Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2011, 16:37   #16
BHPian

re: Gurgaon - Jhansi - Khajuraho - Bandhavgarh - Pench - Kanha - Bhedaghat - Gurgaon

Wow, excellent planning, hat's off. And thanks for motivating me to cover Bandhavgarh, Kanha, Pench in a single trip though I would go via train and then hire some local taxi or use local transport if of good quality.

Dont know when exactly I will take it up, but sometime soon enough
Old 1st April 2011, 16:49   #17
BHPian

re: Gurgaon - Jhansi - Khajuraho - Bandhavgarh - Pench - Kanha - Bhedaghat - Gurgaon

When in Khajurah, May be a drive to Panna will not dissapoint you. I had same 10 days plan in MP during Nov 2010 i.e., Orchha-Khajuraho-Panna-Bandhavgarh-Bhedaghat i.e., Jabalpur.

Subrat
Old 1st April 2011, 17:01   #18
BHPian

A mouth watering itienerary.
I am so glad that I have been a part in your tour planning.
Now lets pray hard - all of us and lets pray that the animals come out in full force to greet Gurudutt sir.

regards,
Dr. A Ghosh
Old 1st April 2011, 18:23   #19
Senior - BHPian

Thanks..

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeastFieast View Post

Wow, excellent planning, hat's off. And thanks for motivating me to cover Bandhavgarh, Kanha, Pench in a single trip
I had thought so but time constraints

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subrat Seet View Post

When in Khajurah, May be a drive to Panna will not dissapoint you. I had same 10 days plan in MP during Nov 2010 i.e., Orchha-Khajuraho-Panna-Bandhavgarh-Bhedaghat i.e., Jabalpur.

Subrat
Dr. Ghosh, thank you for everything. It would have been mammoth effort to do it all alone if your support wasn't there. Ever grateful...

More than that would like to see & feel the jungles of MP. Of course geting to see a different gene pool of Panthera Tigris should be the icing on the cake..

Quote:
Originally Posted by abheekg View Post

A mouth watering itienerary.
I am so glad that I have been a part in your tour planning.
Now lets pray hard - all of us and lets pray that the animals come out in full force to greet Gurudutt sir.

regards,
Dr. A Ghosh

Last edited by Eddy : 1st April 2011 at 23:00. Reason: Quoted post deleted
Old 1st April 2011, 20:40   #20
Senior - BHPian

GD sir,

Since you will be driving through Orcha, take an hour to see the palace, temple and river. That way don't have to do this again unless you are planning Gwalior - Shivpuri - Jhansi - Orcha - Devgarh trip again which is not a bad idea either.

If you cant, dont worry. Plan the circuit as mentioned above immediately after rains and the region looks green and fabulous and Betwa river in Orcha will be in full swing. It is treat to watch sun set over Betwa with Orcha palace as silhoutte. BTW, i was posted in Jhansi in eighties and this used to be our week end trip on Bike.

While in Kanha, leave early so that you are amongst first five in the queue. It helps as you may be lucky to see animals as they would get disturbed once the vehicles come in. The gate opens exactly at 6.15 AM. Carry light wollens as it may be cold. We were shivering when we were there few days back in March.
Old 1st April 2011, 20:55   #21
BHPian

Guru saab> All the best.....have a rocking trip !
Old 1st April 2011, 21:31   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post

Dr. Ghosh, thank you for everything. It would have been mammoth effort to do it all alone if your support wasn't there. Ever grateful...
The pleasure is all mine sir. you can always return the favour when I come visiting north India soon.

Quote:
More than that would like to see & feel the jungles of MP. Of course geting to see a different gene pool of Panthera Tigris should be the icing on the cake..

There you go again sir
Old 5th April 2011, 20:14   #23
Senior - BHPian

Less than a week left. excitement building up. Getting the car spruced up...
Old 5th April 2011, 20:56   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Less than a week left. excitement building up. Getting the car spruced up...
GD Sir,

We are excited too to hear about your adventures. We will wait for your travelogue to plan our next trip in Winter to Jabalpur - Bandhavagarh - Khajuraho - Varanasi.
Old 11th April 2011, 22:34   #25
Senior - BHPian

Three and a half hours to go....knots in the stomach.
Old 11th April 2011, 22:56   #26
Senior - BHPian

It may be too late to respond now. I somehow missed this thread. I have my little bit of experience in the following thread.

I just want to tell you that the national parks may not have much to offer during this time of the year. That may be disapointing to you. I had gone same time about two years ago.

Still I hope the best for you. Have a nice time!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...hotologue.html
Old 12th April 2011, 00:01   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Three and a half hours to go....knots in the stomach.
Get some sleep sir and wish you Godspeed.

Dr. A Ghosh
Old 12th April 2011, 01:12   #28
BANNED

Godspeed to you GD and have a great time. Gimme a buzz if you need any help in M.P.
Old 13th April 2011, 16:47   #29
BHPian

Here's an update on GD sahab's position in real time from latitude.
He's on his way from Khajurao to Bandhavgad.
He apparantly decided to go via satna instead of driving via Amanganj and through the buffer of Panna Tiger reserve !!

Ab kya bole...... wapas jao, wapas jao ! You can't simply miss the druive through that route !!

Gurgaon - Jhansi - Khajuraho - Bandhavgarh - Pench - Kanha - Bhedaghat - Gurgaon-guru1.jpg

Last edited by abheekg : 13th April 2011 at 16:48.
Old 15th April 2011, 13:14   #30
BHPian

GD sahab is in Bandhavgad and is driving down to Pench today evening.
Looking forward to meeting him tomorrow morning.

Gurgaon - Jhansi - Khajuraho - Bandhavgarh - Pench - Kanha - Bhedaghat - Gurgaon-gurudutt-bgad.jpg

GD sahab has been unlucky with tigers so far in Bandhavgad. Lets see whats in store for him in Pench. Wish us luck friends and hope that we have some great encounters together.

Dr. A Ghosh

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks