Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2006, 22:09   #16
BHPian

what a place and what a time u must have had.
Old 15th January 2006, 23:12   #17
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

ok had just glanced thru the pics the last time and posted .. But now actually went around reading thru the whole thing .. And wow im really lost for words .. Rudraji i felt as if i was a part of the trip .. Thanks for making my day ..
Old 15th January 2006, 23:24   #18
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen
Anybody is planning to make a trip that side within next few months, must consider these:
1. Proper warm clothing (how obvious!)
2. Proper ankle covered shoe with right warm lining.
3. Woolen cap to cover your ears (looks funny, but important).
4. Good leather gloves if you’re shooting out in cold.
5. Sunscreen lotion, petroleum jelly to protect lips.
6. Carry extra battery for your camera. Keep the camera warm from your body temperature.

Hey, U missed the main point --- CALL ME !!! U can't come into my back yard and not call me ...

As for the pics, Simply MIND BLOWING !!! Compared to what I clicked with my digi cam ... I need to take up photography seriously I think ...

Cheers
Old 15th January 2006, 23:42   #19
Senior - BHPian

Rudra what can i say?

Awesome trip report and mind blowing pictures as always

You rock
Old 16th January 2006, 00:43   #20
BHPian

Hi Rudra
Nice pics... Nice journey.... Bad weather.....Peace at last..... Good whisky...... Yeh ! That's fun !! Very important: Is HP (Manali in particular) dry or MUST one ration Whisky. Looking forward to my India trip March onwards.....!!!
Warm regards from -8 in Zurich
Ajay
Old 16th January 2006, 00:59   #21
BHPian

Nature at its Best, bringing out the best from a photgrapher.

The best set of pics i have seen from you, Sir! Have always liked your photgraphy (of the cars youve done). Favourite was the Amby pic.

I could imagine actually myself in Himachal reading your write-up and then the pics ..... almost made me pack my bag and leave .

Im at loss of words .... the pics are just too gorgeous!
Old 16th January 2006, 11:04   #22
BHPian

Thanks for the brilliant pictures and equally nice writeup. Being a Delhite, I was missing the Delhi winters (now based in Pune) but after looking at those pictures, started feeling cold...

Cheers!
Old 16th January 2006, 11:35   #23
Senior - BHPian

wanna go wanna go wanna go. Beautiful.
Old 16th January 2006, 11:36   #24
Team-BHP Support

Rudra, you did it again. I know snow makes any location look much better, but one needs a great eye and talent to capture it in photos, good equipment too, but that's secondary.

Aaahhhggg!!! Three months back wife and I were trekking/travelling in the Himalayas for 10 days, we saw some amazing views. BUT, now I realize what a opportunity I lost. Most of my photos look like point-n-shoot tourist snaps, it made no justice to the views we saw. I should have practiced a lot before leaving on that trip.
Old 16th January 2006, 12:09   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai
I were trekking/travelling in the Himalayas for 10 days, we saw some amazing views. BUT, now I realize what a opportunity I lost. ...... ..... I should have practiced a lot before leaving on that trip.
Almost same happened here too, but practising before leaving wont help. Now i am taking a methodical approach. Hope to make best use of equipments i have next time...

Rudra,
Having seen them in summer, now winter looks more inviting. Also I thought that during winter when snow is around, the sky will be clear off clouds.

And...

...this is my fav. Also are the pics slightly more burnt?? I feel they are bit more dark.
Old 16th January 2006, 12:33   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrishn
Almost same happened here too, but practising before leaving wont help.
Why do you say so? There is lot of scope to improve if one basically plays around a lot with shutter speed, F-stop, ISO setting and compension. Of course, one does have to have an eye for what to shoot...
Old 16th January 2006, 13:25   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai
Why do you say so? There is lot of scope to improve if one basically plays around a lot with shutter speed, F-stop, ISO setting and compension. Of course, one does have to have an eye for what to shoot...
No... nothing wrong in what u said. Its just the time frame... i was just pointing out to the "should have practised before leaving". It might take more time to get the correct exposure... it comes with practise, as you said, but takes lots more time.
Old 16th January 2006, 14:03   #28
BHPian

SIMPLY STUNNING!!!! (crap short msg warning)
Old 16th January 2006, 14:45   #29
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrishn
i was just pointing out to the "should have practised before leaving". It might take more time to get the correct exposure... it comes with practise, as you said, but takes lots more time.
Ok, I was talking about regaining my touch. I got my first SLR in 1989, did lots of photography in early to late 90s.
Old 16th January 2006, 15:03   #30
BHPian

Awesome photographs Rudra :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by msprabhakar
Awesome pictures! Last year, same time, my family and I were in Nathu-La (Sikkim) and I thought that was the real heaven... your pics now prove there can be two heavens on earth!
Indeed. I was in North Sikkim (Yumthang, Yumsumedong) couple of months ago and it was beautiful (like the pics above).

Most Viewed