Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2011, 17:15   #16
BHPian

Re: In my Punto to Golden Temple Sripuram, Vellore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
Thanks Harry. Did you comeback straight from the temple or went to Vellore town again? I was looking a for a route which does not touch Vellore town.
There is way by which you can directly go to temple from the main Blr-Chennai expressway. Just after the Toll Gate (Don't remember the name) on the main express way there is a sign board to take a left to Sripuram which is a kind of bypass and will lead directly to Temple ,thus avoiding Vellore town completely.
Old 17th February 2011, 19:22   #17
BHPian

There is a road immediately after crossing the Pallikonda toll (you an find the photo of this toll in HarryB's post). Not sure about the road condition though.
HarryB! I see that you have made another pitstop in Chola the Restaurant. Did you have food(lunch) there? Please post your experience.
Old 17th February 2011, 19:45   #18
BHPian

Hey HarryB nice pics. BTW even I had been to the golden temple around the same time.
I think we met on the way. In the hotel which you have clicked pics(3rd, 4th pic from the bottom), do you remember seeing a white i20? And also the Innova in the 4th pic from bottom in the background was ours.
World is small, isn't it?
Old 18th February 2011, 08:32   #19
BHPian

Even people can include Vellore Fort(in the heart of the city) & Ratnagiri temple(12 KM from Vellore towards Madras on GQ), which are worth watching.
Other places to visit around Vellore -
North - East : Ponnai Navagraham Temple, Thengal Ashram, Kribananda Variyar Temple(Kangeyanallur), Vallimalai Subramanya Temple
West : Pallikonda Vishnu Temple, Virunchipuram Siva Temple
Old 18th February 2011, 09:14   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWind View Post
There is a road immediately after crossing the Pallikonda toll (you an find the photo of this toll in HarryB's post). Not sure about the road condition though.
HarryB! I see that you have made another pitstop in Chola the Restaurant. Did you have food(lunch) there? Please post your experience.
Actually did not have any food (Lunch) @ Chola, just stopped for a quick coffee / cold drink break. So not sure for food but the coffee was really very good.I actually stopped for lunch at Srikrishna Inn (Hosur) and the food there was really good. However would like to share and funny incident which happened with me. Restaurant has a over head AC unit and all of a sudden while i was enjoying some nice hot rotis, water started falling on me and my wife, i actually had to get up and run away from the table to save myself from getting completely drenched.Water was all over the place and on food as well.All my Paneer butter masala and hot rotis now were in pool of water.On checking with the manager, he told as they tried to start the AC, and due to condensation water must have accumulated in the AC unit and thus the rain shower.Manager apologized and quickly changed all the food.So for a change experienced artificial rain showers, similar to what our Bollywood actors are habitual of and for a moment I and my wife felt like celebrities....with all of the restaurant's attention.I laughed out loud all of the incident and resumed my journey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me-hul View Post
Hey HarryB nice pics. BTW even I had been to the golden temple around the same time.
I think we met on the way. In the hotel which you have clicked pics(3rd, 4th pic from the bottom), do you remember seeing a white i20? And also the Innova in the 4th pic from bottom in the background was ours.
World is small, isn't it?
Yes I do remember the white i120,Wow world is really small. Now thinking only if we both had Team BHP stickers on our cars,we could have introduced ourself and actually met as well.
Old 18th February 2011, 22:48   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWind View Post
Been to GT Sripuram, Vellore last weekend on the way back from Tiruttani & Tiruvelangadu temples. The direct road from Golden Temple to Pallikonda toll gate is about 15 kms and is in a good condition with sparse traffic.
Old 19th February 2011, 19:59   #22
Senior - BHPian

Went to Sripuram temple today and came back by 5pm. Roads are mostly good. Some rough surface on the road connecting NH and Sripuram temple. Very little traffic. Overall a good temple to visit. They provide free lunch after darshan. Cam back through Vellore town. Drive took about 3.5 hours one way with a small coffee break at Soolagiri.
Old 12th November 2013, 10:03   #23

Very nice travelogue. Got the exotica red Punto like yours and I am also planning to go to the same destination but from Chennai.

Your thread popped out first in Google search. Co-incidence

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks