Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2011, 11:01   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India

We went for our initial Ski lessons from the guide.
Had a fall a couple of times.
All of us by turn started sking.
There were lot many things to hang on like the snow scooter, paragliding, a rope way to a higher altitude Phatru.
Attached Thumbnails
Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-254.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-255.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-256.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-259.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-262.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-263.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-267.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-268.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-269.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-270.jpg  

Old 29th January 2011, 11:07   #32
Senior - BHPian

Some more pictures from the ski centre in solang valley.
Attached Thumbnails
Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-273.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-275.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-280.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-281.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-282.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-283.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-285.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-286.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-287.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-289.jpg  

Old 31st January 2011, 11:13   #33
Senior - BHPian

After spending close to two hours on the sking we took the ropeway to Phatru which was was at a higher altitude than Solang valley.
Little did we realize that it was more fun in Phatru.
The snow was almost six feet and the fun started of throwing snow at each other.
Attached Thumbnails
Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-290.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-294.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-296.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-297.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-306.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-303.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-311.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-312.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-313.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-315.jpg  

Old 31st January 2011, 11:52   #34
Senior - BHPian

Some more pictures from Phatru.
The sun was playing hide and seek.
We spent another 2 hrs here and decided to go to Vashisit hot springs.
On boarding the ropeway my daughter forgot the gloves at the boarding point and ropeway attendant were very helpful and sent across the gloves after we disembarked from the ropeway.
Attached Thumbnails
Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-326.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-331.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-338.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-349.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-354.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-355.jpg  

Last edited by gajadonga : 31st January 2011 at 11:53.
Old 31st January 2011, 12:01   #35
Senior - BHPian

After changing back to our normal clothing paid back our guide and thanked him for making a wonderful experience on the snow.
We started back to visit the Vashist springs.
Next was Hidimba temple and we returned to the mall road for our final shopping
It was evening 5.30pm and our plan was to leave to Bikaner.
Coming up pictures on the way to the deserts
Attached Thumbnails
Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-360.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-361.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-362.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-363.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-364.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-365.jpg  

Last edited by gajadonga : 31st January 2011 at 12:03.
Old 31st January 2011, 12:39   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Gajadonga ( Btw, what your name?). Your visit to HP has rekindled my memories of last year when i was there for my annual vacation.

I see that you encountered heavy fog from Delhi and Ambala which has also been my experience each year. Its strange the fog disappears after this stretch.

Many pictures have come out hazy which shows you "too" clicked them in haste. I know some restrictions while driving but, some of these pictures should have come out little better.

Not sure if you saw my last year trip to HP. Here it is :-

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...just-snow.html

Do continue with your story.
Sorry for the poor picture quality there was so much of fog and in fact we missed Karnal because of the fog and instead reached Ambala bypass for the breakfast.
These pictures were taken from the car and clicked by my children.
Thanks for the comments I am yet to get into the deserts for more pictures.
Old 1st February 2011, 10:20   #37
Senior - BHPian

FOURTH LEG FROM MANALI TO BIKANER

We had finished our shopping in the mall road and were thinking to stay
back or go into the deserts to see the glory of the forts and the sands.
My next target was Bikaner and Jaisalmer.
We had a last glimse of Manali and bid adieu.
I was not sure of the road conditions from Ambala to Bikaner via Hisar.
Started from Manali at around 5.30pm.
Went into the town of Mandi and was again guided back to the main highway.
Stopped for refuelling near Ner chowk and could really see the chillness
outside the Gas station attendant was completed covered and could just see his eyes.
Stopped for dinner near Surendernagar and continued our journey.
I took the Banur route from Ropar after Kharar and the roads are excellent upto Ambala.
Crossed Amabala around 12.30am with some roaming into Ambala town for guidance towards Hisar.
The road from Ambala to Narwana was excellent and the road started detoriarating upto Hisar with good to bad roads in patches.
Hisar to Rajgarh had good roads.
I took the state highway after Rajgarh and till Taranagar the roads are good.
From Taranagar to Tauliyasar it is bad and the car was crawling in 20-30kms speed.
Lost a lot of time.
We stopped around 6.30am near Sawai Bari at a dhaba for morning tea.
Children jumped out seeing the sands after seeing snow the previous evening.
Attached Thumbnails
Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-367.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-368.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-369.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-371.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-373.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-374.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-375.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-376.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-378.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-379.jpg  

Old 1st February 2011, 10:42   #38
Senior - BHPian

Near Tauliyasar we stopped at a small hotel took a room for 2hrs little that we realized it could give the shock of our lives.
Unloaded the luggage and the car was looking very dusty so took a hose from the hotel guy and gave my car a good wash.
Little did I finish my wife started shouting from the first floor that the water is giving a Shock seemed some electrical wires problem.
Then I realised the Hotel name was S HOTEL and invariablly it has to give us Shock.
Quickly loaded back the luggage in the car and started from there to Bikaner.
From Sri Dungargarh it was excellent road till Bikaner.
Attached Thumbnails
Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-382.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-381.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-383.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-384.jpg  

Old 1st February 2011, 11:35   #39
Senior - BHPian

My first job after entering Bikaner was to get my Wheel balancing for my car
I reached a car care centre on the highway in the city.
He was a sardar and while removing the nut from the tyre broke the strut of the wheel.
This made my mood to toss.
I was helpless and after getting out the tyre he said the rim is bent so
he has to get the rim through first.
After rim through he put on the nuts of the tyre and was happy telling me
Arey sab theen nuts se gadi chalega fikar ki bath chodeye.
I was fuming controlled myself.
Procceded to Bikaner fort.
Some pictures from the Bikaner fort
Attached Thumbnails
Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-385.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-387.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-389.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-390.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-391.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-392.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-394.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-396.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-397.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-399.jpg  

Old 1st February 2011, 14:24   #40
Senior - BHPian

We were taken by the guide through the fort and he gave s a fair idea about the luxury and grandeur of the fort.
Attached Thumbnails
Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-414.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-415.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-417.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-419.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-420.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-422.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-423.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-426.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-427.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-429.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-432.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-433.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-436.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-439.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-441.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-442.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-445.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-446.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-448.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-449.jpg  

Old 1st February 2011, 14:29   #41
Senior - BHPian

We were quite eager to have a Rajasthani Thali food which was out side the fort.
Finished lunch and our next target was to go to Deshnok temple.
Some more pictures of the Bikaner fort
Attached Thumbnails
Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-424.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-425.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-450.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-451.jpg  

Old 2nd February 2011, 11:01   #42
Senior - BHPian

After lunch left to Karni Mata temple, Deshnoke.
This temple is dedicated to the rats as a protection by Karni Mata.
Started from Bikaner and the highway was excellent and little that I realised that on accelarating the vehicle my stearing was shaky.
I realised that our sardar bhai has forgotten to do the wheel balancing.
With aslow pace reached Deshnok temple.
My wife took some time to come into the temple seeing all the rats.
We had a good darshan
Attached Thumbnails
Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-452.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-453.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-454.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-455.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-456.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-457.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-458.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-459.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-460.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-462.jpg  

Old 2nd February 2011, 11:06   #43
Senior - BHPian

Sighting a white rat amidst hordes of black rats is considered specially auspicious.
We could sight one white rat.
After our darshan proceeded back to our sardar in Bikaner for the wheel balancing.
He greeted us with smile whereas I was fuming.
After completion still the same comforting words from Sardar
Sirji ap bina fikar ke jayee Theen nuts kafi hai Hyderabad pahunchne mein.
Some more pictures from Deshnok temple
Attached Thumbnails
Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-463.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-464.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-466.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-467.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-469.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-470.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-471.jpg  

Old 2nd February 2011, 11:15   #44
Senior - BHPian

FIFTH LEG FROM BIKANER TO JAISALMER

It was 4pm by the time our Sardar finished his work.
My pocket was lighter and could get an SBI atm which were many in Bikaner town recharged myself and started to Jaisalmer by around 4.30pm.
It was around 330kms to Jaisalmer.
We had decided to stay in Khuri a village about 35kms near Jaisalmer.
Pictures on the way to Jaisalmer.
Attached Thumbnails
Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-472.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-473.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-474.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-475.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-476.jpg  

Last edited by gajadonga : 2nd February 2011 at 11:16.
Old 3rd February 2011, 11:38   #45
Senior - BHPian

We reached Jaisalmer around 8.15pm.
I called up Mr.Badal singh in Khoohdi village for the occomodation.
He said it is available but as I was late it would take about one hour
to reach the place he suggested us to have dinner at Jaisalmer and reach his place.
We finished dinner and started our drive towards Khoodi village which was about 40kms from Jaisalmer.
It was a single road through the desert road was bumpy but the surface was ok.
Reached the village and we saw some program in the tents getting over.
Called up Badal singh he gave directions to get into the village.We could locate it easily.
Mr Badal was a plesant and simple man received us.
After introducing us he showed our rooms and we hit the bed at 10pm.
I was woken up in the morning by the sounds of sheep and it was 7.30am.
My wife was up by 6.30am and had explored the house and surroundings already.
Attached Thumbnails
Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-478.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-477.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-479.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-480.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-481.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-482.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-484.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-485.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-486.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-487.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-488.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-491.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-492.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-493.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-495.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-496.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-497.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-499.jpg  

Incredible India A trip to Snow clad moutains and the deserts of India-picture-500.jpg  

Most Viewed