Two more of Pics of the Pachyderm
Attached Thumbnails
Guruvayoor and Alleppey Trip – A Newbie Travelogue-dscn0380.jpg  

Guruvayoor and Alleppey Trip – A Newbie Travelogue-dscn0396.jpg  

Old 15th February 2011, 23:09   #17
BHPian

Re: Guruvayoor and Alleppey Trip – A Newbie Travelogue

Continuing with the rest of the story
After visiting Annakotte, we asked the auto guy if he could take us to Mamiyur Temple, he also offered to take us to Parthasarathy Perumal Temple and TTD’s Venkatachalapthi Temple. At Mamiyur temple, they did not allow my wife into the main temple, as the allowed dress code for women is Saree or Skirt and my wife was wearing a Salwar. From there we went to TTD’s Venkatachalapthi Temple located close to the Guruvayoor Railway station and from there we went to Parthasarathy temple.
One thing we noted in Temples is when the priest gives us Flowers or Prasad, they drop them into our hands from about 10 to 12 inches height, by doing so even the tip of their finger will not come in contact with our hands. Not too sure about this custom (with all respects), but I was literally surprised.
All these temples were relatively less crowded and we quickly complete it. When we were done with the Parthasarathy temple and by this time, I was running out of cash. Anyway I saw a lot of ATMs near the temple and did not worry about it. It was already 7.30 PM and auto guy dropped us back at 7.45 PM near the Guruvayoorapppan temple. I paid the last 100 rupee note I had for the auto.
Wife was little hungry by now, hence we went to have Tea in the nearby hotel that is when I realized that I did not carry Wallet to the temple as leather items are not allowed inside the temple premises and that means I will have to go back to the hotel to get money. I failed to realize that I carried a small pouch with few hundred rupee notes and the purse was at the hotel room. I left my wife and Kutty chetan at the tea shop and ran to our hotel to get some money. When I came back it was already 8.10 PM and we rushed into the temple to the Annaprasanam area. We were supposed to be there by 8.00 PM. When we reached there, the first round was already in progress and when we checked with a person there, he asked us to wait till the first round is complete.
Our second drama unfolds here, since we had 5 minutes of time, we sit down for removing the shirt of Kutty chetan and also to change to Dhoti. The moment I remove his trousers, we find out that this guy has soiled on the diapers. We froze for a second, not sure how to react. I quick put the trouser back and give the most foolish solution (I have been that way ). “We can do the function with the trousers on, nobody will know it”.

Last edited by Ananthang : 15th February 2011 at 23:11.
Old 15th February 2011, 23:11   #18
BHPian

Re: Guruvayoor and Alleppey Trip – A Newbie Travelogue

@Ananthang - Very nicely narrated TL with interesting photos. Waiting for the log to unfold. And my best wishes to kutty chettan!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks