Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2011, 11:09   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: Trailing Tribals and Tigers - Chattisgarh & Kanha Diaries

I was in Kanha in April but not with Abheek, though all the logistics were arranged by Abheek.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fauji View Post

Now GD is there in Kanha alongwith Doc capturing some amazing moments as well
I too undertook the Tiger Show on my last day in kanha, but paid Rs.200 per person for the elephant ride. Are you sure you paid Rs.300 per head?

Quote:

Chota ram had already purchased the elephant ride tickets which costs Rs 300 per head.
Old 17th June 2011, 15:49   #92
Senior - BHPian

Re: Meanders in Madhya Bharat – Chattisgarh & Kanha

Thank you for the detailed log - very informative indeed. Having relatives in Raipur, I keep visiting there once in a while. Also, have driven up there once last year and might do it again this year. Will probably take NH43, subject to latest conditions.
Old 21st June 2011, 10:18   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
I too undertook the Tiger Show on my last day in kanha, but paid Rs.200 per person for the elephant ride. Are you sure you paid Rs.300 per head?
GD Saab, You are correct it should be Rs 200.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Thank you for the detailed log - very informative indeed. Having relatives in Raipur, I keep visiting there once in a while. Also, have driven up there once last year and might do it again this year. Will probably take NH43, subject to latest conditions.
Thanks Cool_dube. Try and do NH 43. It is longer no doubt. But will be beautiful after rains.
Old 21st June 2011, 15:56   #94
Senior - BHPian

I was glued to this thread.Thanks a lot for sharing and also some amazing find at Kanha-Wild Chalet looks very good.

This is off topic,but I am curious to know which is the "interesting" place that you were intending to go in Agonda?Could you please share more details
Old 22nd June 2011, 09:11   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
I was glued to this thread.Thanks a lot for sharing and also some amazing find at Kanha-Wild Chalet looks very good.

This is off topic,but I am curious to know which is the "interesting" place that you were intending to go in Agonda?Could you please share more details
Hi Ranjit,

We had planned to go to this place called "Dwarka" in Agonda. Agonda Being a eco hot spot - there were protests in nineties and made Taj group shut the construction there and moved to Varca - no permanant structures are built and the guy Clement builds a cute Hideaway every season and pulls it down in June when monsoon sets in. The location is heavenly. Take a look at the website.

www.dwarkagoa.com
Old 22nd June 2011, 12:21   #96
BHPian

Re: Trailing Tribals and Tigers - Chattisgarh & Kanha Diaries

Quote:
Vital Statistics

The planning for this trip was done with an intention of doing it leisurely without hurrying up. I will provide day wise details of the trip which may help others to plan.
Sirji,
Excellent narration and pcitures. Your TL is compelling me to plan a similar visit from Hyderabad covering chattisgarh, kanha and pench.
Old 22nd June 2011, 17:08   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Ranjit,

We had planned to go to this place called "Dwarka" in Agonda. Agonda Being a eco hot spot - there were protests in nineties and made Taj group shut the construction there and moved to Varca - no permanant structures are built and the guy Clement builds a cute Hideaway every season and pulls it down in June when monsoon sets in. The location is heavenly. Take a look at the website.

www.dwarkagoa.com
Thanks for the link,it does indeed look very inviting.
Old 24th June 2011, 20:12   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_Hawk View Post
Sirji,
Excellent narration and pcitures. Your TL is compelling me to plan a similar visit from Hyderabad covering chattisgarh, kanha and pench.
Night Hawk, nice to know that you liked it and is helpful. Yes, you should include Pench in the itenerary as you will be passing through it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Thanks for the link,it does indeed look very inviting.
Yes, Ranjit. It looks very pretty. Actually we had booked to go in Februaray and had to cancel due to other commitements. It is a must vsist place for me in Goa now. Possibly after monsoons.

We had stayed in another place called Fort Tiracol in 2006 during their inagural season when rates were reasonable - it is always good to go during the first season. It is ridiculously high now

On top of a hillock, overlooking sea in a old Portugues fort. Awesome location!
Fort Tiracol
Old 15th August 2011, 16:46   #99
Senior - BHPian

Monsoon and period immideately after monsoon is a great time to visit Chattisgarh. The valleys - large valleys when you drive on NH 43 - look fresh, green and beautiful. The falls - Chitrakot and Tiratgarh - will be in full glory.

Also, Dusserha in Bastar is very famous and it is month long festival when different tribes get together to celebrate. A nice article on Dusserha in Bastar.

Dussehra in Bastar -- a riot of colours - Economic Times
Old 15th November 2011, 08:25   #100
BHPian

Great drive - the road is much more picturesque than NH7... well NH7 gets greener in Adilabad and Seoni but nowhere near NH5 that I saw in your pics.
Old 15th November 2011, 09:25   #101
BHPian

Wow.. an Awesome coverage of the Madhya Bharat. This shows the diversity in land that we are privilaged to be in.

First time, i am coming across a write up on Chattisgarh for the right reasons. Hope i am able to cover this land soon. Hope the tensions relive and people of this land gets their share of privilages.

Thanks again for the wonderful travel.
Old 21st November 2011, 12:30   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by XH_Vee View Post
Great drive - the road is much more picturesque than NH7... well NH7 gets greener in Adilabad and Seoni but nowhere near NH5 that I saw in your pics.
Thank you sir. You are correct. NH 5 goes through the "rice bowl" of Andhra Pradesh and is always green.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind84 View Post
Wow.. an Awesome coverage of the Madhya Bharat. This shows the diversity in land that we are privilaged to be in.

First time, i am coming across a write up on Chattisgarh for the right reasons. Hope i am able to cover this land soon. Hope the tensions relive and people of this land gets their share of privilages.

Thanks again for the wonderful travel.
Thanks Aravind. Glad you liked it. If one can avoid the maoist areas, it is a beautiful place. No worries on security as such. The place looks great after monsoon.
Old 9th February 2012, 23:06   #103
Senior - BHPian

For those who want to explore Chattisgarh, another great option for stay is Kawardha Palace hotel. Here is the link for the hotel

Palace Kawardha Raipur Chhattisgarh

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks