Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2011, 17:49   #61
BHPian

re: Gurgaon - Sariska - Gurgaon - Phew...Finally sighted one of the Tiger Cubs of ST2

Guruji, I was glued to your Ranthambore thread and completly missed this one until now. Super hot pics of the cat. 5*
Old 16th February 2011, 20:50   #62
Senior - BHPian

re: Gurgaon - Sariska - Gurgaon - Phew...Finally sighted one of the Tiger Cubs of ST2

Lol...Thank you. Glad that you enjoyed..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeTorque View Post
Guruji, I was glued to your Ranthambore thread and completly missed this one until now. Super hot pics of the cat. 5*
Old 17th February 2011, 14:15   #63
Senior - BHPian

Awesome pics Gd sir.!
Finally your perseverance paid off.!
I went to Corbett (again) last month and stayed at Dhikala for 2 days but still no luck.
Will not give up till i see the majestic beast in its natural habitat.
Old 17th February 2011, 14:35   #64
Senior - BHPian

Thank you. No Stripes in Dhikala? Strange..! A friend of mine & his family went to Bijrani & Dhikala in Jan and had three sightings.

And that's the spirit. Try Sariska for once...

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithless_1984 View Post
Awesome pics Gd sir.!
Finally your perseverance paid off.!
I went to Corbett (again) last month and stayed at Dhikala for 2 days but still no luck.
Will not give up till i see the majestic beast in its natural habitat.
Old 17th February 2011, 15:16   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

Fantastic GD. Love the shots of the tiger near the water hole and your narration.

We have quite a few wildlife gurujis here from whom I would love to learn a lot. Will pm you for more lessons.

A five star rating
Old 17th February 2011, 15:21   #66
BHPian

Thanks for pointing out this one through your Ranthambore thread. I'd started following this one initially but somehow managed to lose track.

Amazing captures of the various animals in their habitat. The Tigers clicks were superb and the langur fighting pics had me ROTFL! In fact, got into a discussion with a friend of mine who's pretty interested in martial arts and he told me about some fighting moves which were incorporated after seeing langurs fighting. I think it was Stone Monkey style.

EDIT: Definitely a 5* log.

Last edited by lordofgondor : 17th February 2011 at 15:22.
Old 17th February 2011, 16:28   #67
Senior - BHPian

Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Fantastic GD. Love the shots of the tiger near the water hole and your narration.

We have quite a few wildlife gurujis here from whom I would love to learn a lot. Will pm you for more lessons.

A five star rating
Thank you. And Langurs & Kung-fu? LOL...The Snake & the Monkey style you mean...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordofgondor View Post
Thanks for pointing out this one through your Ranthambore thread. I'd started following this one initially but somehow managed to lose track.

Amazing captures of the various animals in their habitat. The Tigers clicks were superb and the langur fighting pics had me ROTFL! In fact, got into a discussion with a friend of mine who's pretty interested in martial arts and he told me about some fighting moves which were incorporated after seeing langurs fighting. I think it was Stone Monkey style.

EDIT: Definitely a 5* log.
Old 17th February 2011, 16:52   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
Thank you. And Langurs & Kung-fu? LOL...The Snake & the Monkey style you mean...
You're welcome Sir. My friend told me that Stone Monkey style:
Monkey Kung Fu - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
was adopted observing how Langurs fight. Though I myself know zilch.

I am inspired by this log of yours and am planning a visit to the Siriska park soon. I just hope that the rains in the last few days have not driven the predator back to the inner core areas.
Old 19th February 2011, 10:49   #69
Senior - BHPian

I would like to mention here that tomorrow on the 20th Feb, I am going again to Sariska along with two BHPians ( kp_zen & Deky) and photographer friend Sridhar.
Old 20th February 2011, 07:23   #70
BHPian

Excellent images, not only of tigers, but birds and other wildlife too! I have a feeling you are getting adicted to Sanctuaries. This is a treatable illness known in medical terms a CSAS (Chronic Sanctuary Adictive Syndrom). If left untreated it can progressively become more adictive and less cureable!
Old 21st February 2011, 10:50   #71
Senior - BHPian

Thank you Sir. Yes sir CSAS is what I'm stricken with..

Quote:
Originally Posted by llamrei View Post
Excellent images, not only of tigers, but birds and other wildlife too! I have a feeling you are getting adicted to Sanctuaries. This is a treatable illness known in medical terms a CSAS (Chronic Sanctuary Adictive Syndrom). If left untreated it can progressively become more adictive and less cureable!
Old 21st February 2011, 12:59   #72
Senior - BHPian

Date: 20th February, 2011

Please refer to my post #:69 where in I had mentioned that I would be going to Sariska again with kpzen, Deky & my friend Sridhar.
Unfortunately Sridhar dropped out because of some official work and I rued the lost opportunity of not being able to see the master in action and learn.

I'm posting a teaser. The full travelogue shall follow after I sort out the photographs.

A wet & irritated Himalayan Jackal - Canis aureus indicus

Gurgaon - Sariska - Gurgaon - Phew...Finally sighted one of the Tiger Cubs of ST2-3850a.jpg

to be continued.../-

Last edited by gd1418 : 21st February 2011 at 13:24.
Old 21st February 2011, 13:22   #73
BHPian

Guru Dutt Saab, eagerly awaiting for the next installment of your jungle quest. Keep it coming. Would not ask if you've spotted something or the list, cos I like the way your pics speak a lot about the wildlife. Keep them coming, hit us with the latest pics of your jungle advent.
Old 21st February 2011, 13:37   #74
Senior - BHPian

The three of us had a wonderfull time at Sariska. Though the weather was damp and awe full and not good at all either for photography or for wild life spotting but still we did not let it act as a dampener. We were thoroughly kept educated and entertained by GD sir's vast knowledge about the park and the wild life.
Old 21st February 2011, 14:23   #75
Senior - BHPian

Thanks GD and deky for the great day. It was a great experience, hope to catch the ST next time.

GD sniping.

Gurgaon - Sariska - Gurgaon - Phew...Finally sighted one of the Tiger Cubs of ST2-bcg1-large.jpg

Need fresh water, lemme open the tap and get some.
Gurgaon - Sariska - Gurgaon - Phew...Finally sighted one of the Tiger Cubs of ST2-bird4-large.jpg

Where's the water drop ?!!!
Gurgaon - Sariska - Gurgaon - Phew...Finally sighted one of the Tiger Cubs of ST2-bird3-large.jpg

Yaay! Got it.
Gurgaon - Sariska - Gurgaon - Phew...Finally sighted one of the Tiger Cubs of ST2-bird2-large.jpg

Gurgaon - Sariska - Gurgaon - Phew...Finally sighted one of the Tiger Cubs of ST2-bird5-large.jpg

Gurgaon - Sariska - Gurgaon - Phew...Finally sighted one of the Tiger Cubs of ST2-bird6-large.jpg
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks