Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2011, 14:42   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Vesta tours and travels: Reboot life - Kerala - Kanyakumari - Kodaikanal Couple t

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
Saturday @ Kaas sounds good. Are you planning a trip or a get together? I was planning for a Satara ride this saturday, maybe we can meet there.
Thanks for the Rajasthan linky, are there any others too?

In fact it is a good idea to keep your hands in your pockets for some time what with more launches around the corner (Brio, diesel Liva, Xylo CS etc)

Kaas/ Bamnoli trip is a TBHP meet, I thought you would have seen this:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...p-meet-10.html

It would be a good opportunity to meet a lot of the names we usually see here. I hope you can make it

Last edited by selfdrive : 13th September 2011 at 14:44.
Old 13th September 2011, 14:59   #47
Senior - BHPian

Re: Vesta tours and travels: Reboot life - Kerala - Kanyakumari - Kodaikanal Couple t

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Thanks for the Rajasthan linky, are there any others too?
There are few more:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...de-konkan.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...i-one-day.html

I thought the t-bhp meet was best suited for those WITH cars, and hence never checked the thread
ani_meher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2011, 12:10   #48
BHPian

Hi Ani,

Kudos to your wife for being such a sport. Believe me when I say that not many of the fairer sex are game to such bike rides braving the weather.

Your logs not only make for interesting reading but are a repository of important Info as well. Finished the Rajasthan travelogue too at one go.

Keep them coming mate.
sandip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2012, 16:15   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Lesson of a lifetime - Day 11

Finally, at about 7.50P.M. we reached Munnar, and started our search for hotels. In Kodaikanal, I was worrying that finding a good hotel at night may be troublesome. But in Munnar, I realized how wrong I was. At night, all the good hotels have bright signs put up on top of them, and usually they are clustered to certain areas. We could spot the neon signs of the hotels from far away, and then would go and scout that area. We checked about 6 hotels. I was longing to throw the stuff along with myself on bed after the tiresome ride, and morning’s exercise of cycling and boating, but Nandinee had got her second wind. She would merrily go prancing in each hotel to check its rooms, and would come back disappointed.

It was past 8 now, and I understood what the policeman meant by ‘curfew’. All the shops started pulling down the shutters, and the tourist information center which was surprisingly open that late when we arrived, was closed down too.

In the end we found ‘Jay’s tourist home’. It is a good hotel, with attentive staff. It’s just at the beginning of the Mattupetty dam road. Checked in, and had a rushed dinner in a nearby hotel.
On 11 Aug 2011 you wrote this among other things.Your hunger and thirst shines through your writings which are very profound. Almost Confucian. A tremendous thread indeed. I happened upon the thread by chance while googling for Jays Tourist Home. My salute to you.

P.S - Can you share some details about Jays Tourist Home?
Old 2nd March 2012, 22:51   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skdking View Post
On 11 Aug 2011 you wrote this among other things.Your hunger and thirst shines through your writings which are very profound. Almost Confucian. A tremendous thread indeed. I happened upon the thread by chance while googling for Jays Tourist Home. My salute to you.

P.S - Can you share some details about Jays Tourist Home?
Thanks for your kind words Glad you enjoyed the log.

Regarding Jays tourist home, sorry I don't have any pics. But it is bang on the road that goes to Medupetty Damn, just on that bisection from Munnar. Very clean and neat hotel, though car parking will be bit troublesome. Rates can be bargained well if you are in off season. Recommended.
ani_meher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2012, 12:05   #51
Senior - BHPian

Re: Vesta Motorcycle Tours and Travels: Reboot life - Kerala - Kanyakumari - Kodaikan

Hey ani made for a wonderful read man, wonder how I missed this thread. You definitely have some writing skills and I loved the marriage and it's adventure part .

Wonder how people missed this board and it's typos ?

Vesta Motorcycle Tours and Travels: Reboot life - Kerala - Kanyakumari - Kodaikanal-img_0064.jpg
rjstyles69 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2012, 16:42   #52
BHPian

Quote:
We moved on to Echo point. Usually the echo points are on a mountain top, where you hear your voice echoed in mountains. At this point, you can hear the echo from the trees on the opposite side of the river. I was testing this phenomenon perhaps a bit too loudly, because Nandinee was distancing herself from me the whole time we were there.
That distancing part was funny. I can almost see both of you acting out this situation.
skdking is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks