Old 21st March 2011, 12:49   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Swifted : Bannerghatta National Park

Nice pictures, laluks
Really liked the one of the NICE road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmyalto View Post
How does this compare to Mysore Zoo
I think Mysore Zoo has more variety of animals as compared to Bannerghatta National Park. But Mysore Zoo is smaller than BNP.

Laluks, was the zebra there? It used to be in the enclosure next to the wolves. I think i read somewhere that the sole zebra of BNP passed away.
Old 21st March 2011, 17:11   #17
Senior - BHPian

@laluji - Bannerghata has never looked so beautiful, terrific snaps.. These days I think they are keeping most of the tigers in the cage and not letting them out in the enclosure.

@itsmyalto - Mysore zoo definitely has got a bigger collection compared to Bannerghata, but the attraction here is the Safari through the enclosures.
Old 21st March 2011, 17:48   #18
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Nice shots laluks. Liked the baby elephant shot. Cute.
Also the last three shots of snake, was it king kobra ? Saw lot of snakes at Pilikula Biological Park, mangalore.

This time i will be visiting BNP for sure. Will be in Bangalore for a week in mid may. if time permits would like to meet you guys too.
Old 21st March 2011, 18:59   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmyalto View Post
After having heard and read about the crowds and the poor living conditions in Bannerghata, I haven't been too inclined to go there, but may reconsider this summer only if we can make it on a week day.

P.S. Your other logs are pretty interesting and inspiring. Thanks for the same.
Thankyou itsmyalto.

Bannerghatta National Park has evolved a sponsorship model by which you can chose to adopt an animal. Probably now the fund flows are there to make the place better.

I have not been to Mysore Zoo. So I really don't know. But we already have got the answers to that

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Nice pictures, laluks
Really liked the one of the NICE road.

Laluks, was the zebra there? It used to be in the enclosure next to the wolves. I think i read somewhere that the sole zebra of BNP passed away.
Thanks amitoj.

Last December there was this lone Zebra there. He was always making some frantic calls - I have taken one pic where he is seen shouting. If the news is recent then I guess it could be unfortunately true - but he looked so healthy. These animals I guess are very fragile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
@laluji - Bannerghata has never looked so beautiful, terrific snaps.. These days I think they are keeping most of the tigers in the cage and not letting them out in the enclosure.

@itsmyalto - Mysore zoo definitely has got a bigger collection compared to Bannerghata, but the attraction here is the Safari through the enclosures.
Thanks gadadhar. When I went there, many of the tigers were in that safari area near the feeding place. So could see many.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v View Post
Nice shots laluks. Liked the baby elephant shot. Cute.
Also the last three shots of snake, was it king kobra ? Saw lot of snakes at Pilikula Biological Park, mangalore.

This time i will be visiting BNP for sure. Will be in Bangalore for a week in mid may. if time permits would like to meet you guys too.
Thanks V&V. The snake was King Cobra, first few are Cobra. BNP - depends, even today the matters there are not getting the needed push, but seems better than a few years ago.

Please let us know when you guys are here. Would definitely love to meet you guys. Would you be driving down?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks