Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2016, 11:53   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Looking for the ever elusive Tiger in Tirunelly forest near Wayanad

Quote:
Originally Posted by soumen.blore View Post
We didn't take the drive to the other property,but did a night drive on our own till thirunelli temple. Manged to spot few gaurs and deers.

Yes the JLR safari was closed due to issues between them and forest department. That was a bummer considering there was tiger sighting during the afternoon safari.
I would suggest to try the campfire if you are planning another trip. I am sure you will love the forest, food and the jungle stories shared during the night beside a stream and you know there might be an Elephant or a Tiger lurking in the darkness around you. Below link is on my experience from the campfire

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...d-tigress.html
Old 19th October 2016, 12:18   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
I would suggest to try the campfire if you are planning another trip. I am sure you will love the forest, food and the jungle stories shared during the night beside a stream and you know there might be an Elephant or a Tiger lurking in the darkness around you. Below link is on my experience from the campfire

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...d-tigress.html
Thank you, I am going there for 3 nights in December will make sure to enjoy the campfire. We did go on a tiger trip in the forest . And this time the sightings around the farm itself was really good we had a herd of gaurs led by a big bull, a tusker, giant squirrel and saw an otter in the stream near by. In terms of the tiger there was no sign of its presence in the vicinity.
soumen.blore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2016, 13:15   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by soumen.blore View Post
Yes the JLR safari was closed due to issues between them and forest department. That was a bummer considering there was tiger sighting during the afternoon safari.
You can always opt for the Forest Department Safari. JLR is certainly not the end of the world considering the exorbitant prices they charge.
Old 19th October 2016, 13:35   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
You can always opt for the Forest Department Safari. JLR is certainly not the end of the world considering the exorbitant prices they charge.
Very True. Off late they have stopped having a dedicated naturalist in the jeep. USP of JLR always were their amazing naturalists, their knwoldege about the forest and its inhabitants and their passion towards work. Now driver is doubling up as a naturalist and not sure he is even trained for that job and whether he can do justice to both the jobs at the same time. I had complained about this after my last safari from Bandipur JLR, but don't think they are bothered considering their monopoly and hence the crowd they have. They are busy in adding more cottages, locations and new safaris, but it can all fall apart soon is they start compromising on the quality.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks