Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2015, 17:53   #46
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad - Ooty - Hyderabad: The Highlight, The Sidelight, The Lowlight

I know this is a 4 year old thread but Was just going through this thread, and what a surprise to see my Uncles tea Estate, Manasarovar Estate. As somebody mentioned that this is a carrot field/farm is dead wrong. I have grown up running up & down those slopes. Nice click mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifer1881 View Post

Last edited by Endless.... : 22nd June 2015 at 18:00.
Endless.... is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th June 2015, 14:13   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless.... View Post
I know this is a 4 year old thread but Was just going through this thread, and what a surprise to see my Uncles tea Estate, Manasarovar Estate. As somebody mentioned that this is a carrot field/farm is dead wrong. I have grown up running up & down those slopes. Nice click mate
The photo referred to by you is not the one referred by discoverwild as carrot farms. That one indeed was the carrot farm - somehow the photos are not getting loaded currently. However you can refer the same photos here

http://www.bcmtouring.com/forums/att...13-jpg.154428/

All the same, it must have been a wonderful life you had at the hills! Envy you!
Old 24th June 2015, 16:01   #48
BHPian

Opps, My Bad, I did not see that photo,
Thanks for the clarification :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallumowgli View Post
The photo referred to by you is not the one referred by discoverwild as carrot farms. That one indeed was the carrot farm - somehow the photos are not getting loaded currently. However you can refer the same photos here

http://www.bcmtouring.com/forums/att...13-jpg.154428/

All the same, it must have been a wonderful life you had at the hills! Envy you!
Old 17th August 2015, 18:23   #49

Hyderabad to Ooty via Bengaluru - Need recommendations/pointers

Hi All,

We are planning a family trip (3-4 days) from Hyderabad to Ooty in the middle of Oct. 2015 during the Dushehra Holidays. I have been searching for recent threads on this topic but couldn't find one. It would be really nice if you can provide your recent experiences and any do's/dont's etc.

I have a Honda City (I-VTEC/2010/Petrol) and would appreciate if there are any specific posts relevant to that. In case there are any threads that I should be looking at, please quote them too.

Thanks,
Ashish.
Old 17th August 2015, 22:52   #50
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Hyderabad to Ooty via Bengaluru - Need recommendations/pointers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish_me2 View Post
We are planning a family trip (3-4 days) from Hyderabad to Ooty in the middle of Oct. 2015 during the Dushehra Holidays. I have been searching for recent threads on this topic but couldn't find one. It would be really nice if you can provide your recent experiences and any do's/dont's etc.
Your route will be via Bangalore and depending on the time you reach Bangalore, you can think of bypassing the city via one or more options.
To Ooty your route options from Bangalore are:
Bangalore-Kanakapura-Malavalli-Kollegal-Chamarajanagar-Gundlupet
OR
Bangalore-Mysore-Nanjangud-Gundlupet (stretch has some road widening work in progress and Bangalore-Mysore can be really slow in peak hours/holidays)

From Gundlupet you can do:
Gundlupet-Bandipur-Masinagudi-Ooty (the 36 hair pin bend route)
OR
Gundlupet-Bandipur-Gudalur-Ooty (longer than route above and road is rough at many places)
*For your return, cops may not allow you to drive downhill on the 36 hair pin bend route so you may be forced to take Gudalur route.

More details for the Bangalore-Ooty route options are discussed in this thread - here

Last edited by NPV : 17th August 2015 at 22:54.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2015, 12:54   #51

Any recommendations on places to get Petrol from on the way from Hyderabad to Mysore to Ooty? I drove on the Hyderabad - Bengaluru highway a few years back and refilled close to Anantpur. It was more Kerosene than Petrol. Just want to avoid that situation this time.
Old 23rd August 2015, 14:58   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish_me2 View Post
Any recommendations on places to get Petrol from on the way from Hyderabad to Mysore to Ooty? I drove on the Hyderabad - Bengaluru highway a few years back and refilled close to Anantpur. It was more Kerosene than Petrol. Just want to avoid that situation this time.

Tank up in your regular bunk in Hyd. You should have enough range to reach close to Chickbalapur. Just before Chickbalapur you will find a Kamat on your right. The bunk there is a CoCo bunk.
On Mysore road tank up again at McDonald's bunk between Ramnagar and Madur. Again a COCO. My Punto took me to Ooty and back till this bunk. I am sure you will find a decent bunk in Ooty to just fill emergency fuel and drive back to McDonald's to tank up.

Most Viewed