Team-BHP - Ladakh ranges viewed from the plane - A Photologue from the Sky!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Travelogues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/)
-   -   Ladakh ranges viewed from the plane - A Photologue from the Sky! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/98574-ladakh-ranges-viewed-plane-photologue-sky.html)

Ladakh is never satiating!!! I was just going through the Leh travelogue of Tanveer (tsk1979) once again yesterday which i feel is the ultimate guide for anyone planning a trip to the region. I had gone through it before we planned our visit last year just before the floods ravaged the region. I am now waiting for what Nandu is going to post after his great adventure!!

I wanted to share some of the pictures we had taken from the sky as we left Leh airport to Delhi in the morning at 7 on 15 July last year. These pics were shot by Sony Cybershot 8 Pixels. The sights are just awesome. I wonder what would have been the result if Tanveer had taken these picstures with his camera!

If you are travelling to Leh by flight, make sure you have window seat and a good camera.

These are the views from the sky

Ladakh ranges viewed from the plane - A Photologue from the Sky!-dsc00408.jpg
Ladakh ranges viewed from the plane - A Photologue from the Sky!-dsc00409.jpg
Ladakh ranges viewed from the plane - A Photologue from the Sky!-dsc00410.jpg
Ladakh ranges viewed from the plane - A Photologue from the Sky!-dsc00411.jpg
Ladakh ranges viewed from the plane - A Photologue from the Sky!-dsc00414.jpg
Ladakh ranges viewed from the plane - A Photologue from the Sky!-dsc00417.jpg
Ladakh ranges viewed from the plane - A Photologue from the Sky!-dsc00418.jpg
Ladakh ranges viewed from the plane - A Photologue from the Sky!-dsc00419.jpg
Ladakh ranges viewed from the plane - A Photologue from the Sky!-dsc00420.jpg
Ladakh ranges viewed from the plane - A Photologue from the Sky!-dsc00421.jpg
Ladakh ranges viewed from the plane - A Photologue from the Sky!-dsc00422.jpg
Ladakh ranges viewed from the plane - A Photologue from the Sky!-dsc00423.jpg

I am Also posting few brilliant sights we had seen when we were driving form Manali to Leh and elsewhere in Ladakh. The passes - La in Ladakhi means "Pass" - had just opened and we were virtually driving through white sheets of snow!!!

Driving through Baralacha La

Ladakh ranges viewed from the plane - A Photologue from the Sky!-18-manali-leh-road-18.jpg

Ladakh ranges viewed from the plane - A Photologue from the Sky!-19-manali-leh-road-19.jpg

Ladakh ranges viewed from the plane - A Photologue from the Sky!-22-manali-leh-road-22.jpg

Ladakh ranges viewed from the plane - A Photologue from the Sky!-29-manali-leh-road-29.jpg

Ladakh ranges viewed from the plane - A Photologue from the Sky!-30-manali-leh-road-30.jpg

Ladakh ranges viewed from the plane - A Photologue from the Sky!-38-manali-leh-road-38.jpg

Ladakh ranges viewed from the plane - A Photologue from the Sky!-40-manali-leh-road-40.jpg

A cute little lake - Suraj tal - after we crossed Barlacha La

Ladakh ranges viewed from the plane - A Photologue from the Sky!-suraj-tal-manali-leh-road-31.jpg

Ladakh ranges viewed from the plane - A Photologue from the Sky!-suraj-tal-manali-leh-road-33.jpg

As you approach Leh city you will be going through these these mountains with brilliant coloured stones and Indus as company on the right side

Ladakh ranges viewed from the plane - A Photologue from the Sky!-88-leh-city.jpg

Stok Kongri, the tallest peak in Ladakh range basking in early morning sun. Picture taken on at sun rise few KMs from Leh on the way to Pongso Lake.

Ladakh ranges viewed from the plane - A Photologue from the Sky!-dsc00224.jpg

On the way to Kargil you will see this nice little Gurudwara Patthar Sahib - An important shrine for Sikhs.

Ladakh ranges viewed from the plane - A Photologue from the Sky!-dsc00367.jpg

Ladakh ranges viewed from the plane - A Photologue from the Sky!-dsc00369.jpg

As you drive on the Kargil road after Gurudwara, you will again be surprised by these stone formations.

Ladakh ranges viewed from the plane - A Photologue from the Sky!-dsc00387.jpg

This is just a small addition to the excellent photologues we have on TBHP. Let me know your feedback.

Ladakh from the sky looks beautiful. Most of us would have had the opportunity to fly above the Alps often, but flying over the Himalayas is for the decided few :)

I was reminded of the road trip we had done along with HVK in 2009. It was a beautiful trip.

Let the pictures flow in. They are very nice, along with the description it becomes nostalgic for anybody who have been there before.

@Fauji beautiful pictures. Areal shots are excellent. Any idea whats the altitude when you shot these photos.

We too are planning a Leh road trip in June this year. Pretty excited about it.
I am hooked too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by laluks (Post 2290560)
Ladakh from the sky looks beautiful. Most of us would have had the opportunity to fly above the Alps often, but flying over the Himalayas is for the decided few :)

I was reminded of the road trip we had done along with HVK in 2009. It was a beautiful trip.

Let the pictures flow in. They are very nice, along with the description it becomes nostalgic for anybody who have been there before.

+ 1 on this. I really feel nostalgic now. Feel like going back again this year but for leaves from office :Frustrati

Great snaps Fauji.

The last pic is 99% Nimmu transit camp. Isnt it?? I remember it from my time spent here in the year 1990.

Amazing pics, put more if you have

regards

OMG!!! What a spectacular view and place to visit. Indians should first visit this place and then to the Swiss. Tempting me to go there at once.

Great pics pal.

Excellent Pictures. Enticing place. What is the usual way to get there? Fly into Delhi and take a jeep ?

You went by air and returned by road?
Any guidance on what route the aircraft follows? I presume it overflies the Dhauladhars over Dalhousie & the Zanskar Valley to reach Leh?

amazing phtos, as above said it is true that we have to visit our own
indian beauties before we go out. Great photography

Quote:

Originally Posted by laluks (Post 2290560)

Thanks Laluks. You are right. Ladakh from Sky looks great. Also, we were fortunate that it was a clear day and we could see these fabulous scenes immediately after the flight took off. Also we were luckily sitting on the correct side. I did not want to post more pics as Tanveer has covered them in such a great detail :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by v&v (Post 2290591)
@Fauji beautiful pictures. Areal shots are excellent. Any idea whats the altitude when you shot these photos.

We too are planning a Leh road trip in June this year. Pretty excited about it.
I am hooked too.

Thanks V&V. It was immediately after the plane took off. Possibly 200 meteres. Not sure. We clicked till we went up and under the clouds!!

The Leh road trip is just fabulous. Our initial plan was to start from Manali to Leh and from there onwards to Srinagar via Kargil. The situation in Srinagar was volatile - remember the stone throwers in June/July last year - and we did not want to take chance.

If you are travelling by road from Manali, i would suggest do it over three days which will help you in better acclimitisation and also help cover the stretch leisurely. You may also take a detour to Tso Moriri on the way!!

We have a plan to do Winter Zanskar trek some day which i heard is awesome.

When in Ladakh, you will invariably witness these amazing sights. But dont forget to soak into the local culture and heritage, eat ladakhi food and become a Ladakhi. :). It is fun.

Fauji-excellent pics-reminds me of my flight to the Mt Everest-courtsey-Nepal Army-went their on an official tour-so they took us up for a flight over the Himalayas-sat with the pilots-it was a dream run. We spent about 20 minutes flying over the mountains and the icing on the cake was the Southern approach to Everest itself. The weather was as fantastic as the day you flew. 2002

Colonel Jude Mayne

Quote:

Originally Posted by amitwlele (Post 2290593)
+ 1 on this. I really feel nostalgic now. Feel like going back again this year but for leaves from office :Frustrati

Great snaps Fauji.

Thanks Amit. Abhise chutti apply kar do:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by deky (Post 2291466)
The last pic is 99% Nimmu transit camp. Isnt it?? I remember it from my time spent here in the year 1990.

Amazing pics, put more if you have

regards

Thanks Deky.

Not sure whether it was Nimmu transit camp. May be. This is just after ITBP Regimental Center.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dre@ms (Post 2291474)
OMG!!! What a spectacular view and place to visit. Indians should first visit this place and then to the Swiss. Tempting me to go there at once.

Great pics pal.

Dreams..You are absolutely right. Himalayan terrain is just magnificent. You should plan a trip. You need a full week after reaching Leh to do full justice to Ladakh.