpur - salasar - sujangarh route - you mention it is OK, is it fully 2-laned? Are there bypasses for the towns, including Hissar? Facilities are good?
ludhiana -malerkotla-sangrur is getting four lanned .woek is going on. patrana-tohana -hisar is ok with some bad patches with a bridge between tohana and hisar broker .
hisar -churu is single lane clean road with some bad patches .
fatehpur-salasar -sujangarh is also ok.
sujangarh -landrun bad.

facilities are ok.

from landrun to kishengarh is highway and has hotels and dhabas though i didnt stop there
Old 16th January 2011, 13:07   #7
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rupinder View Post
sure sir any day is there a club mahindra members forum?
I think TBHP will have good number of CM members. Facebook has but not that much active.
Old 16th January 2011, 16:44   #8
BHPian

6th jan
woke up and decided to got to pushkar first and visit the dargah later . stopped at anna sagar lake and enjoyed the drive to pushkar. at pushkar we surrendered in front of the pandas and did the ritual .actually i had a nice time reciting those sanskrit word and getting my feet cleaned by my wife ( that was a first btw). after that had our breakfast.

anna sagar lake

family trip to south rajasthan-img_6363.jpg

family trip to south rajasthan-img_6367.jpg

family trip to south rajasthan-img_6369.jpg

pushkar lake

family trip to south rajasthan-img_6373.jpg

family trip to south rajasthan-img_6374.jpg

family trip to south rajasthan-img_6377.jpg

family trip to south rajasthan-img_6382.jpg

family trip to south rajasthan-img_6384.jpg

family trip to south rajasthan-img_6385.jpg

family trip to south rajasthan-img_6390.jpg

family trip to south rajasthan-img_6394.jpg

we were getting late so instead of visiting dargah we decided to go straight to kumbhalgarh .went from ajmer- beawar-bhim -devgarh- gomti junction .turned right for kelwara . the resort is 2 km from kelwara . reached kumbhalgarh at 4 pm .the buffet had finished .so checked in our tent and had a small snack. then met dsd a bcmtian from ludhiana .after the snack we were lazing in our tent and then decided to visit the kumbhalgarh fort and see the light and sound show there so rushed as with all forts in rajasthan they close at 5.30 pm . got our tickets and rushed to see the fort

family trip to south rajasthan-img_6397.jpg

family trip to south rajasthan-img_6400.jpg

family trip to south rajasthan-img_6404.jpg

family trip to south rajasthan-img_6407.jpg

family trip to south rajasthan-img_6408.jpg

family trip to south rajasthan-img_6409.jpg

family trip to south rajasthan-img_6410.jpg

family trip to south rajasthan-img_6411.jpg
Old 18th May 2011, 18:47   #9
BHPian

That was some amazing snaps. I was expecting more to come
please update, even though I am asking after 5 months.
Old 20th May 2011, 16:47   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by droolingvoyager View Post
That was some amazing snaps. I was expecting more to come
please update, even though I am asking after 5 months.
I guess he won't be able to update now because the status under his name say BANNED.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks